The 2011-2012 Betting Thread: Last call for 2011/12 football, pretty much

Stu

i just think downerpantz owes me an apology. he honestly had me beleiving i'd wake up £300 richer, not a chance samoa could lose to some nation i've never heard of. i was snoozing this morning, like half asleep and was like 'oh fuck, better check if my moneys come in' and then they lost 10-1?? how? samoa can fuck off aswell

Guest neesy111

Sorry to say Steggy but you are a fool for believing 14-1 odd's for a football match would make you money.  Seriously.

Steggy's justification for this bet is glorious:

1) They're 14/1, those are long odds.

2) Hansdownerpantz insists they'll win.

3) I haven't heard of Tahiti.

Fred Craggs of Thirsk, Yorkshire, UK has won a million pounds in an eight horse accumulator.  He is the first person to win a million pounds [$2,000,000 USD] in a betting shop in the UK.  His stake was only 50p [$1].  What's amazing is that Fred did not combine his selections in doubles and trebles, just a straight 8 horse accumulator.

Another remarkable feature of the bet is that all his 8 selections from Sandown, Dubai and Wolverhampton had catchy names rather than credentials based on form.  The first horse, which won the 2:55 at Sandown, was called: Isn't That Lucky.  It won at 10/1.

At the Dubai races most of the horses have Arabic names, thus it's even more unlikely that horses like 'Racer Forever', 'Frosty Secret' and 'Sun Classique' could win - but they did.

Later selections ran at the evening meeting at Wolverhampton, this is why Fred Craggs did not know that his 8 horse accumulator had obliged until he called into the William Hill betting shop on the Saturday.

King's Fable won the 8:50 at 17/2.  Then the last horse in the accumulator, named, 'A Dream Come True.' duly won the 9:20 at Wolverhampton.  To cap off the co-incidences, this weekend was Fred Craggs' 60th birthday

Fred Craggs of Thirsk, Yorkshire, UK has won a million pounds in an eight horse accumulator.  He is the first person to win a million pounds [$2,000,000 USD] in a betting shop in the UK.  His stake was only 50p [$1].  What's amazing is that Fred did not combine his selections in doubles and trebles, just a straight 8 horse accumulator.

Another remarkable feature of the bet is that all his 8 selections from Sandown, Dubai and Wolverhampton had catchy names rather than credentials based on form.  The first horse, which won the 2:55 at Sandown, was called: Isn't That Lucky.  It won at 10/1.

At the Dubai races most of the horses have Arabic names, thus it's even more unlikely that horses like 'Racer Forever', 'Frosty Secret' and 'Sun Classique' could win - but they did.

Later selections ran at the evening meeting at Wolverhampton, this is why Fred Craggs did not know that his 8 horse accumulator had obliged until he called into the William Hill betting shop on the Saturday.

King's Fable won the 8:50 at 17/2.  Then the last horse in the accumulator, named, 'A Dream Come True.' duly won the 9:20 at Wolverhampton.  To cap off the co-incidences, this weekend was Fred Craggs' 60th birthday

Love a story like this, class.

Guest Roger Kint

Love a story like this, class.

Great story. Well played to him, as someone who can rarely string 5 football results together getting 8 horses is incredible.

Guest Roger Kint

England to be knocked-out in a penalty shoot-outs - 13/2. :lol:

I would be quite impressed if we got far enough for that to be a possibility :lol:

10-1? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think i'll stay away from Oceanic football in the future like

:lol: It's not like it wasn't obvious to see, man. I'm still in stitches that Steggy was genuinely expectant. :lol: