The 2011-2012 Betting Thread: Last call for 2011/12 football, pretty much

Stu

£20 on Benzema Top Goalscorer at Euro at 16/1 ( on Ladbrokes if you bet £20 on any outright top goalscorer, you will get a free £5 bet every time he scores)

£10 on France to win Euro at 11/1.

You can get 50/1 for the double. Some very good odds available in general in that market.

Spain/Ronaldo = 80/1

Germany/Ronaldo = 66/1

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/internationals/euro-2012/winner-top-goalscorer-double

None of those are good at all, compared to what they really should be. This is where the bookies make their money from the big tournaments.

Guest Roger Kint

33/1 for mickdaam. Any reason why some of you are picking him, apart from the odds?

Personally i have backed its last few so no other reason than that. Other than stu actually knowing what he is doing saying the same i dont think there is any reason. :lol:

anyone get on the money back special at ladbrokes this morning? all money back if you bet on camelot and he doesn't win. only open between 9 and 9 30 though muahahahahaha

Max £20

anyone get on the money back special at ladbrokes this morning? all money back if you bet on camelot and he doesn't win. only open between 9 and 9 30 though muahahahahaha

Max £20

i know, but still. literally can't lose money.

I'm joining in with an e/w on Mickdaam.

Fuck it, reverse forecast aswell with Camelot.

tricast with Bonfire

Max £20

i know, but still. literally can't lose money.

:thup: Enjoy your £14

Mickdaam:

So, where am I going to reclaim yesterday's losses? I also fancy Vow in the Oaks. Can anyone see anything other than a Camelot win in the Derby tomorrow? Might stick a double on that.

Without looking at any odds or or even the full lineup am already fancying Mickdaam given its won decent money for me so far. Hopefully it will be a nice ew price.

33/1

Again, I have no real idea what i'm talking about like, but that horse has placed in all of it's Class 1 races over the past year.

Fuck it, reverse forecast aswell with Camelot.

It's a 9 horse race, with an odds-on favourite, so lets assume he wins outright.

Mickdaam has already beat one of the other 7 horses. Another 3 runners ran much slower times than Mickdaam over the 1m2f at Newmarket.

So, on paper, it's got to find a little improvement against 3 other horses in a battle for 2 places (behind Camelot) for the e/w part of the bet to pay off (1/5 the odds for a place - 33/1 = 13/2, just for finishing top 3)

Mickdaam stays the trip and has previously won at Chester (left-handed course like Epsom).

It's the best value pick, especially couple with a Camelot f/cast (for me at least).

Mickdaam:

So, where am I going to reclaim yesterday's losses? I also fancy Vow in the Oaks. Can anyone see anything other than a Camelot win in the Derby tomorrow? Might stick a double on that.

Without looking at any odds or or even the full lineup am already fancying Mickdaam given its won decent money for me so far. Hopefully it will be a nice ew price.

33/1

Again, I have no real idea what i'm talking about like, but that horse has placed in all of it's Class 1 races over the past year.

f*** it, reverse forecast aswell with Camelot.

It's a 9 horse race, with an odds-on favourite. Mickdaam has already beat one of the other 7 horses. Another 3 runners ran much slower times than Mickdaam over the 1m2f at Newmarket.

So, on paper, it's got to find a little improvement against 3 other horses in a battle for 2 places (behind Camelot) for the e/w part of the bet to pay off (1/5 the odds for a place - 33/1 = 13/2, just for finishing top 3)

Mickdaam stays the trip and has previously won at Chester (left-handed course like Epsom).

It's the best value pick, especially couple with a Camelot f/cast (for me at least).

Far too much logic  :lol:

Is there anywhere that allows you to place a bet on a horse to just place, rather than always having to double your stake to an e/w? I swear I've seen it before but BetFred don't seem to have any such offer.

Is there anywhere that allows you to place a bet on a horse to just place, rather than always having to double your stake to an e/w? I swear I've seen it before but BetFred don't seem to have any such offer.

Its the same bet is it not? Or do the odds lower significanlty with e/w?

Yeah, most sites offer the Tote and/or markets "to place"

BetFred don't appear to have this. You can get the f/cast with Camelot though (reverse to be safe IYAM)

I'm looking for something to double up with Camelot. St Nick's Abbey in the 14:40?

Fuck it, £25 on the O'Brien double. Also got a free £25 bet out of it which I'll save for the football later.

Its the same bet is it not? Or do the odds lower significanlty with e/w?

You'll usually find that the 'to place' market is just over a point shorter, given that you're not risking the 'win' part of an e/w bet, the bookie isn't going to offer you the same price.

i.e. I said Mickdaam was 13/2 for a place (as part of an e/w bet). I'd expect this to be about 5/1 - 11/2 for a 'to place' market

EDIT: B365 'to place' market http://www.bet365.com/home/FlashGen4/WebConsoleApp.asp?&cb=20117

11/2

I'm looking for something to double up with Camelot. St Nick's Abbey in the 14:40?

Fuck it, £25 on the O'Brien double. Also got a free £25 bet out of it which I'll save for the football later.

Hope you lose :thup:

:lol: Stu's fucking ruthless.

Cheers for the info, though. :thup:

:okay: