The 2011-2012 Betting Thread: Last call for 2011/12 football, pretty much

Stu

Oh, forgot, I put this on this morning

Tenner on Tricast Group D: France/England/Sweden @ 10/1

Then another tenner on that doubled up with Tricast Group C: Spain/Italy/Ireland

The double returns over £700 if it comes off. Speculative, but you never know.

I want to go for Shropshire in the 2:55 at Newmarket. Really want to. But I just realised I've put a total of about £250 of Euros bets on in the space of 10 minutes. :lol: Fuck sake.

Guest Roger Kint

Mainly went for nags today with a small double on Draw/Germany & Holland to win both halves

200€ on Holland and 100€ on Holland -1.

What does the -1 mean?

I'm guessing

Holland draw = loss

Holland win by 1 goal = stake returned

Holland win by 2 or more = win

Depends whether it's Asian or not, which genuinely annoys me when people don't specify on here. :lol:

Most handicaps will just be 3 way handicaps, in which case you need at least a 2 goal lead to win, anything else would be a loss. 2/1 for Holland -1 today can't be overlooked.

Well, not most really. :lol:

I can tell by the odds but when people just say -1 without saying odds or whether it's Asian it's a bit stupid.

You don't seem keen at all on Germany today, David?

Don't know, really really don't know. I know the way Portugal play -  very quick on the counter attack - doesn't suit Germany. Schweinsteiger will definitely play and will definitely not be at 100% - neither mentally or physically.

If the latest rumours of Gomez starting are true then that's another reason not to back them today, as we all know how poor he can be for Germany - despite banging them in for Bayern.

Last but not least, the defence. Of course, Lahm is world class but he'll play on the left - not against Cristiano. Ronaldo will play against Höwedes, Bender (who's never played as a RB before) or indeed Boateng - who's never been short of an error (or of a meeting with a German top model, at 2:00 am at a hotel bar, just days before the tournament. :lol:)

If Özil, Müller and Podolski won't do their magic, and if Khedira won't be able to play for at least 1 1/2 players, then I can't see them winning today.

Will place my bet after the Holland game.

£20 on Tunisia away to Cape Verde at 2.0

£20 on Senegal away to Uganda at 2.8

£35 on Holland at 1.8

All of them look like a possibility, but obviously at least two of them wont go in.

Don't know, really really don't know. I know the way Portugal play -  very quick on the counter attack - doesn't suit Germany.

Two counter attacking teams. :scared:

Don't know, really really don't know. I know the way Portugal play -  very quick on the counter attack - doesn't suit Germany.

Two counter attacking teams. :scared:

Germany aren't really that counter attacking. They did it at the WC 2010 a lot, but that was because they got an early lead in many games - like against Argentinia or England. Against Spain, Ghana and Serbia they either had to attack or even chase the game and failed - or like against Ghana - needed a moment of magic from Özil to sneak out a 1-0 win.