The 2011-2012 Betting Thread: Last call for 2011/12 football, pretty much

Stu

Away from the Euros for a minute.  Anything at Royal Ascot people fancy?

Normally end up betting on most the races and winning (or usually losing) loads.

Not a great deal I fancy this year mind.  But I think Carlton House has a good shout at 5s in the Prince of Wales on Wednesday.  Cirrus De Aigles and So You Think a bit short, but are the form horse.  Just think CH is an unexposed 10f horse and has a really nice turn of foot.  I know he's been working really well and the yard are pinning most of their 2012 hopes on him.

Tales of Grimm on the Thursday for Stoute and all.  Looks like he needs 10f and ran well at Sandown over a mile.  Stayed on at the end and was flying in the last half a furlong or so.

Nahrain and Opinion Poll are the only others I fancy.  Will no doubt end up spunking loads on silly little bets though, do wish I didn't work in an office :lol: 

Already done a Gabrial/New Pearl £2.50 e/w double and £5 e/w singles.  14s and 20s, like that's gonna happen :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Trebling up Back Caviar and Frankel with a couple of other horses.

Think BC, Frankel & Fame and Glory(Or Bated Breath if as expected it dodges the Aussie) is a good price.

Edit: Fame & Glory has been backed right into 11/10(was 5/2 last week)

Just put a few quid on the four of them at 31/5

Yep, Frankel and BC need to be in a treble with at least a half decent priced fancy.

What did you get on Frankel Stu?  I see it's 1/6 pretty much everywhere now :lol:

Think BC, Frankel & Fame and Glory(Or Bated Breath if as expected it dodges the Aussie) is a good price.

Edit: Fame & Glory has been backed right into 11/10(was 5/2 last week)

Just put a few quid on the four of them at 31/5

Not sure, but I thought there were ground concerns over Bated Breath?  They're saying it's good to soft, but I reckon it will be closer to soft on the day.  I reckon they blag these going reports at times!

Any reason Spain's odds have tumbled down quite a bit (aside from they're geet mint and that)? They were over 1.8 a day or so ago, best price now is 1.53

Don't think there's any reason other than punters are betting on the game on the day bringing the price down.

Germany was 1.8 yesterday morning and was 1.58ish near to kick off.

Any reason Spain's odds have tumbled down quite a bit (aside from they're geet mint and that)? They were over 1.8 a day or so ago, best price now is 1.53

People chasing

Guest BenArfaKedavra

paddy power enhanced special: 2/1 for Spain + Italy double. I've resisted.

I haven't. £20.

It's tempting, but going to stay true to my word and keep away. Not sure what to make of the Spain game. Spain should win, but I really wouldn't be surprised to see a draw. Italy should win their game pretty easily though.

If it finishes France/England, I've made a £7 profit. If it finisihes England/France, I'd make £3 profit. If Ukraine fuck it up, I'm fucked.

http://i.imgur.com/qQrnH.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/IpLKi.jpg

Keith Andrews first card @ 9/1

Italy/Italy (8/11) and Spain/Spain (13/8) double

David Silva 3-0 scorecast @ 70/1

Torres FGS @ 9/2

Balotelli and Rakitic(sp) to be booked (double) @ 9/1