The 2011-2012 Betting Thread: Last call for 2011/12 football, pretty much

Stu

Considering a Germany corners bet tomorrow @ 2/7

Greece have lost all corners matchbets so far, and even if they manage to frustrate Germany beyond 90 minutes (which I think unlikely, personally), the pressure of the Germans would (I hope) at least result in them winning on corners in regular time.

Germany -3 AH corners @ 1.9 on bet 365 looks quite tempting. But I don't stake high, I might have £10 on it.

Putting on a fair bit on >2 goals in Universidad Chile v Boca tonight.

Watched the second half, had money on Uni myself, and they should've score that on their own, just in that second half alone. Hit the bar twice and spurned countless other opportunities.

Another quality days racing then.  What's everyone on?

Think the ground will really fuck up some decent horses, soft now with more rain forecast!

Astrology a bit short, but should win.  Fillies race looks a nightmare and the form is a mess.  Buick has two great chances with Newfangled and Gatewood, you just don't know how some of the horses will handle the bog.

Will probably do some yankees again, post them up in a bit.  Repeat of yesterday would be nice :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Another quality days racing then.  What's everyone on?

Think the ground will really fuck up some decent horses, soft now with more rain forecast!

Astrology a bit short, but should win.  Fillies race looks a nightmare and the form is a mess.  Buick has two great chances with Newfangled and Gatewood, you just don't know how some of the horses will handle the bog.

Will probably do some yankees again, post them up in a bit.  Repeat of yesterday would be nice :lol:

I have L15 on Gatewood/Newfanged/Global Village/Laugh Out Loud. With ew acca cover.

Its a knocking bet that as i couldnt split Channons two horses that Samitar will win now. Biggest worry is Gatewood but as i have backed its last 3 runs then i might as well stick with it again.

Gatewood would win easily on good/good to firm IMO, just don't think he's ever raced on soft.  Mijhaar is getting backed and was well thought of last year, Danadana is progressive as well, but again ground is probably a bit ???

Expect some more big priced winners due to the swampl like conditions!

Guest Roger Kint

Gatewood would win easily on good/good to firm IMO, just don't think he's ever raced on soft.  Mijhaar is getting backed and was well thought of last year, Danadana is progressive as well, but again ground is probably a bit ???

Aye i agree, i wasnt even going to bet today either :lol:

FWIW i am more confident in a horse that has never ran in boggy ground than one thats ran shit in it so it still has a good chance in my eyes. David Craig was on SSN news while i was getting ready for work and made a point that on the rails(think he said stand side) it was marginally better than good to soft compared to the rest. Hopefully it can get across there from the middle stalls early on.

Aye i agree, i wasnt even going to bet today either :lol:

FWIW i am more confident in a horse that has never ran in boggy ground than one thats ran s*** in it so it still has a good chance in my eyes. David Craig was on SSN news while i was getting ready for work and made a point that on the rails(think he said stand side) it was marginally better than good to soft compared to the rest. Hopefully it can get across there from the middle stalls early on.

Often jockeys will gamble and come across to the rail with better ground, seen it work quite a few times.  You end up going further though and unless there is a massive difference, it hardly seems worth it.  Short straight at Ascot as well, so you'd have to swing round a very wide corner if it is the stands rail that Craig was on about!

Thinkg Newfangled will hack up, tempted not to do big singles today though.  The Gold Cheongsam and Irish History e/w are tempting me as well.

Guest Roger Kint

Did you see Richard Hughes try it yesterday before giving up? He must have went an extra furlong over that bend  :lol:

Putting on a fair bit on >2 goals in Universidad Chile v Boca tonight.

Watched the second half, had money on Uni myself, and they should've score that on their own, just in that second half alone. Hit the bar twice and spurned countless other opportunities.

Ooft bad one, will chalk that one down to sheer bad luck.

Similar to yesterday, 3 yankees:

50p e/w:

Newfangled @ 9/4

Gatewood @ 10/3

Estimate @ 7/2

Global Village @ 9/1

Stupid 25p e/w for up to £10k:

The Gold Cheongsam @ 9/1

Irish History @ 16/1

Danadana @ 8/1

Decent Fella @ 18/1

50p straight:

Astrology @ 11/10

Homecoming Queen @ 11/4

Mijhaar @ 4/1

Yazdi @ 9/2

Not sure on the singles yet.  Astrology is a bit short and no value in the race e/w as it only pays 2 places.  The 3.45 is ridiculous.  The 3 year old fillies have all took turns beating each other and the form is a right mess.  Looks a minefield and might leave it well alone.

:lol: might be your lucky day, pretty convinced I used all my luck up yesterday!

Might do a straight f/c with Astrology and Thomas Chippendale, shame it only pays 2 places so can't go e/w.  Shantaram doesn't have much to find with Astrology using Main Sequence as a yardstick.  But he really struggled to win an average looking maiden at like 1/10 in the soft the other week.  I know the Cecil yard are sweet on TC and it p*ssed in on soft a couple of weeks back. 

After that, Noble Mission hasn't impressed me that much, not even 100% sure he'll stay, 4/1 seems stingey, although probably does like a bit of cut in the ground.  Thought Worthy beat him at Newmarket (albeit with 5lbs in hand) and then was about 6 lengths behind Astrology in the Derby, was easliy beaten when trying to go alongside him as well.

Everything points to another AOB win I reckon, just want something to stick in the forecast, as 11/10 is too short.

Agree with what has been said on here, the ground is spoiling a good days racing, can see a few big priced winners. Hard enough predicting the outcome of races when the ground is ideal let alone an absolute slog fest.

2.30 Agent Allison/Tassel 2 quid rev f/c

3.05 Noble Mission/Thought Worthy 2 quid rev f/c

3.45 Homecoming Queen/Samitar 2 quid rev f/c

4.25 Gatewood/Danadana 2 quid rev f/c

50p e/w lucky 15

Kosika

Thomas Chippendale

Irish History

French Navy

Guest BenArfaKedavra

Newfangled @ SP

Paddy Partridge @ 13/8

Tricky Madam @ 14/1

Adeste @ 7/4

Lucky 15, 15 bets * £0.50  EW

Not a clue about horses but mays well have a crack.

Bets365's best offer is back -

£50 Free In-Play Bet on England v Italy

After finishing top of Group D, England now take on Italy in the quarter-finals of Euro 2012 on Sunday 24th June - and we’ve got a fantastic free bet offer to add to the excitement.

Place a pre-match bet on the England v Italy game and we will give you a free In-Play bet to the same stake on the big match.

To qualify for your free In-Play bet, simply place a bet before kick-off, then once the game starts place another bet on any In-Play market. If your FIRST In-Play bet loses we will refund this stake, up to the same value as your largest pre-match bet (max £50).

As always, there'll be plenty to choose from with over 70 In-Play markets available throughout the game including Next Goal, Match Goals, Total Corners, Half-Time Result, Full-Time Result and much more.

Don't forget about our Euro 2012 Bore Draw Money Back offer, simply place any pre-match First Goalscorer, Last Goalscorer, Anytime Goalscorer, Half-Time/Full-Time, Correct Score or Scorecast bet on ANY Euro 2012 match and if the game finishes 0-0 we will refund all losing bets on these markets!

You can keep up to date with all the latest odds, news and promotions throughout the tournament by following @bet365 on Twitter. With fantastic offers and an extensive range of pre-match and In-Play markets, bet365 is the number one place for all your Soccer betting.

Enjoy the action!

The bet365 Team

Managed to Back England to qualify for £50 @ evens at Stanjames,and backed Italy to qualify for £50 @ 1.95 at Bet365 to risk only £2.50.

If Carroll starts I think him to score anytime @ 5.5 looks good to use the free £50, as the Italians would struggle to deal with him imo.

Guest Roger Kint

Newfangled/Thought Worthy/Laugh Out Loud/Gatewood

Lucky 15 with the above Donkeys and Yazdi/Tariq Too (Singles & Double), in the last couple of races.

Me, you and Nath are either going to clean up today or fail miserably(like the first three days) :lol: