Moussa 'not ex-Liverpool player Mohammed' Sissoko

Stu

Moussa Sissoko has opened transfer talks with both Liverpool and Newcastle United, according to the France midfielder's agent.

The Toulouse star has been linked with a host of clubs in recent weeks, including Arsenal, Manchester City and Chelsea.

http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/dn/2011/06/25/800599802_14023118-596x362-1309039641218_304x185_inline.jpg

Moussa Sissoko could become a Liverpool player (AFP/Getty Images)

But it appears a number of frontrunners have now emerged in the race to sign the 21-year-old, who is valued at more than £13 million by his club.

Agent Bacary Sanogo told Goal.com: 'The link with Lyon is serious, but it is not the only one.

'There are also negotiations with Liverpool, Newcastle and Inter. Things should seriously move next week.'

Liverpool have already added Jordan Henderson to their squad this summer and are rumoured to be close to completing deals for Stewart Downing of Aston Villa and Blackpool's Charlie Adam, so any move for another midfielder may only be a back-up plan.

Negotiations for Sissoko may also be a precautionary position for Newcastle, as Magpies boss Alan Pardew is known to be keen to make St Etienne midfielder Blaise Matuidi the next addition to the large French-speaking contingent at St James' Park.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/867485-moussa-sissoko-in-transfer-talks-with-liverpool-and-newcastle#ixzz1QSsy4giK

Brilliant player on FM a couple of years. Isn't the same guy who used to play for Liverpool (and then went to Juve), from the little I know about him, he's a ball-winning midfielder who gets about the pitch (not too dissimilar to Tiote but taller and better in the air.

Would be very pleased with him in the squad.

Bit of a Patrick Vieira about him from what I have seen of him, would be a magnificent signing.

Think he'll get better offers though if we are actually interested, which I tend to doubt.

Bit of a Patrick Vieira about him from what I have seen of him, would be a magnificent signing.

Think he'll get better offers though if we are actually interested, which I tend to doubt.

Hmm...

We're blatently going to be strung along for a few days before he signs for a club participating in the Champions League.

:sadnod:

You chaps are gluttons for punishment.

It's likely we've made an enquiry and either been scared off by the asking price or the competition for his signature.

If he comes here, I'll eat my jizz. Gladly.

And give Rich a tenner.

The fact that his agent is naming our club as having an interest means it isn't happening as far as I'm concerned. If it was serious he would have kept his trap shut.

:pow: :)

Ben Arfa quotes I assume?

Signing a player on loan with an option to buy isn't really the same as spending 13m on one, tbf.

True, but the feeling at the time was that he was a much-hyped (former) wonderkid who wouldn't come here in a month of Sundays given our league position, recent shenanigans and lack of European competition yet, somehow, he ended up in the toon.

The suspicion was that we were either being led up the garden path by the club or the agent was using us to flush out interest from a 'bigger' club.

Signing a player on loan with an option to buy isn't really the same as spending 13m on one, tbf.

tell me more.

Ste's post.

can't see any ben arfa quotes.

tell me more.

Ste's post.

can't see any ben arfa quotes.

Quotes from the ben arfa thread.

As with Matuidi, I'm baffled at the continued interest in signing another defensive midfielder.

Surely the reported £13m could be better spent on a right winger or a centre forward? Or a right back?

As with Matuidi, I'm baffled at the continued interest in signing another defensive midfielder.

Surely the reported £13m could be better spent on a right winger or a centre forward? Or a right back?

he's not a defensive midfielder but a very solid one and having him (or matuidi) in the middle with tiote would be a fantastic base for the more attacking players, also we'd have one to rely on if the other is out injured/suspended.

I really don't think so, we've allready strengthened the attack. Right back is okay for were we are going to be next season. Improving the capacity of our midfield with another one who can run their socks off is good, especially if they got ability aswell.

Hmmmmm would be nice but I think its more his agent trying to say he has many options to try and get him the best deal.

Won't be coming here.

I don't know why he'd mention us then. I could understand if he was using our name to try and get the bigger clubs interested, but when he's already said he's had interest from Inter & Liverpool anyway, why throw in our name as well if we haven't expressed an interest?

Seems a similar sort of player to Matuidi, same mould, same price bracket, etc. so could see us being interested in Sissoko if we're looking at Matuidi too which seems the case.

Hmmmmm would be nice but I think its more his agent trying to say he has many options to try and get him the best deal.

Won't be coming here.

I don't know why he'd mention us then. I could understand if he was using our name to try and get the bigger clubs interested, but when he's already said he's had interest from Inter & Liverpool anyway, why throw in our name as well if we haven't expressed an interest?

Seems a similar sort of player to Matuidi, same mould, same price bracket, etc. so could see us being interested in Sissoko if we're looking at Matuidi too which seems the case.

sissoko is,from my limited viewings, the better player but if we couldn't get him then i wouln't be crying if we got matuidi.

Agree with this, yes it would be nice to have more depth but we have more pressing concerns in the squad right now.

Won't be coming here.

sissoko is,from my limited viewings, the better player but if we couldn't get him then i wouln't be crying if we got matuidi.

Matuidi on the left of a mid 3 with Tiote and Cabaye would have a certain balance to it.

Yeah I know that but I think it would make a lot more sense to look at the more pressing issues first before we go entering talks with more central midfielders.

In any case I don't think we could fit him, Cabaye and Tiote in the team and there's no way any of those would accept being anything other than first choice. Don't get me wrong it would be fucking class to have him here to play when Tiote is suspended/injured (if they discover an earthly force that can actually harm him) and at the ACN but I doubt Sissoko would go for it.