Pardew on Total Sport tonight

Big Geordie

Well the players who have come in seem to think that the club has ambition, and that's significant.

I don't know how much of the £35m will go towards transfer fees and how much will go on running costs, or what's really viable. It seems that we've made £10m + bids on certain players, but have lost out to clubs who are already in Europe.

But none the less, the running costs issue is very important, because if you get into a situation where you're not balancing the books and the team has already peaked, you're at the risk of meltdown, unless you've got a sugardaddy.

Well the players who have come in seem to think that the club has ambition, and that's significant.

I don't know how much of the £35m will go towards transfer fees and how much will go on running costs, or what's really viable. It seems that we've made £10m + bids on certain players, but have lost out to clubs who are already in Europe.

But none the less, the running costs issue is very important, because if you get into a situation where you're not balancing the books and the team has already peaked, you're at the risk of meltdown, unless you've got a sugardaddy.

I don't believe we need to sell players to balance the books.

If we do then they're f**king useless at running this football club.

We'd all like to have an owner who was happy to keep stuffing money in for the love of the club.

But we haven't. 

What we have is an owner who's made lots of consecutive bad decisions that have cost him money and us good football.

Now what i'm worried about is that his decisions will still cost us good football. If he can make money back, good for him, but as a fan, it's my entertainment i'm interested in.

I don't think we're running at a loss anymore so i think having the club punch it's weight for a season or 2 would be appreciated given how he's f***ed up so royally from the day he arrived.

He f*cked up royally with Keegan, Wise, Kinnear leading on to relgation etc etc and that cost him money. He did at least then have the sense to fund a very expensive squad in the Championship (I know some put that down to luck) so that we got back up.

The key thing really is, as I said on another thread, what level of exposure is he prepared to accept on his investment in the club? I freely admit I haven't got a clue if he wants to reduce his loan from cash surpluses in the club or if he is ok with things as they are. I have to say I can't see anything to suggest he is prepared to increase that exposure.

We'd all like to have an owner who was happy to keep stuffing money in for the love of the club.

But we haven't. 

What we have is an owner who's made lots of consecutive bad decisions that have cost him money and us good football.

Now what i'm worried about is that his decisions will still cost us good football. If he can make money back, good for him, but as a fan, it's my entertainment i'm interested in.

I don't think we're running at a loss anymore so i think having the club punch it's weight for a season or 2 would be appreciated given how he's f***ed up so royally from the day he arrived.

He f*cked up royally with Keegan, Wise, Kinnear leading on to relgation etc etc and that cost him money. He did at least then have the sense to fund a very expensive squad in the Championship (I know some put that down to luck) so that we got back up.

The key thing really is, as I said on another thread, what level of exposure is he prepared to accept on his investment in the club? I freely admit I haven't got a clue if he wants to reduce his loan from cash surpluses in the club or if he is ok with things as they are. I have to say I can't see anything to suggest he is prepared to increase that exposure.

I love it when you use dirty words :)

I need to wait until August the 31st to get a clear picture about what Ashley's real intentions are.

I have no problem with him making a net profit every year as it is logical that he wants to get his money back that he paid to clear the debts. I also like the wage ceiling, as long as it is heightened in parallel with our success and therefore higher income.

My only concern is that we do not get better every year, this seems difficult if we are to follow a strategy which involves selling your best players every summer and replacing them with "potential" stars... Some of these stars will fail and will drag the level down...

**Lastly, for this window I will feel satisfied if he gets a 7-10M striker and replaces any other players who leave with "like for like".**

Anyone hear pards on 5Live? he was interviewed whilst at the F1

What did he say?

"I fucking love minge like, how do you get closer to those birds that stand with the brollies?"