Pardew on Total Sport tonight

Big Geordie

For those that listened, did any of the transfer talk sound like anything is imminent?

Not particularly. At one point he mentioned the positives of waiting to buy players until after the start of the season, waiting to see who isn't getting a game and may become available...

I'd sooner them before that but he has a point. Still can't believe someone like Arsenal didn't try taking advantage of the Shay Given situation.

For those that listened, did any of the transfer talk sound like anything is imminent?

Not particularly. At one point he mentioned the positives of waiting to buy players until after the start of the season, waiting to see who isn't getting a game and may become available...

I'd sooner them before that but he has a point. Still can't believe someone like Arsenal didn't try taking advantage of the Shay Given situation.

He does, but it should be used for final opportunistic signings rather than to form the basis of our transfer activity for any particular position. Otherwise we risk not getting anyone.

He'll say the right things but he's completely unbelievable now. He clearly doesn't know as much about transfers/the club as he claims.

Agree with myself. Kept his cards very close to his chest as expected, but that's probably because he knows very little about the important issues we want to know about.

He'll say the right things but he's completely unbelievable now. He clearly doesn't know as much about transfers/the club as he claims.

Agree with myself. Kept his cards very close to his chest as expected, but that's probably because he knows very little about the important issues we want to know about.

Well you were right, but the reason behind it is still pure assumption.

He does, but it should be used for final opportunistic signings rather than to form the basis of our transfer activity for any particular position. Otherwise we risk not getting anyone.

Definitely. Hopefully it's more a case of him having his main targets (the two attackers) by then and if others become available who he didn't think he could sign but perhaps would want, then go that way.

This guy is almost as bad as Kinnear. Jeez man, last season he was waffling on about bloody Nolan being in the England team. Which was a farcical statement for a start. Tonight he says Nolan wouldn't be playing regular first team football next season for us.

He didn't say that.  He said in 4 or 5 years

Guest hobshobs

This guy is almost as bad as Kinnear. Jeez man, last season he was waffling on about bloody Nolan being in the England team. Which was a farcical statement for a start. Tonight he says Nolan wouldn't be playing regular first team football next season for us.

He didn't say that.  He said in 4 or 5 years

wouldn’t have been as strong a leader as he was last year, had he not been happy with his current contract and not been playing regular first team football according to NUFC.com. Exact quote being right or wrong is immaterial. Nolan for England is utter nonsense.

I think there are enough reasons to believe he's in the dark about some important things. One caller accusing him of "management speak" or something in relation to the Carroll money© was a fairly astute comment.

He didn't say that.  He said in 4 or 5 years

wouldn’t have been as strong a leader as he was last year, had he not been happy with his current contract and not been playing regular first team football according to NUFC.com. Exact quote being right or wrong is immaterial. Nolan for England is utter nonsense.

Manager in bigging up his player while here and saying we won't miss him as much because he wouldn't have been guaranteed a game shocker.

I think there are enough reasons to believe he's in the dark about some important things. One caller accusing him of "management speak" or something in relation to the Carroll money© was a fairly astute comment.

Yeah, but there are all sorts of reasons why a manager can't reveal what is happening behind the scenes, and has to fudge it. Either things are still being worked out, we don't want to reveal our dealings, or maybe nobody knows at this stage.

It doesn't mean he knows less than any other manager.

I thought he said one later, but hoped to have one in before the USA tour?

Its so obvious that Taylor is the contingency for Jose.  I know we don't want to believe it but deep know you know it is true.

and what makes you believe this aside from your own personal negativity towards the current regime?

This it the key bit for me, which nufc.com have posted;

"Our own personal take on that is that there should be plenty of season ticket money, TV revenue, sponsorship income etc. to meet those running costs and we refer back to Pardew's words on the day after Carroll's departure, which seemed crystal clear to us:

"The one thing I said to Mike yesterday was: 'Look, if this boy is going to go, this money has to be reinvested in the team, all of it, and he has assured me of that. For the Newcastle fan, that is the most important message I can give today, that all that money will be used.'"

Tells you all you need to know.

Its so obvious that Taylor is the contingency for Jose.  I know we don't want to believe it but deep know you know it is true.

It was fairly obvious from what he said that the contingency plan will only kick in if Jose goes. That doen't sound like our persuit of Taylor in the slightest.

"Our own personal take on that is that there should be plenty of season ticket money, TV revenue, sponsorship income etc. to meet those running costs and we refer back to Pardew's words on the day after Carroll's departure, which seemed crystal clear to us:

"The one thing I said to Mike yesterday was: 'Look, if this boy is going to go, this money has to be reinvested in the team, all of it, and he has assured me of that. For the Newcastle fan, that is the most important message I can give today, that all that money will be used.'"

And what's that then?

Pardew said he will be chasing down Charnley to write down exactly where the cash is going. That doesn't sound like a bloke resigned to letting  the money disappear up Mikes jacksie.

And what's that then?

Pardew said he will be chasing down Charnley to write down exactly where the cash is going. That doesn't sound like a bloke resigned to letting  the money disappear up Mikes jacksie.

Actually it sounds like a bloke saying whatever he needs to, to convince the fans

What did he sound like he was in the dark about?

Sounds to me like hes fairly aware of whats going on & fine with it

It's more things he has said in the past and been completely proven wrong about. "I promise Carroll wont leave", "All the money will be reinvested back into the team" etc. If Nolan's "comments" are true about how unhappy he was with Pardew not fighting for him then that's worrying too, as he's said in the past he wanted to keep him.

Guest Mantis

And what's that then?

Actually it sounds like a bloke saying whatever he needs to, to convince the fans

Exactly.  How anybody still believes him is beyond me. 

And what's that then?

Exactly.  How anybody still believes him is beyond me. 

Yep - he is a proven liar and he has dished out plenty of ambiguous statements. A mouthpiece and a yes man for Ashley/Lambias

Guest Geordiesned

Completely agree. There seems to be a fixation on this £35 million without thinking about the other revenue. We SHOULD be able to spend the full £35 million on transfer fees with the TV revenue/season ticket money/etc covering wages and tarted up training facilities.