The Strawberry Corner

Crumpy Gunt

Guest ToonUltra

We had a corner where everyone stood and sung a dedicated corner. Simple. Those who didnt want to stand or sing all game knew what that corner was about so they could stay away. Im not calling anyone selfish for having their own views. That corner was created by Llambias for that reason now it has been taken away by that very same wenker.

You werent allowed to stand then but you all did in spite of the rules and the failure to prevent that is no doubt a major reason for moving you all to a more policable area

So what do you do when celebrating a goal. Sit and clap?

It was noted by Llambias himself 'the signing section'. Agreed, no standing permitted but how could they throw 1500-2000 out? And, how come for the 2-3 years it was open, i never lost my season ticket or threatened to have it revoked? Why no letters, why no leaflets on seats? It's their own fault this has happened, but fans are being punished.

And if you didnt stop reading it at that point, you may have understood my argument a little better.

We had a corner where everyone stood and sung a dedicated corner. Simple. Those who didnt want to stand or sing all game knew what that corner was about so they could stay away. Im not calling anyone selfish for having their own views. That corner was created by Llambias for that reason now it has been taken away by that very same wenker.

Stopped reading at that. You werent allowed to stand then but you all did in spite of the rules and the failure to prevent that is no doubt a major reason for moving you all to a more policable area. It was NEVER created for people to stand, a very simple fact you dont seem to understand.

Exactly, it was a SINGING Section not a  STANDING Section.

You werent allowed to stand then but you all did in spite of the rules and the failure to prevent that is no doubt a major reason for moving you all to a more policable area

It was noted by Llambias himself 'the signing section'. Agreed, no standing permitted but how could they throw 1500-2000 out? And, how come for the 2-3 years it was open, i never lost my season ticket or threatened to have it revoked? Why no letters, why no leaflets on seats? It's their own fault this has happened, but fans are being punished.

And if you didnt stop reading it at that point, you may have understood my argument a little better.

It is PERSISTENTLY Standing throughout the game that isn't allowed, not standing when a goal is scored or something else exciting happens on the pitch.

Guest ToonUltra

Did you read my last post?

Guest ToonUltra

It is PERSISTENTLY Standing throughout the game that isn't allowed, not standing when a goal is scored or something else exciting happens on the pitch.

so what difference does that make? The elderly who cant stand up miss all of the exciting bits of the match and all of the goals cause the people in front stand up? Isn't that the same thing?

Guest Roger Kint

Why would i read further when you embarrassed yourself with 'So what do you do when celebrating a goal. Sit and clap?' You clearly have no clue what is being said at all.

Edit: See your post above for more evidence that you are over your head in trying to explain this

Guest ToonUltra

Why would i read further when you embarrassed yourself with 'So what do you do when celebrating a goal. Sit and clap?' You clearly have no clue what is being said at all.

you've just embarrased yourself as i was referring to the post previous to that where you stated, i stopped reading at that point. Not the post you are now referring to.

Guest Roger Kint

I have read most of the crap you are coming out with save the rest of that post. You still dont get the blatently obvious so why would i feel embarrassed for you?  :undecided:

Edit i never said that quote was part of the same post, it clearly wasnt but showed just why i was right in dismissing your previous nonsense.

we werent allowed to stand, but the stewards didnt enforce it...in fact, a lad who sat/stood about 2 rows in front of me took his lass to a game....steward walked past her and actually told her to stand as everyone else was, she stood, and then sat down again when he passed....then on his way back down told her to stand again.  Bit wrong but no one complained.

Even the stewards in the SE corner dont seem arsed, my first game in my new seat (arsenal) .... I went the wrong way after half time, asked the steward the quickest way to get back to my seat and he said 'just stand there' whilst pointing to the back of the stairs where there was about 15 people standing.

Of course it's right that people respect others around them and sit down if standing is causing any problems, just seems a bit wrong they're kicking up a fuss when their own employees aren't even enforcing their rules.

Guest ToonUltra

I have read most of the crap you are coming out with save the rest of that post. You still dont get the blatently obvious so why would i feel embarrassed for you?  :undecided:

Edit i never said that quote was part of the same post, it clearly wasnt but showed just why i was right in dismissing your previous nonsense.

:fight:

Guest Roger Kint

It's an opinion, not crap. You have yours I have mine.

I didnt think that was a problem.

Actually you are wrong again. Not being allowed to stand is not my opinion at all. IT IS A FACT which you are massively struggling to work out.

ToonUltra you do have your view but let's put it another way. Let's say you are sitting on a full bus and an old lady gets on. Do you...

A) stay seated cos you like to sit leaving the frail old lady to stand uncomfortably

Or

B) give up ya seat to her because even though you don't like to its being a bit more respectful to others?

10 years ago most would probably choose b but reading comments in this thread it seems these days its the opposite way round.

Guest ToonUltra

ToonUltra you do have your view but let's put it another way. Let's say you are sitting on a full bus and an old lady gets on. Do you...

A) stay seated cos you like to sit leaving the frail old lady to stand uncomfortably

Or

B) give up ya seat to her because even though you don't like to its being a bit more respectful to others?

10 years ago most would probably choose b but reading comments in this thread it seems these days its the opposite way round.

This has no bearing on what we are talking about.

The leazes corner did not get closed due to persistent standing. The club done this to expand the family section and the away section. That was the excuse they give.

As far as your argument goes Hoppaz, it is way off the mark in terms of what we are talking about with regards to standing in a football match however, i do not lack respect for anyone apart from a guessable few. If a person asked me to sit from within the ground, i.e. if i was preventing them rom seeing the game then i would sit, no problem. However, im not getting any complaints nor am i getting nagged by the club. In this case, i stand. If i sat however i wouldnt see the game myself. The difference is, i dont go whinging on about it. If people want stuff doing about it, take seat numbers and report it via letter to the club...i dont think arguing on a messageboard with myself is really going to prevent 500 people from standing.

So that clearly lacks the message to supporters that those of you in L7 done this to yourselves. In that case they aren't doing enough then right?

Toon Ultras finished a few years ago, dunno why the f*** they're mentioned in that article and comments  ???  :facepalm:

So f***ing glad I didn't renew. Football is becoming a chore, our club has alienated thousands of it's own fans through these actions. What a shame, the Leazes Corner was seemingly the peak of my matchday enjoyment, so f***ing gutted we won't see anything like that at SJP again, atleast not for a very, very long time.  :no:

I'm still glad I renewed, but I agree with this completely.

What I find amazing is that stewards can sit on the stairs blocking the exits but you can't even stretch you leg out there. Another thing, the people who complain about those standing and singing because they 'can't see the game' tend to be the same fuckers who get there 5minutes late, leaves 5minutes early for coffee at half time, and leave 10minutes before the final whistle. Not only that, but when they do so, a whole row has to stand and block the peoples view behind. There's a whole load of contradiction that goes on with this rule. It's a fucking disgrace.

At the Fulham game, I was stood to begin with as people in front and behind were. I got told from behind ten minutes in "Sit the fuck down man" is that any respect to have for a fellow fan - I think not. If I knew who it was he rightly would have got verbal abuse. All it would have took was "Can you sit down please mate?" But no I was subject to twattery immediately.

There's a complete and utter lack of respect for those who have came from Level 7 and are behaving themselves - so fuck off with your patronising bullshit about how we should respect others. I will be respectful, and have been so far, but the more I get treat like shit by those around me, the more I'll give it back - simple.

Guest ToonUltra

Toon Ultras finished a few years ago, dunno why the f*** they're mentioned in that article and comments  ???  :facepalm:

So f***ing glad I didn't renew. Football is becoming a chore, our club has alienated thousands of it's own fans through these actions. What a shame, the Leazes Corner was seemingly the peak of my matchday enjoyment, so f***ing gutted we won't see anything like that at SJP again, atleast not for a very, very long time.  :no:

I'm still glad I renewed, but I agree with this completely.

What I find amazing is that stewards can sit on the stairs blocking the exits but you can't even stretch you leg out there. Another thing, the people who complain about those standing and singing because they 'can't see the game' tend to be the same fuckers who get there 5minutes late, leaves 5minutes early for coffee at half time, and leave 10minutes before the final whistle. Not only that, but when they do so, a whole row has to stand and block the peoples view behind. There's a whole load of contradiction that goes on with this rule. It's a f***ing disgrace.

At the Fulham game, I was stood to begin with as people in front and behind were. I got told from behind ten minutes in "Sit the f*** down man" is that any respect to have for a fellow fan - I think not. If I knew who it was he rightly would have got verbal abuse. All it would have took was "Can you sit down please mate?" But no I was subject to twattery immediately.

There's a complete and utter lack of respect for those who have came from Level 7 and are behaving themselves - so f*** off with your patronising bullshit about how we should respect others. I will be respectful, and have been so far, but the more I get treat like s*** by those around me, the more I'll give it back - simple.

Spot on mate. I couldn't agree more.

FWIW - No I don't agree with Old women getting abuse either, as I'm sure 99% of those from Level 7 would agree. What's to say these people who abused the woman were  the ones that were moved from Level 7 anyway? Assumptions made by fellow fans and the media alike. Thanks for showing respect the other way - thanks a lot.

Guest ToonUltra

FOFTEC - If that 'old lady' in question has been a season ticket holder for years, surely she would have been sitting there prior to the expansion of SJP. Meaning that she sat/stood in the old 'leazes corner' when the 'ultra's' were there orginally?

Did she moan then? Or do we only have to respect elderly people now...as opposed to fellow fans across the board. Including people who want to stand.

Has the question been asked, what if these people cant sit for long due to a disability? Are people going to jump to conclusions that they are an arsehole from L7 and hurl abuse at them? Probably.