L'Equipe: Modibo Maiga fails medical; transfer 'abandoned'

Pleased that we could be bringing someone in, but the guy seems to have a poor attitude, judging on this episode.

Like Ben Arfa? Nah, he just loves the Toon.

He hasn't even been here long enough for us to see who the real Ben Arfa is.

I hope the "he loves the toon" comment is not a serious one.

Pleased that we could be bringing someone in, but the guy seems to have a poor attitude, judging on this episode.

I don't think its that, the French league is decent and Sochaux are a good side, but they don't have the fans to fill a stadium that is much smaller than ours. When a player such as Maiga is offered the chance to sign for a club that is the size of ours in England with passionate fans and a large stadium its no surprise that they try to force a move.

Guest palnese

Like Ben Arfa? Nah, he just loves the Toon.

He hasn't even been here long enough for us to see who the real Ben Arfa is.

I hope the "he loves the toon" comment is not a serious one.

:troll:

I don't think its that, the French league is decent and Sochaux are a good side, but they don't have the fans to fill a stadium that is much smaller than ours. When a player such as Maiga is offered the chance to sign for a club that is the size of ours in England with passionate fans and a large stadium its no surprise that they try to force a move.

I don't like it, but this is the business of football today and this is just how most players are. I've no doubt we've talked to him and turned his head, it's ugly but we're playing the game just like everybody else.

Fair enough but going on strike isn't great. Imagine if it was one of our players.

So a year down the line, if someone like Chelsea come in for him, and he tries to force a move, you would understand?

I don't like it, but this is the business of football today and this is just how most players are. I've no doubt we've talked to him and turned his head, it's ugly but we're playing the game just like everybody else.

Fair point.

Fair enough but going on strike isn't great. Imagine if it was one of our players.

Nolan used to do it mid-game.

Precisely, its the way business is done these days, unfortunately.

So a year down the line, if someone like Chelsea come in for him, and he tries to force a move, you would understand?

I'd understand it but I wouldn't be happy, just like I'm sure Sochaux fans aren't happy, we've experienced something similar with Enrique imo. Obviously he didn't go on strike but he was after that move to Liverpool for a good few months.

KHeneage Kristan Heneage 

#NUFC target Modibo Maiga named in the Sochaux squad for today's game but not the 18.

KHeneage Kristan Heneage

Sochaux claiming Maiga has a 'knee injury'. Awful timing if true.

Guest michaelfoster

didn't Given have a injury before he signed for Man City

Carroll was injured for about 4 months before he joined liverpool