Football agents - are footballers incapable of running their own lives?

ED209

I'd pay somebody to sort me out with new bed sheets and underwear every day, without question.

me too. and wash up, do laundry, hoover...ect.

I'd also pay someone to spot me whilst I partook in autoerotic asphyxiation.

:thup: Safety First.

This lad has got his head screwed on.

I'd pay somebody to sort me out with new bed sheets and underwear every day, without question.

me too. and wash up, do laundry, hoover...ect.

I'd also pay someone to spot me whilst I partook in autoerotic asphyxiation.

:thup: Safety First.

This lad has got his head screwed on.

That lad's got his head in a noose.

Well, there's a reason that people are impressed when footballers show off their 5 GCEs or whatever elementary school qualifications they can muster.

How many footballers in the premier league don't have agents, I wonder. James Milner, who else?

Guest dazzanufc1892

That agent may get you 20% more in wages in the first place though.

Like i said, i'd know roughly where i fitted in and what my value was. You're always going to ask for more than your're worth anyway, again that goes for any line of work. As a player you'll know how much the club rate you, and crucially how much they need you, so why pay somebody to negotiate for you?

If the agent is capable of getting an extra 20% it's because the club, for whatever reason, are willing to pay it. So yeah, i'd just aim high and haggle.

But like somebody else has said, most footballer are f***ing retards.

Quoted for the truth.

what a load of nonsense. Footballers are far from retards, however, their skill is football, not contract negotiation. You wouldn't go in and negotiate a legal argument in front of a master would you, no, because you are not skilled in that area. Players do what they are good at, playing football, and leave their legal proceedings to the people they trust, which is the same in any walk of life

Well, there's a reason that people are impressed when footballers show off their 5 GCEs or whatever elementary school qualifications they can muster.

How many footballers in the premier league don't have agents, I wonder. James Milner, who else?

pretty sure Scholes didn't, also sure Given doesn't use an agent as such but just his solicitor when it comes to contracts etc

Sir Alex Ferguson believes to get the best out of a footballer they must be totally focused on football and have a settled family life. He and Man Utd help keep their players focused by providing them with everything they need. If the washer breaks down, the player rings a number and the club deals with it. If they need to hire a babysitter, they ring a number and the club deals with it. True story.

do they ring the number as well when they in need of condom?  :lol: