Why was our match with Chelsea rescheduled?

Guest SeattleToon

Guest SeattleToon

Newcastle and Chelsea are the only two clubs not playing this weekend. Why was the match moved from this weekend to Wednesday December 13th? Seems weird that a weekend match would be rescheduled to a weekday.

The only thing I can think of is that we want to play on Sunday since we have a UEFA Cup match on Thursday but that Chelsea wants to play on Saturday because they have a Champions League match next Tuesday, and since the clubs couldn't agree on whether to play Saturday or Sunday, the match was moved.

The only thing I can think of is that we want to play on Sunday since we have a UEFA Cup match on Thursday but that Chelsea wants to play on Saturday because they have a Champions League match next Tuesday, and since the clubs couldn't agree on whether to play Saturday or Sunday, the match was moved.

:thup:

Chelsea are away at Bolton this weekend.

Actually they aren't that is on Wednesday. We arent playing then due to UEFA I assume. Getting mixed up with the Gameweek 15 matches on Fantasy Football, didn't think they'd have league games midweek.

Chelsea are away at Bolton this weekend.

Actually they aren't that is on Wednesday. We arent playing then due to UEFA I assume. Getting mixed up with the Gameweek 15 matches on Fantasy Football, didn't think they'd have league games midweek.

Arguing with yourself, first signs of insanity  :lol:

Basically, there was a full programme scheduled for this midweek, but the teams who were in the UEFA Cup were given games next midweek instead.  So Blackburn and Spurs play Tuesday, us and West Ham play Wednesday.

That means that everyone is playing two more games than us this week, which could mentally put us back on the back foot.

Sheffield United have 2 six pointers, away to Watford and then home to Charlton.

But we play next wedensday at home to Reading when most teams don't play.