Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Mike Ashley death threat?! Another manufactured lie by the club.

Death threat or not that is not important. What's important is that something led Mike Ashley to put the club up for sale, publicly. Those who like conspiracy theories might say this was just a publicity from the club stunt to make the Geordie fans look fickle, and really backfire the "Cockney Mafia Out" campaign. Whatever has been gained from that has certainly been able to manifest itself.

Llambias: “Mike (Ashley) was selling to the Arabs and they ­wanted Kevin Keegan."

From Tony Jimenez's bio: His strong relationships within the UAE - built up over the past 22 years - have been responsible for a number of leading Arab investors making significant investments in Europe. As Vice Chairman of Newcastle United Football Club, Tony was instrumental in negotiations to sell the club to the Dubai government. While the deal was not finalised due to the club owner changing his mind, Tony was nonetheless indispensable when it came to introducing potential buyers and leading negotiations.

The club was for sale while Ashley was still getting his tits out in the stands with the away fans and going on pub crawls around Newcastle.

Guest thenorthumbrian

Makes you wonder if there is anything the football authorities (as toothless as they are) can do with regards to what Ashley is doing, because it's hardly 'sport' - it's not even entertainment, FFS. :(

That's what really gets me. A football team and its owner should in principle have the same incentives as the fans. Those should be basic fundamentals but have somehow gotten skewed. How on earth can an owner get away with changing the name of a traditional club to 'Tigers' ffs or changing a team's colour from blue to red? Owners should be absolutely terrified of decisions like this. You have to wonder why it isn't in the best interest of Mike Ashley to provide entertaining football and/or strive for success.

The people who make these decisions have no real contact or connection with the fans of the clubs they own.

They are ruthless bastards who step on people to get where they are and seemed shocked when the supporters don't grovel to them the way their employees probably have to.

It should actually be a profit of nearer 60 million if you add the extra 50 to the 10 million profit we made the year before, assuming all else being equal.

All in that fucking fat slug's bank account, along with the wonga and merchandising money. Never to be see again. Net profit on transfers in the summer, also, despite this 'Newcastle spend big on nine new players bollocks'; if you seriously think the amounts paid for Riviere and Cabella were £6.5m and £12m then you need your head looked at.

I suppose it fits in with the stuff about him looking to sell in 2016, which is when the 'loan' should be paid off at the current profit level.

That's what I'm thinking. £40million per season and he's paid back in 3 years. I can't see him leaving any profits to be taxed.

I suppose it fits in with the stuff about him looking to sell in 2016, which is when the 'loan' should be paid off at the current profit level.

That's what I'm thinking. £40million per season and he's paid back in 3 years. I can't see him leaving any profits to be taxed.

More profitable to have his profits taxed and hang around than just split with SKY handing out £100m cheques annually. Look at the state of SJP for one thing - it's like that for a reason. Also wonga, also SD taking all the merchandise. Don't think he's going anywhere.

Why even sell at all? If he can keep making a profit and he has successfully lowered expectations to the extent where people think we should be privileged just to be playing in the Premiership

As long as 50,000 turn up and barely kick up a fuss I can't see him selling up

Why even sell at all? If he can keep making a profit and he has successfully lowered expectations to the extent where people think we should be privileged just to be playing in the Premiership

He clearly wants out, he has since he looked at the accounts and realised he'd been screwed over by Hall & Shepherd, he was actively trying to sell the club just a few months after he bought it. But, his ego won't let him lose money on the deal. If/when the loan is paid off he'll be off as soon as he finds a buyer who'll offer him a bit more than he paid for the club.

He clearly wants out, he has since he looked at the accounts and realised he'd been screwed over by Hall & Shepherd, he was actively trying to sell the club just a few months after he bought it. But, his ego won't let him lose money on the deal. If/when the loan is paid off he'll be off as soon as he finds a buyer who'll offer him a bit more than he paid for the club.

I don't know what his intentions were at the start or whether they changed down the line BUT his love is clearly Sports Direct and money.

Currently the system he has in place means we make a healthy profit, the next TV deal is going to be even bigger than the current one, you think he will give up on that? No chance. As long as the natives don't kick up too huge a fuss he will just carry on

Guest Roger Kint

It should actually be a profit of nearer 60 million if you add the extra 50 to the 10 million profit we made the year before, assuming all else being equal.

All in that fucking fat slug's bank account, along with the wonga and merchandising money. Never to be see again. Net profit on transfers in the summer, also, despite this 'Newcastle spend big on nine new players bollocks'; if you seriously think the amounts paid for Riviere and Cabella were £6.5m and £12m then you need your head looked at.

None of that has anything to do with our next accounts though. As for the rest if he has took that money out then it will be shown against his loan, not that i think it will be.

https://www.northumbria-pcc.gov.uk/open-letter-mike-ashley-regarding-ched-evans/

Dear Mr Ashley,

I am writing to you following media speculation that Oldham Athletic Football Club has received reassurances from its biggest sponsor Sports Direct that they will not withdraw £1m sponsorship if Oldham sign Ched Evans, despite Oldham’s main stand sponsors Verlin Rainwater Solutions saying it will end its association with the club if Evans signs.

As the owner of a great football club Newcastle United, you know the pride that fans have in their club, the players and the heritage of the club. :yao: My office works closely with Newcastle United Foundation and has funded a number of initiatives working with young people to help them understand what is right and wrong. Your football players are an inspiration and we are well aware that players are role models for thousands of young people, like the ones we have met and talked to at events.  This pride will be the same for the young people who live in Oldham.

As you know, the passion of football is in Newcastle’s blood and I know passions also run high at Oldham Athletic; the team of my home town and one which I have watched many times, especially when I lived there as a young person.

Footballers are role models and it is wrong that Oldham Athletic are considering signing Ched Evans, who is a convicted rapist.

I have a strong commitment to rehabilitation of people who have accepted their guilt and served their penalty and giving work to these people is part of that. However, Ched Evans does not seek rehabilitation from his criminality. He denies the crime and supports the use of a website which persecutes his victim – www.chedevans.com

The Lord Chief Justice said there were no grounds whatsoever for an appeal and it is clear that Evans had sex without consent when no reasonable man would have thought she was consenting because she was too drunk to do so – https://www.crimeline.info/case/r-v-ched-evans-chedwyn-evans

There is no clash of evidence which could justify any attack on her character.  Nothing could justify the hounding which has caused her to move house five times (http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/28/ched-evans-rape-victim-change-name-move-house-father) and which Ched Evans has been called on to disown or stop but, having failed to do either, has condoned.

He should not be taken on as a footballer with the high profile heroism that young people attach to such figures. It is tantamount to saying that sexual abuse is okay as long as you can play football.  If Oldham Athletic decide to appoint him, I would urge you to withdraw Sports Direct sponsorship at the club.

Sports Direct needs to speak out now, before any board meeting. Your stance needs to be unequivocally clear – that there is no place in British football for unrepentant convicted rapists.

Taking the right decision today will show all victims of rape – whether female or male – that the trauma they face in reporting such a crime isn’t in vain.

Yours sincerely,

Vera Baird

Guest antz1uk

after that open letter, one of three options could possibly happen

A/ He signs him and makes him Oldham Captain

B/ He signs him for NUFC

C/ He makes him NUFC 'Head Coach

https://www.northumbria-pcc.gov.uk/open-letter-mike-ashley-regarding-ched-evans/

Dear Mr Ashley,

I am writing to you following media speculation that Oldham Athletic Football Club has received reassurances from its biggest sponsor Sports Direct that they will not withdraw £1m sponsorship if Oldham sign Ched Evans, despite Oldham’s main stand sponsors Verlin Rainwater Solutions saying it will end its association with the club if Evans signs.

As the owner of a great football club Newcastle United, you know the pride that fans have in their club, the players and the heritage of the club. :yao: My office works closely with Newcastle United Foundation and has funded a number of initiatives working with young people to help them understand what is right and wrong. Your football players are an inspiration and we are well aware that players are role models for thousands of young people, like the ones we have met and talked to at events.  This pride will be the same for the young people who live in Oldham.

As you know, the passion of football is in Newcastle’s blood and I know passions also run high at Oldham Athletic; the team of my home town and one which I have watched many times, especially when I lived there as a young person.

Footballers are role models and it is wrong that Oldham Athletic are considering signing Ched Evans, who is a convicted rapist.

I have a strong commitment to rehabilitation of people who have accepted their guilt and served their penalty and giving work to these people is part of that. However, Ched Evans does not seek rehabilitation from his criminality. He denies the crime and supports the use of a website which persecutes his victim – www.chedevans.com

The Lord Chief Justice said there were no grounds whatsoever for an appeal and it is clear that Evans had sex without consent when no reasonable man would have thought she was consenting because she was too drunk to do so – https://www.crimeline.info/case/r-v-ched-evans-chedwyn-evans

There is no clash of evidence which could justify any attack on her character.  Nothing could justify the hounding which has caused her to move house five times (http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/28/ched-evans-rape-victim-change-name-move-house-father) and which Ched Evans has been called on to disown or stop but, having failed to do either, has condoned.

He should not be taken on as a footballer with the high profile heroism that young people attach to such figures. It is tantamount to saying that sexual abuse is okay as long as you can play football.  If Oldham Athletic decide to appoint him, I would urge you to withdraw Sports Direct sponsorship at the club.

Sports Direct needs to speak out now, before any board meeting. Your stance needs to be unequivocally clear – that there is no place in British football for unrepentant convicted rapists.

Taking the right decision today will show all victims of rape – whether female or male – that the trauma they face in reporting such a crime isn’t in vain.

Yours sincerely,

Vera Baird

Will probably get the same response from the club as that MP did telling them not to bother Ashley.

Guest firetotheworks

Footballers are role models, so it's okay for us to live in an undemocratic society where there should be restricted trade on people who've served there criminal time because what they did sets the bad example, not the parents and society who can't be arsed to explain the intricacies of moral and legal guidelines.

Where's Atticus Finch when you need him, ffs?

Fucking busy bodies man. This is a bad example, that's a bad example. If they think that's a bad example, then teach the children that. Don't impose your own debatable morals on the legal system. Arse wipe.