Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Great goal from the lad tonight. A lot of precision in that shot! Was a nice celebration too :aww:

Wasn't very influential in the second half but that was down to the long ball tactics more than anything. Hopefully tonight is the start of an extended run in the side until the end of the season. He has to play because he can produce that one moment of magic that will benefit the team.

Well taken goal, did well in the 1st half BUT unfortunately hardly saw the ball in the 2nd

Hopefully Pardew will have seen enough to know he should be starting next week

Who is most likely to play Left Back for Norwich? They have had a few play this season haven't they?

FFS, Pardew is going on about his work rate. Funny shit.

Pardew, please play Hatem to his strength. He runs so much needlessly just to impress you and keep his spot.

He need to focus his energy offensively ffs.

Pardew is trying to fit a pair of monster truck wheels on a  Ferrari, madness  :huff:

Hatem's got that ability but his workrate today was spot on, and I couldn't have asked for more effort from him. We know he's got that quality that can undo any team.

I fucking hate Pardew man. :lol: His workrate ffs. Argh. Go buy Kuyt this summer, you moron. :lol:

Was gonna post something similar, it seems like nit-picking when he is praising him but that quote really tells you all you need to know about Pardew and why we'll only go so far with him.

Guest Spark

He's a professional athlete. I'm sure he's capable of running up and down a line between long intervals for 90 minutes.

Exactly. I love Ben Arfa but if he's playing on the wing then his work-rate is absolutely relevant. Very naive to say "he need to focus his energy offensively".

He's a professional athlete. I'm sure he's capable of running up and down a line between long intervals for 90 minutes.

Its hardly the point is it? If so we should by another winger in the mold of kuyt/Park. Who can work nonstop up and down for 90 min. Using HBA like that is a waste imo.

I might have got the wrong impression yesterday, but looked like Ben Arfa was running very ineffective around and tracking back. When he got back, they just ran around him.

He should have played in the Obertan role imo.

A manger should know how to play on the strength of his players don't you agree?

Hatem's got that ability but his workrate today was spot on, and I couldn't have asked for more effort from him. We know he's got that quality that can undo any team.

I f***ing hate Pardew man. :lol: His workrate ffs. Argh. Go buy Kuyt this summer, you moron. :lol:

Was gonna post something similar, it seems like nit-picking when he is praising him but that quote really tells you all you need to know about Pardew and why we'll only go so far with him.

He uses his interviews as a tool to instill discipline and confidence in his players. We know this. Very little of it is intended to provide insight to the fans.

I f***ing hate Pardew man. :lol: His workrate ffs. Argh. Go buy Kuyt this summer, you moron. :lol:

He uses his interviews as a tool to instill discipline and confidence in his players. We know this. Very little of it is intended to provide insight to the fans.

Yeah I know, I've just got a general sad on about Pardew at the minute and I can't shake it. I really want to, honestly.

A manger should know how to play on the strength of his players don't you agree?

How many goals does he have to score from the RW before folk shut the f*** up with this second striker bullshit? It was bad enough in Novemeber. :lol:

How many goals does he have to score from the RW before folk shut the f*** up with this second striker bullshit? It was bad enough in Novemeber. :lol:

Classic  :lol:

I am not saying he played bad as a RW ffs. I just say we can utilize him better in the position that Obertan played yesterday.

Our best period against Arsenal was played that way, but we had a no show in Obertan in that position. Its a waste. I just saying i rather have HBA in that role than Obertan.

But i am content to have HBA at RW, but i feel he wastes his energy at times.

No reason Hatem can't establish himself as one of the best wide players in England.

he can do it from either side so let him drift, ba can pull wide as can cisse, imagine trying to mark them. we need that extra centralish midfielder to go the left of tiote and cabaye.

No reason Hatem can't establish himself as one of the best wide players in England.

he can do it from either side so let him drift, ba can pull wide as can cisse, imagine trying to mark them. we need that extra centralish midfielder to go the left of tiote and cabaye.

Jonas was actually ok in the middle when we tried playing 5 there with a striker and LW. Maybe he could do it for now.

Anyhoo, no chance of that type of floating offensive formation under Pards, i think he's very big on players being in the positions he wants them for when we lose the ball

Jonas was actually ok in the middle when we tried playing 5 there with a striker and LW. Maybe he could do it for now.

Anyhoo, no chance of that type of floating offensive formation under Pards, i think he's very big on players being in the positions he wants them for when we lose the ball

he wasn't. he was ok on the ball but as usual his distribution was poor and his basic positioning is atrocious. he's like an 8yr old just chasing after the ball

hi ronaldo,

His best position is not right winger in a 442, he' s so good that he can do the job, but you don't really use his qualities by playing him out wide.

His best position has to be number 10 or left winger in a 4 3 3

4 2 3 1 with ben arfa 10 and real footballers around him, here we should see some real football.

Obertan playing in the ben arfa role was so funny yesterday.

and please don't tell me that he has played there and was not good three months ago, he comes back from his injury...

at 100 per cent, he should be the central ( in all means) player of this team