The other games today - 2011/12

Rich

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

What confuses is me is that you'll get people raving about Tom Huddlestone, yet they never really thought much of Paul Scholes.

The difference without Scholes is so stark.

:thup: this season will have done wonders for his long-term standing in the game, he was criminally underrated before he retired/came back. Even now, people are still missing the point when it comes to him.

I agree with that. Edgar Davids once called him the best midfielder in the world IIRC. My knowledge of world football/different leagues wasn't as good as it is now, but from what I could see - it was true.

Aye, similar was said by Xavi/Iniesta before the last Champs League final - he's very much in their mould, unlike the "box-to-box" midfielder that the English press crave to label him as and what they desperately want to see two of playing for ing-ger-lund. Quite how they allowed Sven to waste him out of the left flank was a mystery; granted, I didn't fully appreciate him at the time but he should have been part of a central midfield trio and the rest of the team instructed to give him the ball as often as possible.

Has been a joy to watch him since the comeback, make the most of it while we still can.

Sven tried to accomodate him by putting Gerrard out on the left for a couple of games. he had a theory that gerrard did most of his attacks down the flanks anyway and that his liverpool managers had used him out wide too. but the press went mental at the thought that Stevie G saviour of english football could be wasted out wide...

:(

:thup: this season will have done wonders for his long-term standing in the game, he was criminally underrated before he retired/came back. Even now, people are still missing the point when it comes to him.

I agree with that. Edgar Davids once called him the best midfielder in the world IIRC. My knowledge of world football/different leagues wasn't as good as it is now, but from what I could see - it was true.

Aye, similar was said by Xavi/Iniesta before the last Champs League final - he's very much in their mould, unlike the "box-to-box" midfielder that the English press crave to label him as and what they desperately want to see two of playing for ing-ger-lund. Quite how they allowed Sven to waste him out of the left flank was a mystery; granted, I didn't fully appreciate him at the time but he should have been part of a central midfield trio and the rest of the team instructed to give him the ball as often as possible.

Has been a joy to watch him since the comeback, make the most of it while we still can.

Without doubt the best English midfielder since Gazza.  Could arguably say he was better.

Nah gazza was better but totally wasted it all.

Sven tried to accomodate him by putting Gerrard out on the left for a couple of games. he had a theory that gerrard did most of his attacks down the flanks anyway and that his liverpool managers had used him out wide too. but the press went mental at the thought that Stevie G saviour of english football could be wasted out wide...

:anguish:

The England manager's job will never be a good thing until the press stop believing they have a divine right to do it themselves. The level of scrutiny and 'comment' is ridiculous.

Guest guinness_fiend

:anguish:

The England manager's job will never be a good thing until the press stop believing they have a divine right to do it themselves. The level of scrutiny and 'comment' is ridiculous.

We have a 158 page thread dedicated to Danny Simpson FFS :lol:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

"Could have been the world's greatest but he was 5'8", Ginger and asthmatic. He also had a tiny penis."

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Is Valencia Utd's most dangerous player?

Most attacking without a doubt.

Fast.

Direct.

Fair bit of skill.

Fantastic cross.

All right foot.

Ranieri sacked.

Christ. Didn't realise they were 9th.

Weird, I read this about 2 hours ago :lol:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1041011/massimo-moratti:-claudio-ranieri-will-remain-until-end-of-season?cc=5739

Inter Milan president Massimo Moratti has stated that under-fire manager Claudio Ranieri will not be sacked until the end of the season.

Ranieri - "oh, that's ok then" :lol: