NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder

#nufc When asked on transfers AP said: "The players we have in mind all seem secure at their clubs"

This and the other quotes don't make great reading... What would the harm be in saying we are still hopeful of 1 or 2 coming through the door if we were anywhere near close to doing something... I'm still hoping we are waiting to qualify for the group stages before pushing the boat out one last time to increase the squad size by improving the first team...

The harm would be in press coverage alerting other clubs potentially? -  May just be bluffing - although it seems unlikely.

If your not naming the club or the player or the position what and who are you alerting?...

How many other teams around us are in better position for Strikers?

Chelsea - Torres/Sturridge/? (Lampard/Hazard/Mata also offer goals)

Spurs - Adebayor/Defoe (Van Der Vaart, Siggurdsson, Bale also offer goals)

Arsenal -  Podolski/Giroud (Arteta/Carzola also for goals?)

Everton - Jelavic/Mirallas (Fallaini)

Liverpool - Suarez/Borini/Carroll (Gerrard/Sahin/Adam)

Us - Cisse/Ba/Shola (Cabaye/Ben Arfa/Marveux?)

Are we really that much worse off than teams around us last year - excluded Man U and Man City for obvious reasons

Most of those teams play with 1 striker though and they don't have the possibility of losing both their strikers for a month of the season either.

That's true and looks like we are looking at January for someone. However we played a lot of games last year with just 1 up front and Ba out to the Left, no difference there and we were better in that formation, I reckon once Pardew realises 4-4-2 is shit he will move back to 4-2-3-1/4-3-3.

Acon is an issue but hopefully Ivory coast can sort that out for us - and maybe that's what they are gambling on. They like a gamble :)

Probably another point to consider is that we're unsettled on our formation. Spurs do not really fear much with just three strikers, for example, as they are settled on a one-striker formation. As much as I do not like it, Pards is still using the 4-4-2 often. People seem to be assuming that we'd go 4-3-3 for certain with the options they are suggesting, that we could play with only one up top.

And Shola is s***.

He couldn´t do anything right last January. How was our record while Ba was gone? Did we even score?

Actually he came on as a sub and helped steady the team.

Not while he was our "main striker".

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder

#nufc When asked on transfers AP said: "The players we have in mind all seem secure at their clubs"

This and the other quotes don't make great reading... What would the harm be in saying we are still hopeful of 1 or 2 coming through the door if we were anywhere near close to doing something... I'm still hoping we are waiting to qualify for the group stages before pushing the boat out one last time to increase the squad size by improving the first team...

The harm would be in press coverage alerting other clubs potentially? -  May just be bluffing - although it seems unlikely.

If your not naming the club or the player or the position what and who are you alerting?...

True, maybe they just want to stop everyone guessing then I guess :)

Guest neesy111

And Shola is shit.

He couldn´t do anything right last January. How was our record while Ba was gone? Did we even score?

Yeah, the midfield contributed all but 1 goal.

Probably another point to consider is that we're unsettled on our formation. Spurs do not really fear much with just three strikers, for example, as they are settled on a one-striker formation. As much as I do not like it, Pards is still using the 4-4-2 often. People seem to be assuming that we'd go 4-3-3 for certain with the options they are suggesting, that we could play with only one up top.

I don´t think we will do well this season. And that will back fire next season.

a) We have not signed any players

b) I don´t trust pardew right now to get the system right. Not will we only be better in a 4-3-3 ish way. We will also "save" our strikers though one always can rest.

The Anita signing actually makes less sense now.

He seems to have been bought for depth rather than play alongside Tiote and Cabaye, the Ajax fans were right :lol:

But he wanted guaranteed first team football.

Don't understand where he fits tbh if 4-4-2 is the way forward, unless Pards plans to play him in the cups and europe and Tiote in the league :dontknow:

He seems to have been bought for depth rather than play alongside Tiote and Cabaye, the Ajax fans were right :lol:

Not sure on this, I think Pardew intends to play all 3 personally with Cabaye pushed forward. Think we will end up 4231/433 long term as it would suit our options, but maybe Pardew wants to have tactical options of 442 for some games. We played 433 quite a lot last year as well as tweaked 442/4411 formations. Just looks as if Pards is trying to keep Ba happy.

But he wanted guaranteed first team football.

Don't understand where he fits tbh if 4-4-2 is the way forward, unless Pards plans to play him in the cups and europe and Tiote in the league :dontknow:

Yeah but Titote is always injured so...

This is why if our tactic is to keep our cards close to our chest like with Cisse, I think we're still not done with the transfers.

Guest Roger Kint

Still think Carroll will happen, expect Liverpool to go for Walcott and raise funds through Carroll for that

Someone on FB claims the Chronicle says we are close to a fee :lol:

Unless that tweet has been missed i have no idea what they are reading.

This is why if our tactic is to keep our cards close to our chest like with Cisse, I think we're still not done with the transfers.

People say this close to deadline day and nothing ever happens. Give up on it now, and it won't feel so bad on friday.

Chamakh, Harry Kane, Shola Ameobi, Naismith, Ruiz, Lita.

These are the strikers we & those potentially around us are relying on if they lost both their strikers.

All much better than what we have.  Have you seen Shola's injury record?  He's injured now actually.

First part is obviously debatable, especially with the players we could play off Shola in comparison to them.

Outside of that, you're basking in negativity. Best got injured all the time aswell, would you want a 5th striker then? Lets not consider the injury records of our other strikers in comparison either, because everyones going to get injured regardless obviously & we need to throw money at it.

People say this close to deadline day and nothing ever happens. Give up on it now, and it won't feel so bad on friday.

I've already readied myself to accept it if we don't clinch any signings, but it's just nice to have a bit more positive thinking. It's more of hope, not expectation.

It must be said though that the Cisse thing was done at the start of a window, not a down-to-the-wire thing like this.

Guest neesy111

Chamakh, Harry Kane, Shola Ameobi, Naismith, Ruiz, Lita.

These are the strikers we & those potentially around us are relying on if they lost both their strikers.

All much better than what we have.  Have you seen Shola's injury record?  He's injured now actually.

First part is obviously debatable, especially with the players we could play off Shola in comparison to them.

Outside of that, you're basking in negativity. Best got injured all the time aswell, would you want a 5th striker then? Lets not consider the injury records of our other strikers in comparison either, because everyones going to get injured regardless obviously & we need to throw money at it.

Again, read what I've posted.  I've said we need a replacement for best only 2-3M not a 12M striker hardly throwing money around.

Basking in negativity, if we go through a injury crisis upfront I'll be reminding you of all of this.

Guest neesy111

I'm not saying anything will happen, however Pardew has previous in regards to this...ala Cisse.

People also forget we signed Santon on the eve of the last summer deadline.

That was a day after Pardew said we needed bodies though after beating Fulham 2-1. :lol: