NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Graham Carr man, what is that guy on sometimes  :lol:

Aye because every youngster works out, you live and you learn.

It was an ironical post btw, shame though, would have liked them to work out.

Same, sadly though i fear for any youngsters coming into the club we don't exactly have a history of developing them successfully.

True, although we're not alone in that regard. Failing academies are de rigueur these days. We really need to send a deputation to Germany for a few months and talk to those people.

Graham Carr man, what is that guy on sometimes  :lol:

Aye because every youngster works out, you live and you learn.

It was an ironical post btw, shame though, would have liked them to work out.

Same, sadly though i fear for any youngsters coming into the club we don't exactly have a history of developing them successfully.

True, although we're not alone in that regard. Failing academies are de rigueur these days. We really need to send a deputation to Germany for a few months and talk to those people.

Very true, there's so much English football could learn from nations like Germany, however by the time our flight lands back down in England from our visit, they'll have advanced further leaving us constantly behind. If only we could focus a bit more on finding our own blend of ingredients for success.

With the money sloshing around the PL and the inflated wages here it's become too easy to attract the decent players from europe to come here.  Why would a PL side invest milliions in their academies when it's just as easy and has a much higher guarantee of success to throw a few million at the continent and grab a good young player who's already ready for first team duties.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bidding-war-bony-avoidednewcastle-united-4707583?

No one has bid yet, but we're not bidding on him to avoid getting into a bidding war. Cool.

Hope that is just us doing the "we don't want him anyway" hardball type business but if we only want players no other clubs want its going to be a bit tough. Would fkn love him here.

Oh erm :lol:

Newcastle United target Vitesse striker Wilfried Bony

• 24-year-old Vitesse forward considered as club seek striker

• St Etienne's Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang among other targets

Louise Taylor

guardian.co.uk, Tuesday 25 June 2013 08.57 BST

The Ivory Coast international forward Wilfried Bony, who has emerged as a target for Newcastle United, during a recent World Cup qualifier against Gambia in Bakau. Photograph: Seyllou/AFP/Getty Images

Wilfried Bony has been placed high on Newcastle United's summer shopping list after Mike Ashley, the club's owner, pledged to reinforce Alan Pardew's side by investing in a prolific striker.

The Vitesse forward, who has scored 46 goals in 63 games for the Dutch side, is a 24-year-old Ivorian who perfectly fits the profile of young-ish, fast-emerging players Newcastle invariably seek to sign.

With Everton and Swansea also interested in Bony, St Etienne's Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Aston Villa's Darren Bent remain back-up options as Pardew and the club's new director of football, Joe Kinnear, seek a replacement for Demba Ba who left for Chelsea last January.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jun/25/newcastle-united-vitesse-wilfried-bony

Without too much concrete or reliable information, this window looks an absolute disaster so far.

We've scouted one CB for two years, negotiated for 5 months and then pull the plug because JK comes in.

We've looked at another CB (Tomkins), but he seems to cost actual money so he's also a no-go.

We've known we need a striker since Ba left and we've seemingly been looking at:

a) Carroll - didn't bid for him.

b) Aubameyang - wants Champions League and he'd be mad to sign for us with Dortmund etc in for him.

c) Bony - we do not want to pay actual money for him so he's also a no-go.

No planning, no ambition, no strategy, no money.

Without too much concrete or reliable information, this window looks an absolute disaster so far.

We've scouted one CB for two years, negotiated for 5 months and then pull the plug because JK comes in.

We've looked at another CB (Tomkins), but he seems to cost actual money so he's also a no-go.

We've known we need a striker since Ba left and we've seemingly been looking at:

b) Aubameyang - wants Champions League and he'd be mad to sign for us with Dortmund etc in for him.

Man who did the actual deals has resigned and we now lack any real money deal making man at the club.

No window closed yet

Guest icemanblue

Some bold statements there, considering you don't have 'too much concrete or reliable information'.

Have only seen a little bit of Bony but i thought his touch was quite heavy but that doesn't matter given the extraordinary amount of time defenders in the Dutch league give opposition players. He certainly won't get that here. Based on what little i saw, i don't think he'd do that well in this league.

Have only seen a little bit of Bony but i thought his touch was quite heavy but that doesn't matter given the extraordinary amount of time defenders in the Dutch league give opposition players. He certainly won't get that here. Based on what little i saw, i don't think he'd do that well in this league.

From what I have seen of him I think no matter the league his game would suit, he reads the game brilliantly, times his runs, gets shots away early no dwelling on the ball, is super strong in the air and going shoulder to shoulder.

I think £15m if that is the asking price then its a great price in todays market for what we would get for the money.

:frantic:

Guest icemanblue

:thup: From what I've seen (youtube), he just looked a bully. Defenders just bouncing off him in and around the box, giving him time and space to finish. He won't be afforded the same luxury over here. Didn't seem to have any particular outstanding quality, that sets apart the Suarez' from the Alves'. I'd be concerned if he was our main striker signing.

:thup: From what I've seen (youtube), he just looked a bully. Defenders just bouncing off him in and around the box, giving him time and space to finish. He won't be afforded the same luxury over here. Didn't seem to have any particular outstanding quality, that sets apart the Suarez' from the Alves'. I'd be concerned if he was our main striker signing.

Just a bully won't score 46 goals in 65 games in any league

It might be different behind the scenes (I hope so) but for all our much touted scouting and transfer policy, they are giving the impression that they are starting from scratch with a blank piece of paper.

I don't get the Tompkins link at all.  I understand that Pardew wants him but surely he would be coming in as 4th choice but for £8m?  If they pay that much for him then he has to go straight into the first team and I would not say he is better than either Taylor of MYM.  If he is the 4th choice then he should probably stay at West Ham. 

Guest icemanblue

Afonso Alves scored 39 in 45, and looked a world beater. Unfortunately, when it comes to the Dutch league, you need to look at more than goals.

100% we won't sign Tomkins this summer. Wham want too much and we want to pay too little. His real value is around £4m mark, wham won't accept that and I struggle to see us even paying that. Maybe we are showing early interest for his his contract runs down. You might get him for that in his final year, whenever that is, but right now? Na. No chance.

Afonso Alves scored 39 in 45, and looked a world beater. Unfortunately, when it comes to the Dutch league, you need to look at more than goals.

Of course you need to look at more than just goals but you suggested he just looked a bully, I say just a bully won't score that amount of goals.

Some would say Andy Carroll is just a bully type player, I think Bony has much more to his game than Carroll.

It's a hard league to judge.

Some bold statements there, considering you don't have 'too much concrete or reliable information'.

It's just my interpretation of what's going on. If we had been planning and set out to do something of purpose, we shouldn't be getting reports about us pulling out, moving targets and "avoiding bidding wars". My main worry is that we'll keep looking for good deals and not what we actually need.

Outside the top clubs we have Norwich, Southampton, Fulham and West Ham who all have managed to adress some of their most pressing issues through some meaningful investment. All we get is reports of us moving away from our top targets, pulling out because of last minute decisions and unwillingness to pay.

Then again, I should know better than to judge before the start of July.

Guest icemanblue

It's just my interpretation of what's going on. If we had been planning and set out to do something of purpose, we shouldn't be getting reports about us pulling out, moving targets and "avoiding bidding wars". My main worry is that we'll keep looking for good deals and not what we actually need.

Outside the top clubs we have Norwich, Southampton, Fulham and West Ham who all have managed to adress some of their most pressing issues through some meaningful investment. All we get is reports of us moving away from our top targets, pulling out because of last minute decisions and unwillingness to pay.

Then again, I should know better than to judge before the start of July.

There you go.

It's the summer. Papers are going to write shit. Even more so now that negative Newcastle stories are bang on trend.