NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Sammy's not dreadful like, I don't know where anyone could form that opinion. He's flimsy and looks weird, but he's shown a decent amount when he's played IMO. Just because he's related to Shola doesn't necessarily mean he's terrible.

Dont get the point of Ince - either our players coming through arent good enough (then sell them) or they are (then give them a chance)

:thup:

Agreed. Ferguson and Sammy are potentially at least as good as Ince.

I'd be really disappointed if we pushed the boat out for Ince. He looks to me like the sort of player that only shines up to a certain level.

Sammy is dreadful, And ferguson has nowhere near proved himself at that level. Ince got 18 goals and 14 assists last season, thats better than zaha.

Sammy's not dreadful, but he's not as good as Ince from the 2 and a bit games I've seen.

Sammy's not dreadful like, I don't know where anyone could form that opinion. He's flimsy and looks weird, but he's shown a decent amount when he's played IMO. Just because he's related to Shola doesn't necessarily mean he's terrible.

I mainly formed it from watching him try to play football. Nothing to do with his family name.

Fair enough. I'm not saying he's nailed on to become a successful PL player, but I think he has a chance.

I think Sammy has looked pretty good at times. Said it before but from the Championship perfomances I saw if we were linked to this young winger/striker quite a few would be fizzing at the slit. He's definitely not guaranteed to make it but I agree with those who say being an Ameobi is a hinderance rather than a help when most judge him.

I mainly formed it from watching him try to play football. Nothing to do with his family name.

In that case you're being very harsh. He's by no means the finished product, but surely you can see some potential there? For one, he's arguably  a better dribbler than anyone at the club bar Ben Arfa.

I think Sammy has looked pretty good at times. Said it before but from the Championship perfomances I saw if we were linked to this young winger/striker quite a few would be fizzing at the slit. He's definitely not guaranteed to make it but I agree with those who say being an Ameobi is a hinderance rather than a help when most judge him.

When he was at Boro? Thought he was supposed to have one decent game and faded.

Personally think santoon has Sammy almost nailed here like, however there's a chance he'll click and become a decent weapon in this division, only time is running out, that's partly down to us and our policy with our youth as well as down to him.

He's got this season to make his breakthrough, at the end of that he'll be 22, same age as Obertan when we signed him who he's nowhere near as effective as, and that is some criticism.

Shane will be 22 before the start of this season, these aren't youngsters IMO, they need to be showing now that they are good enough to be in the squad or we need to sell and buy players who are. Ince is ready to prove himself in the premiership, these two aren't.

It's so difficult for both Sammy and Feguson, every time we have a squad weakness we will just sign someone from abroad. They might have what it takes, they might not, but we're unlikely to ever give them the run of games they need to prove it either way.

I can't see why we haven't looked in to bidding for Redmond, been getting quoted 2/3 million. Peanuts in this day and age for a winger who is English and looking a decent prospect. Lee Clarke would obviously whisper in his ear to sign for us too  :snod:

Personally think santoon has Sammy almost nailed here like, however there's a chance he'll click and become a decent weapon in this division, only time is running out, that's partly down to us and our policy with our youth as well as down to him.

He's got this season to make his breakthrough, at the end of that he'll be 22, same age as Obertan when we signed him who he's nowhere near as effective as, and that is some criticism.

Shane will be 22 before the start of this season, these aren't youngsters IMO, they need to be showing now that they are good enough to be in the squad or we need to sell and buy players who are. Ince is ready to prove himself in the premiership, these two aren't.

IIRC the club once said something about changing its youth policy to release players at 21 if they felt they hadn't made the grade. Was a while ago mind and like everything at NUFC it seems pretty ad hoc.

Agreed this season, is the season he has to prove himself, at 22 you'd expect a player to be getting near the level they should be and he is nowhere near that for me.

Yeah and like said this isn't just down to them, 35-40 appearances each by the time they are 22 isn't a great deal, especially when a lot of them are subs. Bigi has 53 and he's 19. An even better comparison is Clyne with 170+ appearances in the same age bracket with most of them starts.

We ruin our youth due to our small squad, no doubt about it.

Pardew set all of these youngsters back imo. He threw them in for a few games when we were already totally shit but also put them all in at the same time and then blamed them afterwards for the team performing poorly. I still think there is a good player in Fergie, not so much Sammy but I also think both of them should be looking to move on to improve.

Pardew set all of these youngsters back imo. He threw them in for a few games when we were already totally shit but also put them all in at the same time and then blamed them afterwards for the team performing poorly. I still think there is a good player in Fergie, not so much Sammy but I also think both of them should be looking to move on to improve.

We've been fucking them up for years, Pardew has just added to it.

Guest chopey

I would like to see ferguson given a chance as I think he is one of our best crosses of the ball he just needs a few good dinners to bulk up a bit

We've sent out Inman on loan who has been fantastic but you just know his future isn't going to be with us as he hasn't been given a single look in with regards to the first team at any point. Best he can hope for is being sent out on loan again next season rather just dwindling away in our reserve side.

We've been fucking them up for years, Pardew has just added to it.

Maybe, his antics last season were above and beyond though.

Obertan has better end product than Sammy? Really!?

Yes, unfortunately. I take it you don't agree?

Obertan has had 10 times as many chances, and created or scored a similar number, so no.. :lol:

Erm no, don't buy this at all.

Guest Lalasialex

And we need players with end product... Someone who can make an impact on the final third...

And Sammy and Ferguson isn't there, Ince got 18 goals and 13 assists... I say it's worth a try, at a decent cost...