NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest icemanblue

Have only seen a little bit of Bony but i thought his touch was quite heavy but that doesn't matter given the extraordinary amount of time defenders in the Dutch league give opposition players. He certainly won't get that here. Based on what little i saw, i don't think he'd do that well in this league.

:thup: From what I've seen (youtube), he just looked a bully. Defenders just bouncing off him in and around the box, giving him time and space to finish. He won't be afforded the same luxury over here. Didn't seem to have any particular outstanding quality, that sets apart the Suarez' from the Alves'. I'd be concerned if he was our main striker signing.

Just a bully won't score 46 goals in 65 games in any league

Afonso Alves scored 39 in 45, and looked a world beater. Unfortunately, when it comes to the Dutch league, you need to look at more than goals.

Of course you need to look at more than just goals but you suggested he just looked a bully, I say just a bully won't score that amount of goals.

Some would say Andy Carroll is just a bully type player, I think Bony has much more to his game than Carroll.

Huh? A bully who is able to create his own time and space in dangerous areas, is bound to score a lot of goals.

Have only seen a little bit of Bony but i thought his touch was quite heavy but that doesn't matter given the extraordinary amount of time defenders in the Dutch league give opposition players. He certainly won't get that here. Based on what little i saw, i don't think he'd do that well in this league.

:thup: From what I've seen (youtube), he just looked a bully. Defenders just bouncing off him in and around the box, giving him time and space to finish. He won't be afforded the same luxury over here. Didn't seem to have any particular outstanding quality, that sets apart the Suarez' from the Alves'. I'd be concerned if he was our main striker signing.

Afonso Alves scored 39 in 45, and looked a world beater. Unfortunately, when it comes to the Dutch league, you need to look at more than goals.

Of course you need to look at more than just goals but you suggested he just looked a bully, I say just a bully won't score that amount of goals.

Some would say Andy Carroll is just a bully type player, I think Bony has much more to his game than Carroll.

Huh? A bully who is able to create his own time and space in dangerous areas, is bound to score a lot of goals.

So Bony is only a bully who does not create his own space but Carroll is a bully who creates his own space ?

Winding me up surely?

Guest icemanblue

So Bony is only a bully who does not create his own space but Carroll is a bully who creates his own space ?

Winding me up surely?

What are you on about? :lol:

Let's forget you've brought up Carroll, he's irrelevant. You disputed that a bully would be able to score that many goals. I said Bony is a bully in the Dutch League, which has allowed him to score that many goals. He wouldn't have the same physical advantage over here, so I think he'd struggle. I haven't seen much else to his game, pace, technical ability etc.

Guest Spark

Without too much concrete or reliable information, this window looks an absolute disaster so far.

We've scouted one CB for two years, negotiated for 5 months and then pull the plug because JK comes in.

We've looked at another CB (Tomkins), but he seems to cost actual money so he's also a no-go.

We've known we need a striker since Ba left and we've seemingly been looking at:

a) Carroll - didn't bid for him.

b) Aubameyang - wants Champions League and he'd be mad to sign for us with Dortmund etc in for him.

c) Bony - we do not want to pay actual money for him so he's also a no-go.

No planning, no ambition, no strategy, no money.

:lol:

A young man from Belgium came over from an even poorer league with a heavy touch last summer, and scored goals for fun. Really difficult to predict these things.

Bony reminds me of Kone who was at Wigan last season, although I actually think he's more polished. Think he'll do well personally.

BONY - can he play next to cisse - probably not. Him and cisse to swap and we buy and exciting forward/left winger to start ahead of gouffran.

Then i truely start to believe things could be interetsting....even with pardew/joe.

but just cant see ashley splashing 25 mill for 2 players.  :(

But imaging if he did....its close to what we need. Imo our central defends is ok. M´biwa and colo. taylor/willo back up.

What an exciting team we could have.

How much TV-money did we get?

Plenty, plenty monies.

Many, many monies?

Considering the TV-deal was like a million trillion quadroolions, and Southampton are spending £50M, we should have a little money in our wallets at least.

Don't think we will spend much this summer. Decent money on a striker and a cheap backup for a CH plus some promising youngsters and that's it.

If we get a good striker and a proper winger I'll be happy regardless of how much we spend. I'm just worried any shift in transfer policy may be to our detriment when there are better options around.

Plenty, plenty monies.

Many, many monies?

Considering the TV-deal was like a million trillion quadroolions, and Southampton are spending £50M, we should have a little money in our wallets at least.

An increase of some £20m from the bottom club to some  £40m for the league winners by some estimates.

Enough to cover an empty stadium btw.

One thing I trust is our player recruitment, although JFK has thrown a bit of a spanner in the works. As a few of our January signings were meant for the summer, I think it might be fairly quiet.

Yeah, think we have spent a vast portion of our summer budget on those January signings. We should be decently fine with a couple of quality additions. The unknown is how our transfers will pan out with the Kinnear factor.

Plenty, plenty monies.

Many, many monies?

An increase of some £20m from the bottom club to some  £40m for the league winners by some estimates.

The money we've just received/will soon receive is the last payment of the previous deal AFAIK (?).  I think this coming season is when the new deal kicks in so we'd get the increased payment next summer.

EDIT: Yep we received £45m for last season (2012-2013).

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2012-13/may/premier-league-total-broadcasting-payments-season-2012-13.html

Next summer the team finishing last will get at least £60m (rather than the £39m the bottom team received for the 2012-2013 season).

Plenty, plenty monies.

Many, many monies?

The money we've just received/will soon receive is the last payment of the previous deal AFAIK (?).  I think this coming season is when the new deal kicks in so we'd get the increased payment next summer.

Starts from the new season, yup. Didn't stop clubs from spending ahead to consolidate their lucrative PL status.

The first commences at midnight on the last day of the season and ends on 31 August if a working day - or, if not, on the first working day thereafter, at a time determined by the Board.

:frantic:

The window isn't even open yet :lol:

It's been open for over a month in England.

No. Only for domestic transfers. Ther International window opens July 1st in England. You can naturally arrange transfers (Internationally), but they won't be "official" until then.

No. Only for domestic transfers. Ther International window opens July 1st in England. You can arrange transfers (Internationally), but they won't be official until then.

So yes then.

No. Only for domestic transfers. Ther International window opens July 1st in England. You can arrange transfers (Internationally), but they won't be official until then.

So yes then.

Yes, it's not.

We've been able to sign players since the last day of the season.

edit: regardless, we're arguing semantics. Other teams have signed players. Clubs have even confirmed international transfers.