NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest Shaun

Still cb, rb and fw fer me lyk.

:thup: Spanish media apparently reckon we have bid 8m euros for Toulalan, cant see it myself but :dontknow:

Cababe and Toulalan.  :drool:

It will be very difficult to achieve what we did last season with the same group of players. We now have a shortage of strikers as well as centre backs, and we have perhaps 10 or more extra fixtures. The likes of Liverpool and Chelsea will expect to improve on last season and Everton will be a threat.

I think there is a bit of complacency that the same players will do it again without a great need to strengthen. Pardew has to show confidence in his lads in the press but he will be concerned.

The time to panic would be three weeks from now, but I wouldn't be complacent. Mike Ashley will be after a bargain, he will sit tight until near the deadline and if he has to leave us short on strikers or defenders for the season he will because he's done it before.

Perhaps a great or an awful start against Spurs and Chelsea might influence his thinking going into the final week of trading.

Still cb, rb and fw fer me lyk.

:thup: Spanish media apparently reckon we have bid 8m euros for Toulalan, cant see it myself but :dontknow:

Toulalan is dog s****.

We should get Nacho Monreal (the left back) from Malaga.

Complete rubbish, he's a fantastic DM. I just think 8m euros is a lot of money for a 28 year old DM when CB is a much more pressing concern IMO.

Which is why i question whether it's true or not.

Does anyone else wonder if we sign Anita but not Debuchy, we might play Anita at left back and move Santon over to the right?

I'd be surprised. I honestly don't think Pardew would have any problem with playing Simpson or R.Taylor at RB.

Does anyone else wonder if we sign Anita but not Debuchy, we might play Anita at left back and move Santon over to the right?

I'd be surprised. I honestly don't think Pardew would have any problem with playing Simpson or R.Taylor at RB.

or Taylor at left back again?  :scared:

EDIT: No. Santon. The fuck am I saying  :lol:

I f*cking hope not, he can do a job there but he's a DM and should not be bought to start at LB.

The fact he is versatile is a bonus, but he should not be bought to start in one of those positions. it's almost like someone buying Jonas to play at LB.

Guest reefatoon

As said before - Toulalan is class, but too old, and probably after a rather hefty salary.

I love how 28 is too old . . . .

As said before - Toulalan is class, but too old, and probably after a rather hefty salary.

I love how 28 is too old . . . .

When its said hes too old. It generally means hes too old for our transfer policy, due to him having low resale value at the end of a 4 year contract on high wages. Signings like Toulalan are a thing of the past.

Just thought about something, maybe we are considering a more experienced DM because how much Bigi has impressed.

Get Toulalan in for a few years, get Bigi to learn from him and Tiote. Once he's on the slide Bigi can slot straight in as by then he will probably be more than ready.

Still probably unlikely, but it's something to consider. That's if we are even in for him of course.

Guest reefatoon

Just thought about something, maybe we are considering a more experienced DM because how much Bigi has impressed.

Get Toulalan in for a few years, get Bigi to learn from him and Tiote. Once he's on the slide Bigi can slot straight in as by then he will probably be more than ready.

Still probably unlikely, but it's something to consider. That's if we are even in for him of course.

If that ever was a reason (it won't be . . . .) why not just save ourselves 8mil and let Bigi learn off Tiote?