NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest Roger Kint

Does he not mean the move of Carroll back to Newcastle would be 'political' because it would make Liverpool look like fucking idiots more so than selling to anyone else?

Thats how everyone other than Bimpy/Neesy sees it yeah.

How very arrogant of you. But thanks for the input.

Its arrogant to say that only two people discussing it in this thread think one thing and the rest think the other? Deary me :lol:

Dismissive then ?. Just because Nessy and i see the comments different doesn't mean we are wrong does it. Doesn't meant we are right either. The same applies to you too doesn't it ?.

Only person who knows how he meant it was Pardew. We are all just guessing at what we think he meant.

Its not dismissive either to point out a fact that one group see a comment one way and your two didnt. I never said i was right like you did. Anyway what a shit argument to have :lol:

Guest neesy111

Remember that talk in at the end of last season when Pardew said he wanted a 8 goal a season defender.  Where is he?

:saylor:

That pic is just mental.

:lol:

Guest bimpy474

Does he not mean the move of Carroll back to Newcastle would be 'political' because it would make Liverpool look like fucking idiots more so than selling to anyone else?

Thats how everyone other than Bimpy/Neesy sees it yeah.

How very arrogant of you. But thanks for the input.

Its arrogant to say that only two people discussing it in this thread think one thing and the rest think the other? Deary me :lol:

Dismissive then ?. Just because Nessy and i see the comments different doesn't mean we are wrong does it. Doesn't meant we are right either. The same applies to you too doesn't it ?.

Only person who knows how he meant it was Pardew. We are all just guessing at what we think he meant.

Its not dismissive either to point out a fact that one group see a comment one way and your two didnt. I never said i was right like you did. Anyway what a shit argument to have :lol:

Very true, my apologises mate, i'am grumpy aren't i  :laugh:

Although they look similar and play in the same positions that's where Bigi and Tiotes comparisons end. Tiote is invaluable to us. We look a much better side when he's in it and at 26 we shouldn't be looking to sell our most important players playing in their prime, to be replaced by 18 and 19 year old kids.

Wouldnt be surprised if we cash in on Tiote next year as he will be 27 going on 28?, but only if Bigi continues to perform.....but that will be good business as far as I am concerned. If we can get say £25m for Tiote, then Bigi will be his ready made replacement.  I make that a cool £20.5m profit with a younger version of the same player already in situ, and that profit can be used to bring in yet more young players so they can be groomed to replace other senior players who can be sold at a vast profit,  because we already have their replacements in situ, and thus generating even more funds to take the club up to the next level.  I think we will find it a refreshing change to not have to make panic buys to replace star players that have been sold because of an Andy Carrol type offer!

Can't see anyone ever paying more than half that for a 27 year old midfielder who offers so little in the final third.

I suspect we have been trying to offload him for big money all summer, but no one has been interested at the price we are looking for, and our failure to complete the move has held up everything else.

I suspect we have been trying to offload him for big money all summer, but no one has been interested at the price we are looking for, and our failure to complete the move has held up everything else.

Based on what exactly?

Random negative assumptions like this really annoy me. For some reason they have credibility as well.

Guest Roger Kint

Luke Edwards seems to think we might be after Danny Rose on loan.

Rest of the press seem sure fuck all will happen with us.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/9511033/Transfer-deadline-day-live.html

His entry at 09.59:

"A nasty knee injury to Ryan Taylor, picked up in the 1-0 win over Atromitos in the Europa League on Thursday night, leaves manager Alan Pardew woefully short of naturally left-sided players and he has asked managing director Derek Llambias to pull off a late deal. The Magpies may also fancy Rose, which would put them in direct competition with their local rivals."

On second reading, slightly more ambiguous (ie no evidence at all) than I had thought when I initially scanned it.

Looking at Pardew's quotes over the past few weeks, I think he's been told to sell to buy, and would be happy to take a massive fee for one key player if it allowed him to bring in 2 or 3 targets. I think he'd take 20M for Tiote if it meant we landed Debuchy and a quality forward, and I think his quotes have been subtly inviting bids.

It's not hard to deflect journalists' questions, managers do it all the time. Pardew's been repeatedly touting our players through the press and bringing attention to the fact "we might not be able to keep them".

Guest neesy111

Luke Edwards seems to think we might be after Danny Rose on loan.

Did he tweet that or sent to his wife as a text?

:lol:

Guest bimpy474

Rose has gone to Sunderland. I'm sure i just read that on SSN.

In talks with Rose apparently.

O0

:okay:

Dont be, he is cack. And isn't a LB. He's a winger playing LB and still cack.

Based on what exactly?

Random negative assumptions like this really annoy me. For some reason they have credibility as well.

Based on the fact that buying low then selling high is our stated transfer policy.

Pardew has mentioned "value" several times and Tiote clearly isn't worth £20m, yet that is the price constantly quoted. Who is putting that price tag out there?

The one player we have signed for any sort of a fee looks like he could be his replacement.

The amount of times Pardew says "I hope a bid doesn't come in for one of our players. Theres no way we could say no to the right offer" has started to look like hes advertising them for sale. No other managers go on like that.

So hardly a "random" assumption. I also don't see whats negative about it.  If we got £20m for Tiote to reinvest in the side that would be excellent business. Arguably pulling a similar trick with Carroll is what has got us such an improved side in the last 18 months