NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

s***'s getting real in this thread. As long as there are no outgoings, I don't have a problem

This.

Think last year's transfer window was really, really a great one. This year it's not been bad, just not as good as last summer.

Shifting Best, Lovenkrands, Smith, Guthrie off the wage bill and only bringing in one first team player and a few kids is a mediocre window at best.

It's certainly not a bad window... just could have been better.

Well, we haven't bought a single first team player. I would consider that quite poor tbh.

Alan Pardew not expecting any deadline day moves

by Lee Ryder, Evening ChronicleAug 31 2012

ALAN PARDEW today stated he feels that Newcastle United will go with what they have between now and the January transfer window

The United boss though indicated that none of his star men will leave today.

In a routine press conference Pardew first reflected on the Europa League draw after the Magpies were paired with Bordeaux, Brugge and Maritimo.

He said: "It is a great draw in terms of travelling.

"I am pleased as they are accessible places.

"It could be worse.

"The players were excited watching it."

However, despite Ryan Taylor's injury last night he did not believe any new faces would be coming to Tyneside today.

He said: "I am hoping business is done.

"We have kept our main players.

"Anita is a first team regular and we have young players who can develop.

"They can grab the chance of Europe and the Capital One Cup.

"I don't think we will bring anyone in or anyone will go out.

"But you never know at this football club."

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/08/31/alan-pardew-not-expecting-any-deadline-day-moves-72703-31737248/#ixzz2587RRQiA

The problem with waiting to January is usually that there is no value in that window.  We got lucky with Cisse last year but if we are in a position where we desperately need a striker in January, clubs are bound to inflate their prices because of that.

Guest bimpy474

The problem with waiting to January is usually that there is no value in that window.  We got lucky with Cisse last year but if we are in a position where we desperately need a striker in January, clubs are bound to inflate their prices because of that.

Or the player is in the last 6 months of his contract and you can get him cheap. Straw clutching i know.

We'll think we're clever c***s and waiting til January thinking we can get another Cisse, panicking, and end up paying £8m for Ryan Babel.

We don't overpay on anyone. We also don't bring in shit players so no, I don't think that'll happen

Zaha would improve so much at Wigan, similar to Moses. Actually would be a great replacement.

Would have been a nice young striker to have behind Ba and Cisse I would have thought.

Wish we had just gone after Zaha and Clyne tbh. Things would have been looking much better.

We'll think we're clever c***s and waiting til January thinking we can get another Cisse, panicking, and end up paying £8m for Ryan Babel.

He has just been released on a free.

Still believe Babel can be great, don't ask me why.

Liked him so much at Ajax.

On a free? Well why the hell not.

He has just been released on a free.

Still believe Babel can be great, don't ask me why.

Liked him so much at Ajax.

On a free? Well why the hell not.

He and Ranger would get along very well.

Or is one Crips, and the other Blood?

not sure tbh, could go seriously wrong.

We gotta get that right!

Wigan looking at getting Zaha... Still a good option for us...

:llorente?:

that smiley :lol:

Cracked me up so much  :lol:

Shola ... the guy's ability to stay relevant in this team is like nothing I've ever seen.

Definitely some kind of voodoo being used on his part.