NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

What will happen to the likes oh Citeh, Chelski, Man Ure and the rest when these owners decide they had their fun and want out.

Its fine clubs being play toys for the uber rich but owning a club that you love is different to it being a play thing.

If these owners decide they want to be out abs recipe some of their investment then what will be left behind after that.

Debt in football is nothing new and at one time was in no way frowned upon, but when clubs like say Leeds speculated to accumulate and blew it in a big way it started to be looked at more.

If the aim of owning a club is not to have glory then what is ? but once these stupid rich fkers started buying clubs they left the have nots miles behind, there can be calculated risk in spending out of the clubs finances it does not have to lead to huge debts. Ashley is way way way to frugal, its caused a real problem in transfer dealings and really limits our scouting to bargain buys only, we have seen so many good players going to other clubs without breaking the bank.

Swansea got Bony for £12m, we were interested until we seen the fee, I mean its not a crazy buy in footballing terms, how much did we think we could get him for ? Wold £12m spiral us into debt ? I very much doubt it.

In our case right now it's to sell the club. Which makes this whole debate about debt irrelevant.

The only thing we can hope for is maybe someone or another business is willing to pay Ashley his asking price, so they can get in on the new TV deal money. 

Then again, the  new "owners" might have the same intentions as Ashley...Keep the club in the PL, keep that TV cash rolling in each time its renegotiated.

What will happen to the likes oh Citeh, Chelski, Man Ure and the rest when these owners decide they had their fun and want out.

Its fine clubs being play toys for the uber rich but owning a club that you love is different to it being a play thing.

If these owners decide they want to be out abs recipe some of their investment then what will be left behind after that.

Debt in football is nothing new and at one time was in no way frowned upon, but when clubs like say Leeds speculated to accumulate and blew it in a big way it started to be looked at more.

If the aim of owning a club is not to have glory then what is ? but once these stupid rich fkers started buying clubs they left the have nots miles behind, there can be calculated risk in spending out of the clubs finances it does not have to lead to huge debts. Ashley is way way way to frugal, its caused a real problem in transfer dealings and really limits our scouting to bargain buys only, we have seen so many good players going to other clubs without breaking the bank.

Swansea got Bony for £12m, we were interested until we seen the fee, I mean its not a crazy buy in footballing terms, how much did we think we could get him for ? Wold £12m spiral us into debt ? I very much doubt it.

In our case right now it's to sell the club. Which makes this whole debate about debt irrelevant.

What makes you think Ashley is actively looking to sell the club? From what I can see he's trying to make the club self sustainable/profitable at all cost, providing him a "free" advertising platform in the most important/best viewed football league in the world for his primary business interest, and a chance to periodically grab the Geordies by the proverbial balls for the insults we directed at him. I would be delighted if he sold up, but I can't see it happening anytime soon.

Guest elbee909

Europe and manageable debt, yeah. It's called ambition.

Debt = fragility.

What a load of fucking bollocks.

Debt = lots of lovely stuff to offset against tax, for one thing.

I don't know where this perception that we are debt free even comes from. We have a huge debt, only we don't pay any interest on it, which is the one thing I appreciate from Ashley's ownership. Now if he would put the money saved, plus some additional investment (he promised 20 million a year yonks ago) to good use in the transfer market (manager and players) we might go somewhere. As it is, we're just drifting aimlessly.

We'll be even more "debt free" now that there's been a vast increase in tv money. What good is it doing us? At what point does the football team see the benefit of this visionary strategy?

Since the Keegan affair Ashley's desire to invest in this club has depleted, and it's at an all time low at this moment. The impression I get is that if he can avoid spending any money at all on the team, he will.

There is this story about how this summer's spending was fast forwarded to January. I'm suspicious that if we'd had a successful season last term that we'd have seen those players brought in. That investment was to save his skin from relegation, simple, and even then you get the impression Pardew almost had to beg him to cough up.

We only snapped up a few players in January (and without dragging our feet) because Ashley genuinely feared relegation. If that happened, the losses and chancew of him selling the club at break even would have receded much, much further.

We'll probably bring in on or two players for a total spend of £10 million or less before the season starts. That's it IMO. Ashley'w only concern is spending the absolute minimum to stay up.. and disposing of the club as soon as possible.

I believe Ashley doubts Pardew's ability to keep us up without any real spending, thus hiring Kinnear in the hope of driving him out without the mega compensation an 8 year contract would bring.

Debt is pretty much crucial to the growth of any business.

Yes.

I find it pretty shocking people don't realize that. As long as you have the ability to properly manage the debt and be financially responsible, it would be pretty f***ing smart on our part. Ashley probably has access to some outstanding loan terms given his personal balance sheet too.

The fat b****** could sanction 50M in transfers over the summer and we'd still be perfectly fine. If he wasn't so tight & shocking with how our marketing and commercial side of the business we'd be a much more cash rich club too. A proper re-look at the commercial side could do wonders for this club, and I'd love to know the numbers behind this "free advertising" of SD vs. allowing the club to obtain legit sponsorships with a smarter and more tasteful approach at his SD free advertising - which if done right, he could absolutely do both and get great results.

I love it when people say stuff like "oh, just the odd £20m on players" as if it is that simple and as if £20m is a drop in the ocean for a football club.

When clubs like Norwich are spending something close to that and still are looking to do more, it clearly is :lol:

Yep there's no reason for us to be as tight as we are, we can afford to pay more for players just out of tv money, Ashley doesn't invest because he doesn't care all that much and would be happy to keep us ticking in the premier league for the tv rights and rake in the tv money. We don't have any ambition.

I love it when people say stuff like "oh, just the odd £20m on players" as if it is that simple and as if £20m is a drop in the ocean for a football club.

When clubs like Norwich are spending something close to that and still are looking to do more, it clearly is :lol:

Yeah, cos Norwich have zero debt.  They're one of the most financial sound clubs in England.  Completely different.

Guest neesy111

We could easily spend 20M and offer decent wages and not even make a loss this season based on the new tv deal.