Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Have to wonder why Ba is the one whining when Pards is bending over backwards to accommodate him yet Cisse says nothing and is being played out of the best position for him.

Our number 9 just working hard with no contract issues, no TV interviews talking about other clubs no bullshit clause yet he is being told he has to get goals or be benched.

DISGRACE

I wonder about this as well. I still don't 100% believe that Pards is playing Ba central just to keep him happy though... there must be actual football reasons that he believes in as well.

Goals, bro. Pardew probably has as much confidence in Cisse recently as Cisse does in himself, which is understandable.

It's a self-fulfilling prophesy though isn't it? You play a pure frontman wide and he won't get any goals, and he won't have any confidence.

Spot on, he was bound to start this season still on cloud 9 but from the off he was not played where he was amazing last season, if he is not going to play where he is best then bench him and play a formation that suits Ba and the rest of the squad OR start him and bench Ba or play Ba in another role. If he cannot get both scoring then play one or the other.

Have to wonder why Ba is the one whining when Pards is bending over backwards to accommodate him yet Cisse says nothing and is being played out of the best position for him.

Our number 9 just working hard with no contract issues, no TV interviews talking about other clubs no bullshit clause yet he is being told he has to get goals or be benched.

DISGRACE

I wonder about this as well. I still don't 100% believe that Pards is playing Ba central just to keep him happy though... there must be actual football reasons that he believes in as well.

Goals, bro. Pardew probably has as much confidence in Cisse recently as Cisse does in himself, which is understandable.

It's a self-fulfilling prophesy though isn't it? You play a pure frontman wide and he won't get any goals, and he won't have any confidence.

Same would happen with Ba (despite the clichés thrown around on here). As he's blatantly not going to change the formation, I can see why Pardew is backing Ba over Cisse in such desperate times.

When he may need to rely on him he has no option but to big him up, think given the choice Pards would even have him on the bench? Fact is our squad is paper thing and every player we have us hugely important.

Do the players have to gain confidence through the papers?

When he may need to rely on him he has no option but to big him up, think given the choice Pards would even have him on the bench? Fact is our squad is paper thing and every player we have us hugely important.

They're only important if he uses them sensibly, though. Shola has merit coming on in the 70th, 80th minute to give us size and a guy that's not hesitant to track back and help defend a lead (:yao:).

Why boost the confidence of a limited player at the expense of a better player struggling with form and his position in the formation?

Guest icemanblue

They're only important if he uses them sensibly, though. Shola has merit coming on in the 70th, 80th minute to give us size and a guy that's not hesitant to track back and help defend a lead (:yao:).

Why boost the confidence of a limited player at the expense of a better player struggling with form and his position in the formation?

He's not, though, is he? He's issuing a 'challenge' to the underperforming player, whilst motivating the bench dwelling club legend.

Sod all wrong with it, and with likely very little substance. But, he's a nasty man at the minute, so he'll be slaughtered for absolutely anything. :lol:

He's not, though, is he? He's issuing a 'challenge' to the underperforming player, whilst motivating the bench dwelling club legend.

Sod all wrong with it, and with likely very little substance. But, he's a nasty man at the minute, so he'll be slaughtered for absolutely anything. :lol:

:lol:

Give over.

I've never experienced such a level of analysis and mocking of a manager's every quotation. And the instant assumption of the most negative possible interpretation of what he's saying. Often mainly based on the headline chosen by a local journalist and not the actual quotes themselves.

I know we're going through a tough time at the minute, but come on.

Guest icemanblue

:lol: I'm not slaughtering him, tbh. I just don't get it. Put Cisse in a spot where he doesn't have to touch the ball until he shoots and he'll be back to his best, imo.

Nah, I agree. That wasn't really directed specifically at you.

I've never experienced such a level of analysis and mocking of a manager's every quotation. And the instant assumption of the most negative possible interpretation of what he's saying. Often mainly based on the headline chosen by a local journalist and not the actual quotes themselves.

See, I think that a good manager doesn't even say this kind of thing publicly. No problem at all challenging Cisse to find his best, but why are you telling us?

“Sometimes with players you need to show loyalty and sometimes you need to show faith – I will always do that with my strikers.

“But there does come a point when I have to say ‘OK, let’s try something new.’ Shola is knocking on the door at the minute. He wants to have a go and that’s something I will need to look closely at over the next couple of games.”

I lose faith in the man when his idea of something new is putting a lesser player into the same system that has us flirting with relegation.

DISGRACE

I mean, what could those footballing reasons be? Cisse's been scoring loads and half of Ba's goals have come off his arse.. wait....

DISGRACE

Spot on, he was bound to start this season still on cloud 9 but from the off he was not played where he was amazing last season, if he is not going to play where he is best then bench him and play a formation that suits Ba and the rest of the squad OR start him and bench Ba or play Ba in another role. If he cannot get both scoring then play one or the other.

Err... he started the season upfront. He played solely as a striker until the Everton game.

See, I think that a good manager doesn't even say this kind of thing publicly. No problem at all challenging Cisse to find his best, but why are you telling us?

“Sometimes with players you need to show loyalty and sometimes you need to show faith – I will always do that with my strikers.

“But there does come a point when I have to say ‘OK, let’s try something new.’ Shola is knocking on the door at the minute. He wants to have a go and that’s something I will need to look closely at over the next couple of games.”

I lose faith in the man when his idea of something new is putting a lesser player into the same system that has us flirting with relegation.

This I can agree with but we don't have many options.

Cisse has played far more games centrally than out wide. Why is anyone trying to claim he hasn't scored many because he is playing out of position? :lol:

It's another good chance to lay into our top scorer mind.