sunderland

JH

Im not in your petty little argument...dont drag me into it.

I was just f***ing about.

Absolutely it's petty. Which is the point Ive been TRYING to make

And you dragged yourself into it !  :rolleyes:  ;D

I made a cheeky quip and you bit.

Guest firetotheworks

By deeply divided I don't mean they're internally conflicted, I mean that half of them think he's a legend and half of them think he's a Nazi c***.

But thats just fans views on ALL players isn't it ? Remember some of the attitudes to Shearer in his last couple of seasons on N/cle forums ?

Some were furious that others adopted a "What have you done for me lately" approach to him - some even slagged him off when we went down, forgetting what he'd done for years.

DiCanio at Sunderland has already roused more interest in an already white hot game against them up here....

The difference being that those people were mildly upset over Shearer's hand rarely used for celebrating a goal in a sport and this is about people being upset over Di Canio's hand being used as 'sieg heil'

Colossal difference.

Guest Phil K

Well, I see it the other way actually. But never mind. No big deal.

You took it the wrong way.

You have jumped on your high horse and began lecturing other people.

Just because people tend to call parking wardens or whatever fascists it doesn't mean the dictionary definition becomes just someone who orders you about, man :lol:

'Well my neighbour's a Nazi but that could just mean he's very picky about spelling" :D

Guest bimpy474

By deeply divided I don't mean they're internally conflicted, I mean that half of them think he's a legend and half of them think he's a Nazi c***.

But thats just fans views on ALL players isn't it ? Remember some of the attitudes to Shearer in his last couple of seasons on N/cle forums ?

Some were furious that others adopted a "What have you done for me lately" approach to him - some even slagged him off when we went down, forgetting what he'd done for years.

DiCanio at Sunderland has already roused more interest in an already white hot game against them up here....

The difference being that those people were mildly upset over Shearer's hand rarely used for celebrating a goal in a sport and this is about people being upset over Di Canio's hand being used as 'sieg heil'

Colossal difference.

I thought the salute pre dated the Nazi's though......an Italian facist thing.

Guest firetotheworks

What are you on about man? :lol:

Well, no surprise you haven't a clue what the subjects are about.

I do, you've been shown to be wrong and you're just going for the petty angle. I have no interest in personal stuff. I just completely disagree with your views.

You think we should be mocking Sunderland for having a fascist manager. I'm saying that that's an oxymoron.

Guest bimpy474

is phil k trying to say that decaring yourself a fascist is technically not the same as declaring yourself a nazi or a rascist? 

'cause if so he's technically correct

Correct, and what a can of worms that opens.

is phil k trying to say that decaring yourself a fascist is technically not the same as declaring yourself a nazi or a rascist? 

I imagine it would be possible to be a fascist without being a racist. Certainly wouldn't be easy though.

Guest firetotheworks

Colossal difference.

I thought the salute pre dated the Nazi's though......an Italian facist thing.

Maybe so, but it's the whole connotation thing again, I think. The evolution of meaning and interpretation.

I imagine it would be possible to be a fascist without being a racist. Certainly wouldn't be easy though.

the origins of fascism were not based on race whatsoever

Putting a statement out about his politic beliefs etc today apparently.

Doesn't he have Il Duce tat on his back?

Il Deuce.

Is it not Dux? Which is Latin for The Leader (no definite article in Latin so the "the" is implied as Dux is nominative).

Guest Phil K

You took it the wrong way.

You have jumped on your high horse and began lecturing other people.

Lecturing ?  Hardly.

And what happened to "Not getting involved with...blah blah blah" ?

I said I couldn't understand the OTT response, and said we should take the p*ss, not get on high horses over his political views

You're not Icarus agreeing with himself are you ? (a common thing on some forums  !!!)  ;D ;D ;D

Il Deuce.

Is it not Dux? Which is Latin for The Leader (no definite article in Latin so the "the" is implied as Dux is nominative).

I was joking about our Deuce tbh.

Il Deuce.

I was joking about our Deuce tbh.

:lol: missed that but that tat is the Latin not the Italian iirc

It depends if you think the fascist position on nationalism, global expansion and ethnic identity are racist or not, doesn't it.

what does?

If you equate fascism with racism. Of course there are lots of aspects of fascism that have nothing to do with race which people take issue with anyway.