Rangers Newco

Decky

I know. Just mentioning it has happened within Scotland.

Yeah I know and it's terrible shame to the clubs who lost out.

I was just stressing the point that since it happened here with Wimbledon and making MK Dons out of them the FA won't allow it to happen ever again. Not a go at you, just like I said, stressing it won't be allowed to happen, even if Bury go for it (which from today's statements indicates they won't) then I could actually see the FA expelling them from the football league instead.

As has been said though theirs plans to give them a place in the Division one with a possible points peaty of up to 30 points with a feasibility of creating a Glasgow cup between them and Celtic in order to keep the Old firm games.

That would be terrible as well imo. It's just SPL style self preservation further down the leagues so that clubs like Partick can get a slice of the pie. Scottish football needs a proper pyrimid system like England. Rangers are a new club now, they should start where all new clubs do, at the bottom.

Guest neesy111

rumours that there'll be a compromise and rangers will be put in the scots first division.

Shit if they do, start at the bottom, it's the only way. It will just be like Juventus were relegated to Serie B for match fixing, they just placed them into a league where they would easily win and they would be straight back.

Completely different situations. :lol:

rumours that there'll be a compromise and rangers will be put in the scots first division.

Shit if they do, start at the bottom, it's the only way. It will just be like Juventus were relegated to Serie B for match fixing, they just placed them into a league where they would easily win and they would be straight back.

Completely different situations. :lol:

My point is if they are allowed in Division 1 then it will be like Juventus' season in Serie B when they just steamrolled their way back.

No surprise after that nutjob Romanov's comments.

Heard that Motherwell are gonna put it to their fans to vote.

Motherwell have asked their fans for their view but when I was reading their statement it seems to suggest they want their fans to vote yes and that they could still vote yes despite what their fans say.

I hope to fuck that in future the SPL put it in their rules that any Newco must at very least start in their lowest professional division. This is a shit position to put the chairman/boards of member clubs. Financially they hurt themselves by voting No. Yet vote yes and piss off your fanbase.

I hope to fuck that in future the SPL put it in their rules that any Newco must at very least start in their lowest professional division. This is a shit position to put the chairman/boards of member clubs. Financially they hurt themselves by voting No. Yet vote yes and piss off your fanbase.

It shouldn't even be up for debate, it should be a clear no, the SPL shouldn't even have to ask it's members how to vote.

They are going to end up just letting Dunfermline be club 12, Rangers have their one season in Division One and it'll be back to normal won't they. :(

Pretty much, it's quite possible that most of their players will be willing to sacrifice 1 season in Division 1, going down to Division 3 and it's unlikely. A 30 points deduction would practically mean they couldn't get promoted 1st time around but I doubt any points deduction that high would be given or upheld.

Hearts have confirmed that they will vote against voting them back in. 1 vote in, 7 to go.

Is that what their statement was about?  I must have lost the point somewhere between Romanov talking about mafia conspiracies and the bit where he called Rupert Murdoch an Aborigine.  He's obviously been sniffing Pritt Sticks again but fair play to him for voting No.

Motherwell have said they'll put the decision to their fans so that's 2 votes in.  And by the way it's not 7 to go, Rangers need 7 other clubs to vote Yes.  If Hearts and Motherwell vote No then only 3 more No votes are required.  Celtic will vote No so we're really only 2 votes away now.  It would take a U-turn of cosmic proportions for Hibs to vote Yes, so after them only 1 more vore is required.

Not looking too good for Rafackinpeepilbyraway.

Their fans seem to want Div 3 rather than the compromise of Div 1.

edit: Rangers fans I mean, not Killie

That's the impression i've got aswell.  I don't understand it though because if you listen to Rangers supporters then the SPL can't survive without them therefore there won't be an SPL by the time they get there.  Or maybe they were just talking bollocks as usual.

Div 1 is just bullshit. In fact the whole vote thing is bullshit. If they're a new club they should start at the bottom.

I'm gonna write to the spl and get them to vote on my sunday league team.

As someone mentioned a lot earlier in the thread, Rangers being 'hauled' out of the SPL may hurt Scottish football in the short term but in the long term it could benefit. Celtic all of a sudden become less of a pull for players, they may have to rely on their homegrown talent a bit more and Scottish players will get a bit more exposure at a higher level. I think players will see Celtic as less of an option next season without the big derby rather than with.

As someone mentioned a lot earlier in the thread, Rangers being 'hauled' out of the SPL may hurt Scottish football in the short term but in the long term it could benefit. Celtic all of a sudden become less of a pull for players, they may have to rely on their homegrown talent a bit more and Scottish players will get a bit more exposure at a higher level. I think players will see Celtic as less of an option next season without the big derby rather than with.

Surprisingly it was me who said that, I think it's pretty much echoed by everyone else though.