Will we qualify for the Champions League? Sadly not...

Rich

Guest VaVaVoom

well atleast we have a bigger chance of winning the Europa than CL  :yao:

In a way the Europa League would be better for that reason. We would have a genuine shout at winning it.

Cant deny seeing us in the CL would be amazing though. As would the money that comes with it.

Still...Level on points with Spurs a point ahead of Chelsea and 4 behind Arsenal with a game in hand. Its still very doable when you consider Spurs are away in their next two games, Chelsea play Liverpool away after us and the final.

In a way the Europa League would be better for that reason. We would have a genuine shout at winning it.

Cant deny seeing us in the CL would be amazing though. As would the money that comes with it.

Still...Level on points with Spurs a point ahead of Chelsea and 4 behind Arsenal with a game in hand. Its still very doable when you consider Spurs are away in their next two games, Chelsea play Liverpool away after us and the final.

that sounds like a mackemism to me. champs lge would be better as we get loads more cash for it meaning it's easier to keep our better players, much bigger draw for players we want and a bitter position for bringing in sponsorship etc.

Guest VaVaVoom

that sounds like a mackemism to me. champs lge would be better as we get loads more cash for it meaning it's easier to keep our better players, much bigger draw for players we want and a bitter position for bringing in sponsorship etc.

What! A mackemism?!

I would love to see us win the EL.

Ideal scenario would be qualifying for the CL, finishing third in the group and dropping out into the EL knock-out phase. Brings you the added revenue and glamour ties of the CL whilst it also allows us to play in a tournament we'd be much more competitive in and means we'd bypass the ridiculous early stages.

Ideal scenario would be qualifying for the CL, finishing third in the group and dropping out into the EL knock-out phase. Brings you the added revenue and glamour ties of the CL whilst it also allows us to play in a tournament we'd be much more competitive in and means we'd bypass the ridiculous early stages.

I suppose the 'ideal scenario' would be to qualify for the CL and then win it :laugh:

Guest BooBoo

Been a fairly horrible weekend. Not disasterous but I reckon we need at least 4 points from the next two games, a big ask.

Still not over lads, just a bit more difficult than it looked before the weekend. Perhaps not likely, but it's not finished.

Aye, a win against Chelsea and Bolton firing themselves towards safety against Spurs on Wednesday and we're back in control.

Unlikely, but possible.

I think we've fucked it by losing to Wigan. Obviously it's not over yet, but we're out of the top four now and I don't think we'll be back there unless we pull out a very unlikely win at Stamford Bridge. We needed the three points this weekend to keep up.

Still not over lads, just a bit more difficult than it looked before the weekend. Perhaps not likely, but it's not finished.

Aye, a win against Chelsea and Bolton firing themselves towards safety against Spurs on Wednesday and we're back in control.

Unlikely, but possible.

Yep. Their wins today were never in doubt.....we can beat Chelsea.

I think we've fucked it by losing to Wigan. Obviously it's not over yet, but we're out of the top four now and I don't think we'll be back there unless we pull out a very unlikely win at Stamford Bridge. We needed the three points this weekend to keep up.

I'm not sure how unlikely the win is at Stamford Bridge, I just don't rate Chelsea that much. I think there's a decent argument that we're pretty much their equal and we all know how many games they've got this week, I don't think our chances are that bad tbh.

Guest BooBoo

Pretty much how I see it. So disappointing to blow it against fucking Wigan. We really need a titanic performance on Wednesday and I've a feeling we've shot our bolt already. If supporting the club has taught me one thing, it's that we rarely pull off away wins against the odds. I'd love to be wrong but I think this has been a pivotal weekend.

Pretty much how I see it. So disappointing to blow it against fucking Wigan. We really need a titanic performance on Wednesday and I've a feeling we've shot our bolt already. If supporting the club has taught me one thing, it's that we rarely pull off away wins against the odds. I'd love to be wrong but I think this has been a pivotal weekend.

Agree with the two posts above.

Shame but this is the life of a NUFC Supporter.

Still a fantastic season and massive progress overall.

After our pasting at Fulham, we responded (in the league) with a dismal performance at Ewood Park, which we somehow won 2-0 (still confounded by it).

After our pasting at Spurs, we drew at home to Terry Connor's Wolves.

Don't think we respond quite as well to hammerings as we've been lead to believe! Add in that the next game is in London.. and the signs don't look good. Oh, and Torres is scoring again.

I'm not sure how unlikely the win is at Stamford Bridge, I just don't rate Chelsea that much. I think there's a decent argument that we're pretty much their equal and we all know how many games they've got this week, I don't think our chances are that bad tbh.

Chelsea's passing and movement is generally streets ahead of ours, and though the 3-0 scoreline at SJP was unjust in the end, it was in that game too. And so it should be, considering the money spent on their squad. Hopefully we'll put up a fight, but I think it'll be a reasonably comfortable win for them.

The good thing though is that it's basically our cup final. We need to go out there and get a point at the very least and the dream is still alive. All or nothing (relatively speaking!).

Fully agree that it's been a bloody fantastic season mind. Lots to be hopeful about and proud of. :indi:

Ability wise we're capable of doing it, mentality wise its looking very difficult & thats a huge part of the game as Wigan just showed us.

Certainly its in their favor going into it & Pardew will need to perform some impressive man management to get us back up for it. If ever theres a time the team could do it though, its a game of this importance. Ill have it as our best win of the season if we managed to pull it off.

Man U would have almost tied up the title before they got beaten by Wigan. Arsenal would have thought the same about tying up third place when they lost to Wigan. We're in good company losing to Wigan. For some reason Wigan always seem to play amazingly well at the end of every season.

Chelsea can rotate their first 11 substantially whereas we can't. They've almost got two teams. Abramovich is more interested in a top 4 finish and winning the Champions League than he is in winning the FA Cup. I could see Chelsea putting their best 11 available players out against us and rotating the team for the FA Cup final.

We're not out of it yet but if we don't make the top 4 we've still had a fantastic season and we know NUFC will be playing in Europe next season.

Agreed. That was the game we needed to win.

Either Chelsea or Spurs could still stumble, but not both.