Will we qualify for the Champions League? Sadly not...

Rich

Guest BooBoo

We still really haven't had a feather-in-the-cap away win this year. Who's the highest placed team we've beaten away? Tenth placed West Brom.

Would be an ideal time boys.

Well, that weekend was a bit of a disaster. :lol: Nearly everything that could go wrong, did. We're still in there with three games to go though which would've been completely unbelievable at the start of the season.

I think we've fucked it by losing to Wigan. Obviously it's not over yet, but we're out of the top four now and I don't think we'll be back there unless we pull out a very unlikely win at Stamford Bridge. We needed the three points this weekend to keep up.

I'm not sure how unlikely the win is at Stamford Bridge, I just don't rate Chelsea that much. I think there's a decent argument that we're pretty much their equal and we all know how many games they've got this week, I don't think our chances are that bad tbh.

Chelsea's passing and movement is generally streets ahead of ours, and though the 3-0 scoreline at SJP was unjust in the end, it was in that game too. And so it should be, considering the money spent on their squad. Hopefully we'll put up a fight, but I think it'll be a reasonably comfortable win for them.

The good thing though is that it's basically our cup final. We need to go out there and get a point at the very least and the dream is still alive. All or nothing (relatively speaking!).

Fully agree that it's been a bloody fantastic season mind. Lots to be hopeful about and proud of. :indi:

Fair enough, you're right about it being all or nothing like, we're guaranteed europe so let's just go and have a right go at them and see if we can catch them saving themselves for other games.

We may have slipped to 5th but we now have nothing to lose again. Pressure off :laugh:

I honestly think being 4th impacted our form, and Pardew's changed comments in the media. Not that I blame him, just think it had an effect.

As soon as we hit fourth, we had something to lose and we were being talked about.

Until last week, we were in the 'chasing pack'. Now we're back in there.

We may have slipped to 5th but we now have nothing to lose again. Pressure off :laugh:

I honestly think being 4th impacted our form, and Pardew's changed comments in the media. Not that I blame him, just think it had an effect.

Completely agree, i dont blame him for anything but i think Pardew should have kept playing it down like how Mancini is with the title for City.

Completely agree, i dont blame him for anything but i think Pardew should have kept playing it down like how Mancini is with the title for City.

tbf to him, it depends where you read. The clip I saw on Saturday morning was him saying "It looks like it's Europa League football for us next season, which is still a fantastic achievement"

You have to take into account the fact that Wigan were on fire. Everything they did came off. I doubt Pardew playing down NUFC going for 3rd or 4th would have made a difference to Wigan's performance. Would Cisse's two efforts against the woodwork have gone in if Pardew had downplayed our chances of a top 4 finish? I doubt it.

tbf to him, it depends where you read. The clip I saw on Saturday morning was him saying "It looks like it's Europa League football for us next season, which is still a fantastic achievement"

Yh true thats fair enough and its all true..... even if we lose our last 3 games its still fantastic season regardless.

No one should lose sight of that, be it the fans, the players, the coaches, the board etc etc.....

We have far exceeded expectations, so what ever happens iam happy.

Guest VaVaVoom

The players are not Top 4 players. I don't mean ability-wise, but none of them have been there before. It's all good experience.

In the PL aye but Coloccini, Santon, Tiote, Cabaye and Ben Arfa have all been in sides that have won things and been challenging at the top if not winning the league.

Guest Sophie S

I don't think this is how it's going to work. They know they've got a team coming up, which just qualified in the CL final and smashed QPR 6:1 (so much about them being tired...) and they know they should've won against Wigan. They had a wonderfull run, but this will have shaken them and it will be very hard (if not impossible) to return to the mindset of before.

I've given up.  :whatdidido:  Should've never believed in the first place. Now I want spend 3 game days being excited about Europa League again, please.