Will we qualify for the Champions League? Sadly not...

Rich

I totally disagree with this idea that Chelsea will play well against us. We may lose that game if we play REALLY poorly, but Chelsea will be holding back and be second rate. All of those players will want to play in the CL final (and the FA Cup Final) - this game, afterall, is what every player dreams of. For these players avoiding injury is going to be priority number one. If we come at them hard they will withdraw, play weakly, and lose.

Bayern at home in the league  PL16 W13 D1 L2 47:6 +41

Bayern at home in the CL        PL7    W7    D0  L0    21:4  +17

Aye, walk in the park for Chelsea.

Teams beaten including: Man City, Napoli, Real Madrid, Schalke, OM & Basle.

:notbad:

Bayern performed much better against the best team in Spain than Chelsea did against the second best. I'm not sure why people think Real would have more of a chance either when Bayern were better than them over the two legs.

Bayern have more tools to beat them than Barca. They've got a quality goalie, a proper striker, proper wingers, defenders, can play more than one way and haven't disappeared up their own arse.

And they're at home.

Bayern performed much better against the best team in Spain than Chelsea did against the second best. I'm not sure why people think Real would have more of a chance either when Bayern were better than them over the two legs.

Bayern have more tools to beat them than Barca. They've got a quality goalie, a proper striker, proper wingers, defenders, can play more than one way and haven't disappeared up their own arse.

And they're at home.

because they watch spanish football all the time and believe what they are told about some players being fantastic while others are crap because they've never heard of them.

on this note tonight was the first time i've really took note of gusatvo at munich.

And they're at home.

Completely agree, i said to some mates before the tie took place that i would'nt be suprised if Bayern win.... was consequently laughed at because they dont watch them.

I am highly confident Bayern will deal with Chelsea especially because of the reasons you mentioned the important one being they play more than one way and force Chelsea to defend in different ways.

Not to mention the fact they will be playing at home.

because they watch spanish football all the time and believe what they are told about some players being fantastic while others are crap because they've never heard of them.

on this note tonight was the first time i've really took note of gusatvo at munich.

Gustavo aint sadly playing the finale :\

Same as Alaba and badstuber..

Guest VaVaVoom

I actually think we will sneak 4th. COULD even overtake Arsenal in 3rd.

This weekend is massive, Wigan are fighting for their lives which should suit us really, them going for it will leave us space to counter attack and we all know we can score goals.

Should we get a win we put huge pressure on Chelsea and Spurs who play on Sunday.

Chelsea at home to an inform QPR who are still fighting to stay up, Spurs at home to Blackburn who would go above Wigan and out of the drop zone. Draws in both of these games would be massive though.

That said, we just need to take care of our own business and we will still be in 4th and at least 3 points clear with three to play. If results go our way, and they could, then all the better.

I would love Stoke to beat Arsenal at home, that would really make it interesting, unlikely though, Stoke have nothing to play for.

Guest Tyson

Appropriating half-spots, as a contingency plan in future, would address this issue (CL winners denying a 4th placed finish, or related finish, a spot in the CL).

My system: CL winning team is admitted as defending champions (if they fail to finish in the CL spots via league placing), but the league is awarded an additional half slot. Inturn the worst performing 'major' competion/league (from the current CL campaign) loses a half slot. For a spot in the CL qualification pool a sudden death tie on neutral ground then takes place, in a boutique 30-40k seater stadium. It would be a vitally important fixture, for the participants to close out their season with - make a date of it.

The weakest pre-final coefficent ranking, from the current CL campaign, would already be calculated, so the league that has lost it's half-slot would already be determined.

A club in our current predicament would already know its possible fate, in terms of a likely match-up for qualification, and solves the problem of being automatically robbed of a spot, by a team that has underwhelmed in domestic league play.

Well, those are the rules. Still don't care for it. 

Winning the World Cup doesn't automatically qualify you for the next tournament. Why should the Champions League or anything else be different? I could care less about seeing a team defend its crown.

If we beat Wigan, get something at Chelsea AND Spurs drop points then I'll start to believe we'll get 4th. It's not impossible but it's still a long shot given our run-in and the 4 games Spurs have.

We could lose all 4 games and still have had a superb season.

If we beat Wigan, get something at Chelsea AND Spurs drop points then I'll start to believe we'll get 4th. It's not impossible but it's still a long shot given our run-in and the 4 games Spurs have.

We could lose all 4 games and still have had a superb season.

Completely agree with all that. Really don't want to get my hopes up further and I am very happy with what we have now :)

Winning the World Cup doesn't automatically qualify you for the next tournament. Why should the Champions League or anything else be different? I could care less about seeing a team defend its crown.

Pretty sure it does.

Pretty sure it does.

Not any more. Brazil was the last, I think.