Team of the Year 2011/12

AlanSkÃrare

Guest MrSundlofer

Paul Scholes has started 9 games (+3 from the bench) for Manchester United this season and has been good. But you shouldn't be in the Team of the year with only 12 games played.

Fair enough, but he is the greatest player the PL has ever seen. Always counts for something.

Shouldn't in a team of the season :lol: Team of the PL, aye, he's a shoe in. Hell, even team of 2012 he would probably in most peoples team. But team of the season? Nah. No way he's in it. No way. Nah.

I don't think Manchester United win the League if Scholes doesn't come back. Has to be in team of the season.

That's a fair point. On this basis, I'm putting Cisse in my team. ;D

Got to say, I laughed when I first heard the news that Scholes was coming out of retirement. I thought it was a terrible move, I honestly thought that he was going to be a detriment to the Man U team (my main reason being that how could a 37 year old Paul Scholes possibly dictate play?) Obviously, I made a clear error in judgement. As soon as he got up to speed fitness-wise, Scholes really was like his old (brilliant) self. Fair play.

(Still can't tackle though :laugh:).

Krul

Richards    Kompany    Coloccini    Baines

Yaya Toure    Song

Dempsey          Silva        Rooney

Van Persie

BENCH: Hart, Ivanovic, Assou-Ekotto, Valencia, Bale, Ba, Aguero

Got to say, I laughed when I first heard the news that Scholes was coming out of retirement. I thought it was a terrible move, I honestly thought that he was going to be a detriment to the Man U team (my main reason being that how could a 37 year old Paul Scholes possibly dictate play?) Obviously, I made a clear error in judgement. As soon as he got up to speed fitness-wise, Scholes really was like his old (brilliant) self. Fair play.

(Still can't tackle though :laugh:).

He was great from the first game :lol: thought you were one of the smarter ones on here!

Just saw a stat that since Scholes come back, he has missed 3 games and Utd have lost all 3......

I do think it's safe to say ( not just based on this alone tho) that without Scholes coming back i dont think Utd would be 5 points clear.

Sooner or later they will have to replace him, good luck  :laugh: