Premier League 20 Seasons Awards

James

Ketsbaia celebration, Shearer's everton goal, the Man U 5-0, Shay Given's save and then for the team:

Schmeichel

Barton  Ferdinand  Bruce  Harte

Ronaldo  Scholes  Makelele Ginola

Shearer    Cole

I see there are going to be awards commemorating 20 years of the Premier League.

Alan Shearer has 4 nominations.

3 Newcastle games are up for best match.

Other nominations for Keegan, Given, Ketsbaia and Lua Lua for things they did at Newcastle.

Keegan's is for best quote though.. SSN have played it about 5 times already today

Harte ? ?

Strange choice.

Yeah, not really sure why. I couldn't remember how good some of the earlier ones were and I didn't want to go for Cole, Baines, Evra. Was more a random selection but I like Harte

Ketsbaia celebration, Shearer's everton goal, the Man U 5-0, Shay Given's save and then for the team:

Schmeichel

Barton  Ferdinand  Bruce  Harte

Ronaldo  Scholes  Makelele Ginola

Shearer    Cole

Ryan Giggs should be in here somewhere I think

Guest Roger Kint

Schmeichel; Neville, Campbell, Adams, Cole; Ronaldo, Scholes, Keane, Giggs; Henry, Shearer.

Something like that, no doubt forgotten someone obvious though.

I prioritised longevity. If a player was great in the Premiership for a long time then I picked him, which is why I couldn't pick Stam or van Nistelrooy even though their respective peaks are  pretty damn good. Shearer and Henry get in because they dominated the league and were here for ages. Ronaldo was spectacular so you have to stick him in. Scholes was a no-doubter, but it was Keane or Vieira for me and I had to go with Keane because he was here for so damn long. The toughest choice was Pires or Giggs but I went with Pires because his peak was magical.

In defence, Campbell and Ferdinand were the best at their position for a long period of time, so it was a no-brainer. Cole's the best LB I've seen in Premiership so it was obvious. The dearth of good RBs meant that there was only one choice.

I prioritised longevity. If a player was great in the Premiership for a long time then I picked him, which is why I couldn't pick Stam or van Nistelrooy even though their respective peaks are  pretty damn good. Shearer and Henry get in because they dominated the league and were here for ages. Ronaldo was spectacular so you have to stick him in. Scholes was a no-doubter, but it was Keane or Vieira for me and I had to go with Keane because he was here for so damn long. The toughest choice was Pires or Giggs but I went with Pires because his peak was magical.

In defence, Campbell and Ferdinand were the best at their position for a long period of time, so it was a no-brainer. Cole's the best LB I've seen in Premiership so it was obvious. The dearth of good RBs meant that there was only one choice.

You don't get more longevity than all 20 seasons

This is what I went for:

Best match - Liverpool 4-3 Newcastle

Best goal - Le Tissier v Blackburn (didn't think the choice was that great tbh)

Best celebration - Shearer, so iconic and was seen more than any other, Klinsmann is close.

Best save - Having watched them, Craig Gordon is probably the best.

Team:

Schmeichel

G Neville Adams Terry Cole

Cristiano Keane Gerrard Giggs

Shearer Henry

Sorry lot of players on the right wing, wanted to be able to put Gerrard there then Vieira or Scholes in the middle, all 3 have been infinitely superior than Cristiano Ronaldo over 20 years of the Premier League.

Surprised Solano isn't an option on the right wing, yet players like Young, Stone, Lennon and Joe Cole were. :blackeye: