The 2011-2012 Season - The best moments

bowlingcrofty

With the season coming to a close, i've just been watching a few highlights videos from this season, and there's so many classic moments from this season that had totally slipped my mind. Would be good to have a thread that people's stories, whether they be a moment on the pitch or their own peronal memories, are kept together.

I'll start off with one of my favourite moments of the season:

Barf going mental at Rooney at Old Trafford after he booted out at Coloccini while he was on the ground:

http://images.football365.com/11/11/640/manutd3_2683283.jpg

With the season coming to a close, i've just been watching a few highlights videos from this season, and there's so many classic moments from this season that had totally slipped my mind. Would be good to have a thread that people's stories, whether they be a moment on the pitch or their own peronal memories, are kept together.

I'll start off with one of my favourite moments of the season:

Barf going mental at Rooney at Old Trafford after he booted out at Coloccini while he was on the ground:

http://images.football365.com/11/11/640/manutd3_2683283.jpg

yep, that was great :thup:

Guest BooBoo

Ryan Taylor at the SOL. Feels like a lifetime ago (Barton started the game FFS!) but was such a great day and night. Still got the scar from falling over celebrating. Was right next to the mackems too which gave it a bit of spice.

Guest BooBoo

Actually, the five minutes after Ba's penalty at Old Trafford were great. Whole away corner dancing to the Demba song.

Guest BooBoo

When Cisse's goal against Villa shot in.  Knew we had something special.

Missed it. Was taking a slash at the time.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Away V Stoke

First game I started to believe it was more than just a flash in the pan

Full time after we beat the scum. The town was absolutely bouncing. Haven't seen it quite like that for years. In addition to that, the unveiling of the statue yesterday. Lady Elsies speech brought a tear to my eye. Talking about Bobby going to the game with his Dad and walking up that same stretch of road, and praising the current set-up (Pards nd the likes) I was so proud.

Watching dozens of blokes with their sons on their shoulders as she said that made me think of when I used to go up with my Dad, and made me think this is almost a duty to any Geordie. Newcastle should be it's own country like, if it was economically viable.

Being at a wedding when we beat Wolves 2-1 away and spending the afternoon ringing my mate for score updates. The missis wasn't best pleased. Oh well.

Best's goals vs Fulham and QPR when he did his superb skill to skin defenders :lol:

Guest BooBoo

Cisse's second against Liverpool.

Coolness personified they way he danced it around Reina.

Luis Suarez and the entire Liverpool side getting ridiculed from start to finish at St James'. Pards waving when we were singing "Dogleah give is a wave" too.

Guest BooBoo

At Man Utd when for an awful second I thought Hernandez had scored with the last kick....only to then see the linesman's flag.

... Shola's leveller v the mackems. Never have I celebrated a goal with such sheer mental relief.

And also Cabaye's free kick against rovers in the cup in stoppage time... jubilation in the stands.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

2-2 Spurs game.

Not the best obviously, but it was the first real test to see just how good we were in comparison to the teams at the top. We'd had all the talk about not being tested and this was the first chance to show we could compete. We did turn up and matched them, and the second half was great entertainment, Shola scored a great goal and we could have won it right at the death.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/11/01/article-2055959-0E9D6BC500000578-735_468x300.jpg

Just the fact that it was billed as a tough place to go, we kept our unbeaten run going, sitting nicely in the top 4 and had one of the best defensive records in the country. Great night.

Pretty much our whole home game versus man u, the game I wish I could have been at, instead I was ranting and raving at Shola starting ahead of Ben Arfa (as you can see, I am the 'angry' oliver in this gordiad minute by minute, http://bit.ly/KMoXGB)

Ben Arfa ripping West Brom to shreds was like the culmination of all his hype.

Seeing Ben Arfa's Blackburn and Bolton goals after the event with so much hype around them...both cases of ben arfa just deciding that he's had enough and going to go and win us the game.

Obviously Enrique in goal.

Ba bullying defence after defence into submission early on.

There are loads more lol