Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

De Jong and Anita get unfair stick when it comes to their ability to play football. Aye, they might not be at their best for us but if you're not used correctly and given confidence to play your best football, it's an uphill difficult task. Anita was awfully treated by Pardew, play well then dropped, play poorly and heavily criticised, long periods on the bench or always first off etc. Horrible. McClaren has shown more faith and Anita has improved for it but he shouldn't be in a two man midfield, especially not beside Colback.

Our fans are so quick to slag you off if you're not physically strong enough or quick enough for the best league in the world. It's bullshit tbh and it's a reason why England are dreadful at the big tournaments because we don't produce enough players with technical ability, which Anita and De Jong are naturals at. I couldn't question their technical ability and reading of the game. I'd take that over the the British bulldog spirit any day of the week.

Neither Anita nor De Jong (in his present state) would get near the English squad no matter what kind of game you want to play

And the argument kinda falls apart when you look at the current state of Anita and De Jong's national team...

I'm not saying they would given their current form. Their natural ability is what we lack in abundance over here though. It's the myth around the PL that is the problem.

Ozil's the best recent example. How much criticism he came in for. Questions around his physicality, his pace, his stamina, his athleticism. Now they're saying he's the best player in the league [emoji38]

Comparing Ozil to Anita or De Jong is hilarious

I've not compared them at all. I was questioning the PL and why people think pace is needed, or strength or height. Ozil was an example on how he had those thrown at him for a long time and he's put that theory to bed. For example I seen someone say in the Mitro thread that he probably won't make it because he has no pace :lol: Ffs man! You could flick a number examples out in this thread about Anita's height or strength. Go in the De Jong thread and be questioning how athletic he is for this league. The Premier League is nothing special, if you're technically gifted, in the right system, in the right team, playing with confidence, you'll be fine regardless if you lack pace, strength or height etc. Swansea did alright with Joe Allen, Leon Britton and Mark Gower.

IMO it's the ex-Ajax "Dutch international" that has given people the idea that he's good. Hollow words like "technical" are used to describe his playing style. I think that means "good first touch, can pass ball crisply 6 yards" that's what he's good at. He's as "technical" as Jermaine Jenas and is even less likely to impact a game.

If you'd seen him play - every week - for Ajax before he signed for us you would (it's hoped) have a very different opinion of Anita and what he can do.

The Ajax team of 2011-12 would, of course, have put six or seven past its NUFC counterpart.

I've not compared them at all. I was questioning the PL and why people think pace is needed, or strength or height. Ozil was an example on how he had those thrown at him for a long time and he's put that theory to bed. For example I seen someone say in the Mitro thread that he probably won't make it because he has no pace [emoji38] Ffs man! You could flick a number examples out in this thread about Anita's height or strength. Go in the De Jong thread and be questioning how athletic he is for this league. The Premier League is nothing special, if you're technically gifted, in the right system, in the right team, playing with confidence, you'll be fine regardless if you lack pace, strength or height etc. Swansea did alright with Joe Allen, Leon Britton and Mark Gower.

My problem with him is mainly his lack of being able to pass more than five yards not physicality

I've not compared them at all. I was questioning the PL and why people think pace is needed, or strength or height. Ozil was an example on how he had those thrown at him for a long time and he's put that theory to bed. For example I seen someone say in the Mitro thread that he probably won't make it because he has no pace [emoji38] Ffs man! You could flick a number examples out in this thread about Anita's height or strength. Go in the De Jong thread and be questioning how athletic he is for this league. The Premier League is nothing special, if you're technically gifted, in the right system, in the right team, playing with confidence, you'll be fine regardless if you lack pace, strength or height etc. Swansea did alright with Joe Allen, Leon Britton and Mark Gower.

My problem with him is mainly his lack of being able to pass more than five yards not physicality

Coloccini actually looks more threatening when he carries the ball forward and will usually spot and pick out a better pass. With Anita and Colback on the ball there's absolutely no threat.

As per my previous comment, that's utter bullshit. I've seen him play multiple, pinpoint 40-yarders out of midfield game after game for Ajax.

Your point stretches credulity even at SJP, though I can see where you're coming from, but in Anita we've procured, and ruined, yet another player. How that reflects poorly on Anita himself I know not.

As per my previous answer, that's utter bullshit. I've seen him play multiple, pinpoint 40-yarders out of midfield game after game for Ajax.

Your point stretches credulity even at SJP, though I can see where you're coming from, but in Anita we've procured, and ruined, yet another player. How that reflects poorly on Anita himself I know not.

He was up against piss poor opponents when he played for Ajax. They walk through most of their games having enjoyed 70-75% possession of the ball. Doesn't make him good enough to play in the Premier league and he's been found wanting at a higher level.

As per my previous answer, that's utter bullshit. I've seen him play multiple, pinpoint 40-yarders out of midfield game after game for Ajax.

He was up against p*ss poor opponents when he played for Ajax. They walk through most of their games having enjoyed 70-75% possession of the ball. Doesn't make him good enough to play in the Premier league and he's been found wanting at a higher level.

Aye, Feyenoord and PSV would never get near the EPL with luminaries like ourselves, villa, bournemouth and the mackems barring the way.

Found wanting? No. Played out of position, played fleetingly, Pardewed - yes.

If he were playing in an EPL team that wasn't the epitome of embarrassment then people would be singing a different song.

Anita's just another player who arrived and I was excited to see but has been destroyed. We have a nasty habit of signing young talented prospects and not utilising them correctly or playing to their strengths. This ends up with our own fans hating them and wanting them out the door. Mitro and Thauvin are the next couple to be subject of the abuse. It's started slightly already with fans turning on them.

He was up against p*ss poor opponents when he played for Ajax. They walk through most of their games having enjoyed 70-75% possession of the ball. Doesn't make him good enough to play in the Premier league and he's been found wanting at a higher level.

Aye, Feyenoord and PSV would never get near the EPL with luminaries like ourselves, villa, bournemouth and the mackems barring the way.

If he were playing in an EPL team that wasn't the epitome of embarrassment then people would be singing a different song.

Your average Eredivisie team (PSV and Ajax aside) would be League 1 standard. That's why they always go out of Europe early on. One of them even went out to a Scottish team last year (Aberdeen) and it's only ranked as Europes 9th strongest league these days. Believe me it's dross and being a good player there proves nothing, as we have found out.

Anita's just another player who arrived and I was excited to see but has been destroyed. We have a nasty habit of signing young talented prospects and not utilising them correctly or playing to their strengths. This ends up with our own fans hating them and wanting them out the door. Mitro and Thauvin are the next couple to be subject of the abuse. It's started slightly already with fans turning on them.

I was really excited when we signed him. I was living in Amsterdam at the time and working at the Arena for 90% of Ajax games and he caught the eye every game long before we picked him up and destroyed him as we have done to so many players before and since.

Anita was absolutely peerless in get-and-give, fast, strong in the tackle and his range of passing was phenomenal. Another roaring success for the NUFC 'coaching' and 'management' team.

Your average Eredivisie team (PSV and Ajax aside) would be League 1 standard. That's why they always go out of Europe early on. One of them even went out to a Scottish team last year (Aberdeen) and it's only ranked as Europes 9th strongest league these days. Believe me it's dross and being a good player there proves nothing, as we have found out.

Feyenoord, FC Twente and Alkmaar in League One?

Utter guff, as is all of your post, apart from correctly looking up the NL UEFA coefficient. How are PSV getting on in the Champions League, having lost three of their best players? They're not above the eliminated ManUre by any chance?

Oh, and which EPL side near the top of their game were put out of the UEFA Cup by AZ a decade ago? Bloody useless, those Dutch!

I was really excited when we signed him. I was living in Amsterdam at the time and working at the Arena for 90% of Ajax games and he caught the eye every game long before we picked him up and destroyed him as we have done to so many players before and since.

Anita was absolutely peerless in get-and-give, fast, strong in the tackle and his range of passing was phenomenal. Another roaring success for the NUFC 'coaching' and 'management' team.

Spot on. Still remember him coming on against Spurs and how excited I was that we had him. Such a shame how things turned out.

Our business that summer piled so much pressure on him with him being our only signing as well, worst thing about it was Pardew clearly didn't even want him.

Utter guff, as is all of your post, apart from correctly looking up the NL UEFA coefficient. How are PSV getting on in the Champions League, having lost three of their best players? They're not above the eliminated ManUre by any chance?!

Now you're really starting to show yourself up. Twente are 2nd from bottom in the league and could be relegated due to the financial crises they find themselves in and AZ are just a bottom half side nowadays. Be honest you'd struggle to name a single player from either team. Just go back the last few years and see how many clubs they've still had representing them in Europe after Xmas. You're totally clueless.

Utter guff, as is all of your post, apart from correctly looking up the NL UEFA coefficient. How are PSV getting on in the Champions League, having lost three of their best players? They're not above the eliminated ManUre by any chance?!

Now you're really starting to show yourself up. Twente are 2nd from bottom in the league and could be relegated due to the financial crises they find themselves in and AZ are just a bottom half side nowadays. Be honest you'd struggle to name a single player from either team. Just go back the last few years and see how many clubs they've still had representing them in Europe after Xmas. You're totally clueless.

Clueless is an apt adjective to anyone who fails to understand that (more-or-less) outside the 'big three' in NL, the rest of the Eredivise and roughly half of the Eerste Divisie is pretty fluid.

However, I can't be that clueless having done live ESPN commentary for the top two Dutch leagues for a season when my other half was working in Hoofddorp. I'll take ESPN's recommendation and the twice-weekly cheque over your ill-informed opinions if that's OK. Have you ever seen a game of football in The Netherlands?! Do tell.

Clueless is an apt adjective to anyone who fails to understand that (more-or-less) outside the 'big three' in NL, the rest of the Eredivise and roughly half of the Eerste Divisie is pretty fluid.

However, I can't be that clueless having done live ESPN commentary for the top two Dutch leagues for a season when my other half was working in Hoofddorp. I'll take ESPN's recommendation and the twice-weekly cheque over your ill-informed opinions if that's OK. Have you ever seen a game of football in The Netherlands?! Do tell.

I had a season ticket at PSV Eindhoven from 2005-2012 if that helps.

Spot on. Still remember him coming on against Spurs and how excited I was that we had him. Such a shame how things turned out.

Our business that summer piled so much pressure on him with him being our only signing as well, worst thing about it was Pardew clearly didn't even want him.

Yes, I think Carr wanted him because he was quality, without any idea of, or consultation with, the 'management' as to where he'd fit in.

He'd do well at a team where there were runners for him to pick out - one that plays football on the 'front foot' - i.e. not the abortion of Pardew/Carver/McClaren's team sides and 'tactics'.

It would if I believed you.

No wonder you hate Anita and Ajax :lol:

:lol: Actually don't mind Ajax. Used to have some great banter with them at Schiphol Airport. I remember one time flying back to Newcastle and Ajax had just beaten PSV 5-1 in Eindhoven and one of them noticed my PSV shirt (away one I refused to wear the home one for obvious reasons) and I've never taken stick like it in my life. They were pulling me out of the security queue to laugh at me and everything. All good natured banter though. Feyenoord on the other hand........

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/dutch-supporters-boost-sir-bobbys-1471152

Keep digging.

It's missing the parts where you identify as 'James Kidd' and that you had a season ticket at PS all, let alone seven years.

Keep trying.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/dutch-supporters-boost-sir-bobbys-1471152

Keep digging.

It's missing the parts where you identify as 'James Kidd' and that you had a season ticket for seven years.

Keep trying.

Keep digging.

It's missing the parts where you identify as 'James Kidd' and that you had a season ticket for seven years.

Keep trying.

Aye no doubt they've got loads of PSV season ticket holders living in Wallsend who are the same age as me. Also the fact I directed you to that link in a matter of seconds should be a dead giveaway. I've made a mug of you, time to let it go now.

Keep digging.

Keep trying.

Keep digging.

Keep trying.

Aye no doubt they've got loads of PSV season ticket holders living in Wallsend who are the same age as me. Also the fact I directed you to that link in a matter of seconds should be a dead giveaway. I've made a mug of you, time to let it go now.

Who's 'me'? What age is 'wallsend mag'? Whose to say you don't have a friend who goes/went? I know plenty who go to de Kuip. Where is 'seven years' mentioned?

You're right, it's definitely time to let it go now. Go into a pub and spin that yarn with a bunch of strangers, let alone a court, with that 'evidence', and they'd still be laughing now.