Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

This probably needs to stop, gents. You're not going to agree and it's at risk of getting very personal.

All I can offer is confirmation that Wallsendmag is who he says he is.

Appreciate your input also.

I think some of the finer details need to be revised, however.

I have deleted my previous post.

What the fuck's going on here?

I wasn't impressed when we went for Anita and I'm still not. He's not the type of player who I expected to adapt well to this league. He's still miles better than Colback though and would probably be of much more use in a league where they play actual football, like La Liga.

What the f***'s going on here?

I wasn't impressed when we went for Anita and I'm still not. He's not the type of player who I expected to adapt well to this league. He's still miles better than Colback though and would probably be of much more use in a league where they play actual football, like La Liga.

What's going on? A difference of opinion that has been reined in and one that the two protagonists have subsequently discussed in private.

I agree with your second sentence to an extent. That is to say, I am convinced that Anita would show what in my opinion is his undoubted quality if he had not been managed by three of the poorest quality men ever to carry that mantle at SJP. Even McFaul would have better known how to use Anita than Pardew/Carver/McClaren.

What the f***'s going on here?

Agree, sorry in 3 years of playing here all he has done in the main is be part of a midfield duo which is dominated game after game. He is better than Colback though but that just fully illustrates the dire standard of players within that central midfield role. He cannot physically dominate in that role and we also need a lot more than a player who can pass the ball 10 yards in either direction.

One of the worst midfield performances this season was against Leicester when Tiote went off and Gini moved inside alongside Anita. It was horrific. Anita looks slightly less shit when someone is there wiping his arse. Take that away and he is like a rabbit caught in headlights. We need one good player in there to do the job of Anita and Colback, you can't count on either of them to step up and take control.

Tiote wiping his arse?, Tiote couldn't wipe his own arse.  He's completely brainless, and Colback's non existent.  They looked like the chuckle brothers against West Brom when Tiote came on for Anita, literally tripping over each other FFS!  As someone mentioned earlier, its going to be interesting (painful but interesting) to see the state we're in if Anita isn't fit and we have to field Tiote and Colback together for a few games.

One of the worst midfield performances this season was against Leicester when Tiote went off and Gini moved inside alongside Anita. It was horrific. Anita looks slightly less shit when someone is there wiping his arse. Take that away and he is like a rabbit caught in headlights. We need one good player in there to do the job of Anita and Colback, you can't count on either of them to step up and take control.

Tiote wiping his arse?, Tiote couldn't wipe his own arse.  He's completely brainless, and Colback's non existent.  They looked like the chuckle brothers against West Brom when Tiote came on for Anita, literally tripping over each other FFS!  As someone mentioned earlier, its going to be interesting (painful but interesting) to see the state we're in if Anita isn't fit and we have to field Tiote and Colback together for a few games.

Aye we'll probably start losing games or something

Guest reefatoon

Are you suggesting Anita has stopped us getting thumped every week by even bigger margins? Find it all completely baffling about some people's views on Anita, like he is some midfield supremo. It's Pardew's fault, it's Carvers fault, it's McClaren fault, it's Colback's fault, it's Tiote's fault. The list is endless. Like I said earlier, the most horrific midfield performance was against Leicester, when he had to try and do that holding job all by himself when we had no one else to hold his hand in there. No one to blame his performance on then either. But, he played for Ajax and is tidy eh. Anyway, bored of talking about the little non entity now. I am just hoping the midfield is mixed up a little now or even better, we bring in someone competent and capable, but that will be wishful thinking.

This thread is a bit of if a car crash. We paid 8 Milliion for a player who would struggle to get into an Umpa Lumpa best 11. Colback aint up to what we need but to suggest that Anita can be anything other than a Jack Russell biting at the opposition ankles is just bollocks.

There are games this season where he has been outstanding and attributed to us winning games in what I believe to be a major way.

Hes probably the best that we have for that position unless Tiote can stay fit enough to build some kind of form, but in a perfect world he wouldn't be starting games for us, not by a long way.

I do admire his 100% effort every game though, and its not just a myth either like Colbacks supposed efforts.

All in all hes got a good game in him but overall not good enough if we were interested in progressing. But we aren't.

Outstanding is too strong, he's had a couple good games. To be outstanding at CM you must dominate or show high class, instead he's competed well at best. His best games he's imposed himself on matches but I don't think he can physically do that consistently. Games he's been first to the ball more times than not. I don't think he's good enough off the ball for that to be why he's in the team (long term).

Out for another 3 weeks.

:lol:

"the club have indicated they have no intentions in signing any new players for midfield positions because they have enough on the books already"

lee ryder, 9th January 2016

WTF is Ryder talking about? Our main links has been with Shelvey and Saivet. The bloke is special! How the fuck he works in journalism but amazingly how the fuck does he keep his job!!

Out for another 3 weeks.

"the club have indicated they have no intentions in signing any new players for midfield positions because they have enough on the books already"

lee ryder, 9th January 2016

WTF is Ryder talking about? Our main links has been with Shelvey and Saivet. The bloke is special! How the fuck he works in journalism but amazingly how the fuck does he keep his job!!

Are you suggesting Anita has stopped us getting thumped every week by even bigger margins? Find it all completely baffling about some people's views on Anita, like he is some midfield supremo. It's Pardew's fault, it's Carvers fault, it's McClaren fault, it's Colback's fault, it's Tiote's fault. The list is endless. Like I said earlier, the most horrific midfield performance was against Leicester, when he had to try and do that holding job all by himself when we had no one else to hold his hand in there. No one to blame his performance on then either. But, he played for Ajax and is tidy eh. Anyway, bored of talking about the little non entity now. I am just hoping the midfield is mixed up a little now or even better, we bring in someone competent and capable, but that will be wishful thinking.

Pretty simple what I'm suggesting like.  That as bad as we've been having a even worse player in his place (like Tiote is 90% of the time) would make us even worse (of course Colback is the worst of the lot but apparently he has to be one of the two starters :().  Rest of your post has nowt to do with me as at no point have I ever claimed he's a really good midfielder let alone "supremo".  He's just less shit than the rest.