Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

Guest Roger Kint

So we wont pay enough, a couple of million again.

Only we could get a billionaire owner and have him be the tightest cunt on the planet :lol:

Are you replying to the article above? It doesnt mention us paying enough :lol:

Only we could get a billionaire owner and have him be the tightest cunt on the planet :lol:

???

"We are told the main obstacle is whether cover is brought in by Monchengladbach to let him go"

Guest bimpy474

Oh yeah, sorry Rog. The one above that about the £1m loan fee and then £6m permanent. When we were willing to pay £12m 18 months ago.

Guest Roger Kint

Oh yeah, sorry Rog. The one above that about the £1m loan fee and then £6m permanent. When we were willing to pay £12m 18 months ago.

Ah right, so many conflicting reports about it. Fwiw i think any hold up on that would be their side of it rather than ours(assuming we do want him) as its very much in our favour not theirs.

We were willing to pay £10.6million for Bryan Ruiz at one point. O0

...as for Maiga.

Christ I'm not even sure we'd get more than £7m for Cisse these days. :(

Guest bimpy474

We were willing to pay £10.6million for Bryan Ruiz at one point. O0

...as for Maiga.

Christ I'm not even sure we'd get more than £7m for Cisse these days. :(

Aye, i cant see us spending more than £6-7m on a player. It just doesn't seem us right now. All the noises out of the club are about how good and deep our squad is, when we know that is total bollocks.

Guest bimpy474

Ah right, so many conflicting reports about it. Fwiw i think any hold up on that would be their side of it rather than ours(assuming we do want him) as its very much in our favour not theirs.

Well with our previous i'm leaning toward the story about us being tight, us tight ? never :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Well with our previous i'm leaning toward the story about us being tight, us tight ? never :lol:

As if we would be too tight to pay £1m or whatever. People take this too far at times :lol: If he scores 5 goals hes a bargain compared to playing Shola

Guest bimpy474

As if we would be too tight to pay £1m or whatever. People take this too far at times :lol: If he scores 5 goals hes a bargain compared to playing Shola

Wont be a million, it'll be a bit more than that. They want what they paid, we're what....£5m below that so you can see the sticking point.

Although i think you're under or is it over estimating the tightness of our owner :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Wont be a million, it'll be a bit more than that. They want what they paid, we're what....£5m below that so you can see the sticking point.

Although i think you're under or is it over estimating the tightness of our owner :lol:

We dont know what they want though, no team on the planet will pay what you suggest so calling us tight for not being complete fucktards is a bit harsh :lol:

I dont think they are 'tight' as such, just completely unaware of how football works in terms of paying more than you feel a player is worth and what is needed. They know we have the bare minimum to stay up so job done basically.

Guest bimpy474

We dont know what they want though, no team on the planet will pay what you suggest so calling us tight for not being complete fucktards is a bit harsh :lol:

I dont think they are 'tight' as such, just completely unaware of how football works in terms of paying more than you feel a player is worth and what is needed. They know we have the bare minimum to stay up so job done basically.

That's the thing isn't it, the 'we have our valuation'. Then we wont budge at all. So frustrating as a fan.

I'm so excited, the 48 hrs are up which means Luuk must have signed by now, so I have jumped straight into this thread to read all about it.

reading...

still reading...

read a bit more....

gah!  :rant:

Guest Roger Kint

That's the thing isn't it, the 'we have our valuation'. Then we wont budge at all. So frustrating as a fan.

Its the businessman in him, no flexiblity to adapt to a different market. Of course employing someone who knows the football business would solve this.......and this twat picks JFK :rolleyes:

Guest bimpy474

Its the businessman in him, no flexiblity to adapt to a different market. Of course employing someone who knows the football business would solve this.......and this twat picks JFK :rolleyes:

:lol: dear god, the man is business savvy but by christ that was one mad decision.

Guest Roger Kint

I'm so excited, the 48 hrs are up which means Luuk must have signed by now, so I have jumped straight into this thread to read all about it.

reading...

still reading...

read a bit more....

Problem solved :lol;

Football ITK ‏@FootballITK90 1h

Rumour has it, Luuk De Jong is in Tyneside today to complete a loan move to #nufc with an option to buy for €12m in the summer

Guest Roger Kint

:lol: dear god, the man is business savvy but by christ that was one mad decision.

Its like a fucking Dolan story ffs :lol:

As United allowed Jonas Gutierrez to depart for Norwich City on loan, The Journal also understands that Newcastle’s negotiations with Luuk de Jong’s club Borussia Monchengladbach have reached an impasse.

United want to strike a loan deal worth around £1m for the 23-year-old – with a view to a £6m permanent deal in the summer.

I'd take him just on loan for 5 months tbh, we badly (IMO) need someone else that can play upfront. Couldn't give a s*** if it's improving him for another club in the long run.

Aye i'm the same.

Its the businessman in him, no flexiblity to adapt to a different market. Of course employing someone who knows the football business would solve this.......and this t*** picks JFK :rolleyes:

Is the problem the Business Man in Ashley, or the Fan in us?  Paying whatever it takes to get a signing is Shepardesque or Sunderlandesque.  Getting held to ransom by other clubs simply raises the amount we pay, and decreases our ability to buy players with the ability we need.  Of course, there are exceptions to be made, but not every player is that exception.

Guest Roger Kint

Its the businessman in him, no flexiblity to adapt to a different market. Of course employing someone who knows the football business would solve this.......and this t*** picks JFK :rolleyes:

Is the problem the Business Man in Ashley, or the Fan in us?  Paying whatever it takes to get a signing is Shepardesque or Sunderlandesque.  Getting held to ransom by other clubs simply raises the amount we pay, and decreases our ability to buy players with the ability we need.  Of course, there are exceptions to be made, but not every player is that exception.

Theres a 20 mile gap between those two scenarios, surely you can see it?

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Actually if there is a move for DeJong I see it being permanent instead of a loan move. M'Gladbach are serious contenders for CL football qualification for next season . Having an out-of-favour 12M striker comes at the wrong time for them. His value is falling day by day and maybe they need to invest in other players to keep they CL push alive. Selling him may seem like a huge loss for them but if you look at the Liverpool/Carroll situation it can be a good thing writing off some of the money spent on a useless asset and working the rest elsewhere.

reading...

still reading...

read a bit more....

Problem solved :lol;

Football ITK ‏@FootballITK90 1h

Rumour has it, Luuk De Jong is in Tyneside today to complete a loan move to #nufc with an option to buy for €12m in the summer

:indi:  :frantic:

Guest bimpy474

What Roger said like...

Theres a 20 mile gap between those two scenarios, surely you can see it?

I do see it......but I also see it as a gray area (not black or white) and the question about where black turns to white is somewhere in the gray area.

What I hope is that the club do make some exceptions where they see true value.......and then hold firm on some of the others which are a bit more "Meh" such as perhaps Gomis.  I think this is happening (but we just don't see the wheels churning).

I do believe that we are more on the side of "opportunistic" and "value driven" than the "just pay a bit more to get the player signed".