Alan Pardew

Dave

Why does he have to wait until we're behind to get the right players on the pitch?

Tiote has been playing good recently and you still need a defensive midfielder. Gouffran has been a starter for a good reason.

Pardew made a tactical change to go for more offensive setup since a draw was not good enough at home against a poorish side like Stoke.

He definitely doesn't have the team playing to it's potential. You can liken it to a lesser version of Chelsea who have fantastic players but look awful as a collective due to the manager. If he stays he really needs to add to his coaching staff so they can do the things that he can't with the players.

I was thinking about the comparison with Rafa myself tbh. Chelsea have looked shit ever since he went there with his miserable football philosophy.

If that's what passes for a good performance these days then that tells you all you need to know. We were clearly the better team but you'd see more spark at an ME disco.

My thoughts exactly.

Agree. I´m dying here trying to understand how happy most in here are after that shit display.

Not many teams play well against Stoke tbf.

We never play particularly well, it's just better some weeks than it is others.  But then again, you'll know that if you have eyes.

We've been better lately, as I said before the game.  However the point is that the football is tedious, there's no dynamism there whatsoever.  Just pointing out that I'm bored of watching it, I've been watching us for 20 years and I don't see much point watching us when this is the best football we're aiming for.

Not that I'll stop watching us or anything, I'm just saying I'm not particularly happy about it. :lol:

Also just to reiterate to dcmk, you're an absolute WUM for coming out with something like "Maybe because you can't play really well every week?"  Don't insult the basic perceptive skills of people who have been going to/watching the match for years and know when the football's shite every week.

:thup: for all I will give Pardew credit for turning us around from the ridiculous slump he put us in we still look a very average side, and our creativity is pretty much non-existent. We'll flourish against attacking sides as there's space in the game for the pace and power of our individual players to shine through, but against an organised and well drilled side we have no answers.

Guest Dontooner

We never play particularly well, it's just better some weeks than it is others.  But then again, you'll know that if you have eyes.

We've been better lately, as I said before the game.  However the point is that the football is tedious, there's no dynamism there whatsoever.  Just pointing out that I'm bored of watching it, I've been watching us for 20 years and I don't see much point watching us when this is the best football we're aiming for.

Not that I'll stop watching us or anything, I'm just saying I'm not particularly happy about it. :lol:

Also just to reiterate to dcmk, you're an absolute WUM for coming out with something like "Maybe because you can't play really well every week?"  Don't insult the basic perceptive skills of people who have been going to/watching the match for years and know when the football's s**** every week.

:thup: for all I will give Pardew credit for turning us around from the ridiculous slump he put us in we still look a very average side, and our creativity is pretty much non-existent. We'll flourish against attacking sides as there's space in the game for the pace and power of our individual players to shine through, but against an organised and well drilled side we have no answers.

Good stuff written, we indeed play better against attacking teams.

We are a defensive minded team that since the inclusion of Sissiko and Gouff learnt how to play counter attack.

BBC report says we deservedly won.

We did?

Of course we did. Apart from the lucky penalty they scored from else not even in a 100 years they would have scored.

Stoke's plan was just to park the bus and they did limit is to few chances but definitely we were the better side by a mile.

Also just to reiterate to dcmk, you're an absolute WUM for coming out with something like "Maybe because you can't play really well every week?"  Don't insult the basic perceptive skills of people who have been going to/watching the match for years and know when the football's s**** every week.

You mean like Stoke, the anti-christ of teams ???

That Stoke that we beat today btw.

Guest Dontooner

Just to add in our attacks, we put plenty of crosses into the oppositions but they are poorly time and floated in like our set pieces.

If only Pardew did something to these crosses apart from wanting to put in a big man at the front again.

Probably put in like 20-25 today none of them looked remotely dangerous.

Since Sissoko, Gouffran & Mbiwa have came into the squad we're 4th in the form guide. If we'd played the first 6 games of the season like this in August, after just adding those three, I think we'd be very optimistic. Players gelling, adapting to English football, showing a resolve to come back from behind to win games, playing well in spells, we'd be raving about the potential.

Unfortunately I think the form November to January has ruined the faith a fair few have in Pardew, fair enough I guess.

Set pieces would still be shit though.

Unsurprisingly you've missed the point.

Can't really fault him the last two games.I just think we, and the quality of the squad , deserve a better quality manager. He's very negative and he reacts to situations rather than being proactive and creating favourable situations.. I think most of us would have hauled off Papiss today...he didn't...and was proven correct to have done so. I'd say more by luck than judgment personally, but I know there are some who would disagree with that.

Since Sissoko, Gouffran & Mbiwa have came into the squad we're 4th in the form guide. If we'd played the first 6 games of the season like this in August, after just adding those three, I think we'd be very optimistic. Players gelling, adapting to English football, showing a resolve to come back from behind to win games, playing well in spells, we'd be raving about the potential.

Unfortunately I think the form November to January has ruined the faith a fair few have in Pardew, fair enough I guess.

Set pieces would still be shit though.

I cannot really complain about the results, they've been good since the new arrivals, we just still look very poor in the final 3rd.

EDIT: See today, we won the game with the only 2 clear chances on goal that I can remember.

One of those workmanlike wins today, a lot missing, but he got Haidara and Marveaux onto the pitch (and removed the garbage Tiote) at the right time and it impacted the game. He has to get credit for that as much as he gets criticism for the general limpness and lack of cutting edge today.

Fair play for sticking with Cisse too, I for one would have removed him far earlier in the game.

Agree word for word. There was plenty that Pardew did well today as well as things that could be considered bad.

Think some are using their general dislike for the man as a reason to bash him, but to be honest, today was an ok days work, nothing more nothing less.

Nah. Worst N-O cliche going.

Set pieces would still be s*** though.

I cannot really complain about the results, they've been good since the new arrivals, we just still look very poor in the final 3rd.

Fair do, we are averaging 2 goals a game in that run too mind. ;)

Sorry, it's hard finding a point in amongst the interminable shite you post. e.g. "The ridiculous slump he put us in"

One of those workmanlike wins today, a lot missing, but he got Haidara and Marveaux onto the pitch (and removed the garbage Tiote) at the right time and it impacted the game. He has to get credit for that as much as he gets criticism for the general limpness and lack of cutting edge today.

Fair play for sticking with Cisse too, I for one would have removed him far earlier in the game.

Agree word for word. There was plenty that Pardew did well today as well as things that could be considered bad.

Think some are using their general dislike for the man as a reason to bash him, but to be honest, today was an ok days work, nothing more nothing less.

Nah. Worst N-O cliche going.

Sort of implies we have days where we're not workmanlike against poor opposition.

Sorry, it's hard finding a point in amongst the interminable shite you post. e.g. "The ridiculous slump he put us in"

http://i.imgur.com/7Na8e0W.png

If that's not a ridiculous slump then perhaps you could clarify what one is.

Some of the comments in here are just ridiculous such as "Pardew was lucky", "he got out of jail", "we played crap". It feels

Some people would rather see us loose so as to see the back of Paredw.

Guest palnese

http://i.imgur.com/7Na8e0W.png

If that's not a ridiculous slump then perhaps you could clarify what one is.

Yet we're sitting 13th. Incredible :lol:

Some of the comments in here are just ridiculous such as "Pardew was lucky", "he got out of jail", "we played crap". It feels

Some people would rather see us loose so as to see the back of Paredw.

Are you saying any of that is untrue today?

I don't want to see the back of him and I don't think many people have actually suggested that (unless we have some awesome replacement lined up) I just think we still look very disjointed in attack, which is incredibly annoying when you look at the players we have at our disposal.