Alan Pardew

Dave

Yet we're sitting 13th. Incredible :lol:

Just goes to show how poor much of the league is, and just how bad you have to be to in genuine relegation trouble.

the most boring comment that goes around here. Maybe we just have a good squad that should have been higher up? Maybe the league is quite even.

We never play particularly well, it's just better some weeks than it is others.  But then again, you'll know that if you have eyes.

We've been better lately, as I said before the game.  However the point is that the football is tedious, there's no dynamism there whatsoever.  Just pointing out that I'm bored of watching it, I've been watching us for 20 years and I don't see much point watching us when this is the best football we're aiming for.

Not that I'll stop watching us or anything, I'm just saying I'm not particularly happy about it. :lol:

Also just to reiterate to dcmk, you're an absolute WUM for coming out with something like "Maybe because you can't play really well every week?"  Don't insult the basic perceptive skills of people who have been going to/watching the match for years and know when the football's s**** every week.

:thup: for all I will give Pardew credit for turning us around from the ridiculous slump he put us in we still look a very average side, and our creativity is pretty much non-existent. We'll flourish against attacking sides as there's space in the game for the pace and power of our individual players to shine through, but against an organised and well drilled side we have no answers.

You mean like Stoke, the anti-christ of teams ???

That Stoke that we beat today btw.

Unsurprisingly you've missed the point.

Sorry, it's hard finding a point in amongst the interminable s**** you post. e.g. "The ridiculous slump he put us in"

http://i.imgur.com/7Na8e0W.png

If that's not a ridiculous slump then perhaps you could clarify what one is.

It's the "he put us in" that's the shite, the slump is not open to contention.

Our attacking play is so frustrating.

We just can't get the simple stuff right at times - pass and move, pass and move.

Sissoko/Tiote got the ball today and every fucker froze. It was unreal. We rely too heavily on individual moments of skill - we really need to work on the "team" bit.

Ultimately 2 wins and a draw in 13 league games is the managers doing. We were quite unlucky with injuries and our reserve personnel isn't the greatest but we could still put our a decent side every week (comparatively at least). It's a tired point anyway, but I cannot take anyone seriously if they fail to acknowledge that he completely fucked up hard and often there.

I think he was on about the 'he put us in' part, not the fact of the slump.

Who put us in it then?

Obviously Pardew takes his share of the blame along with the ownership, players and injuries/circumstances.

Logically then Pardew only takes his share of the praise for turning it around along with the ownership, new players and lessening injuries etc.

We were mostly shit this season, then we got some new players and some injuries cleared up and we haven't been as shit since. I'm not particularly on either 'side' here because I'm perfectly prepared to see what happens next season and think some go too far, but it's not hard to see why people are continually cynical about Pardew's management ability. If things had turned around without an influx of new players, there wouldn't be half as much cynicism.

Who put us in it then?

Obviously Pardew takes his share of the blame along with the ownership, players and injuries/circumstances.

Logically then Pardew only takes his share of the praise for turning it around along with the ownership, new players and lessening injuries etc.

We were mostly shit this season, then we got some new players and some injuries cleared up and we haven't been as shit since. I'm not particularly on either 'side' here because I'm perfectly prepared to see what happens next season and think some go too far, but it's not hard to see why people are continually cynical about Pardew's management ability. If things had turned around without an influx of new players, there wouldn't be half as much cynicism.

That is absolutely 100% spot on.

Guest loven Mag 11

Now came from behind against Chelsea, Soton and Stoke. Atleast we have some fight again. Does Alan get praise for this?

Who put us in it then?

Basically. He just appears to be phenomenonally mediocre based on the style he has produced consistently snce being here.

Guest palnese

Now came from behind against Chelsea, Soton and Stoke. Atleast we have some fight again. Does Alan get praise for this?

Yes, but Southampton and Stoke are teams we should beat, even though we go one down.

We still play just as many long balls as we have done all season IMO, it isn't as irritating when Cabaye does it because he's a lot more accurate than Williamson but ultimately it isn't a great deal more effective.

Whenever he gets it, first thought is always to try and clip it in behind for Cisse or Gouffran to run onto. It's incredibly predictable.

Who put us in it then?

That is absolutely 100% spot on.

Sure, I agree with all of that as well. I don't think Pardew is an amaing manager by any means. But I also value stability and the players seem to be behind him, so my preference is to stick with him for next season.

Who put us in it then?

Basically. He just appears to be phenomenonally mediocre based on the style he has produced consistently snce being here.

The key point is that he is a defensive coach and will never morph into a attacking/creative one. Then again a lot of coaches are defensive. You can see that he didn't start Marv today our most creative option (I rate him higher than Cabaye for killer passes).

We still play just as many long balls as we have done all season IMO, it isn't as irritating when Cabaye does it because he's a lot more accurate than Williamson but ultimately it isn't a great deal more effective.

Whenever he gets it, first thought is always to try and clip it in behind for Cisse or Gouffran to run onto. It's incredibly predictable.

It frustrates me that there is very rarely an option for a cutback (Sissoko has started pulling up short coming into the box and scored from it). Today the pitiful floating the ball into the arms of their keeper (13times) was really depressing.

Perhaps the opposition were just very good at stifling us today? We have good footballers, yes, but it's not that simple, as different players suit different scenarios and styles. I'm not convinced Sissoko suits the AM role in matches like that for example, I think he's an excellent player, but his talents don't always lend themselves to such tight scenarios. I think he'd have had more joy running from deep with more options ahead of him.

My only criticism of Pardew today was keeping Gutierrez on over Gouffran, in fact starting Gutierrez at all.