Alan Pardew

Dave

Look up negativity bias instead

Fair enough if you're saying you dont mind us playing poorly to get points. Lets give the side time to work though before judging, people get to far ahead of themselves.

Well, Nice result bad opponent. Really good to see pardew going with 4-3-3...hope it continues. Tiote, Anita, cabaye can do the job....bigi and Jonas, perch and gosling as subs. Ferguson and probably ba and obertan Can play lw....bur prefer a good signing for the position.

Obertan played well and showed how he can be used. Still Bordeaux were really poor. But glad to see him doing well, i have been hard ón him lately.

Nice we kept possesion and the Ball ón the deck...we should really develop this style and formation....we have the players suited for it.

Happy for fergusons assist, what a great goal by cisse. I know it was offside, but you dó not see many strikers score ón chances like that, impressive for a man out of form  :lol:

Also Nice to see cabaye dó Well, but cheap background as there wasn't much pressure ón our midfield.

Good result

Think Anita isnt living up to the bill as of yet. Willing him to give him a season to get to grasps with the teams style and the pace and physicality of the league. At the moment he either hangs onto the ball too long and get tackled, or misplaces a hoofed ball forward. Lots of improvement in him.

Think Anita isnt living up to the bill as of yet. Willing him to give him a season to get to grasps with the teams style and the pace and physicality of the league. At the moment he either hangs onto the ball too long and get tackled, or misplaces a hoofed ball forward. Lots of improvement in him.

I thought he had one of his better games yesterday but that might be down to playing against a European team. He looks a good player technically, I still feel he might get lost in the Premier where the midfield battles are played at breakneck speed.

On the game itself, we were definitely looking to play more passing football against Bordeaux and we looked twice the side for it. If Pardew could get us doing this more regularly in the premier I'd have no complaints. And I don't believe you need Tiote and Cabaye to do it, although obviously we'll miss their quality when they are out. We just need good formations with full belief in the way we want to play football.

He hasn't adapted to the speed of the premier league yet, but it may take time. He looked fine at RB I thought. He's obviously great technically. Friend said he gave away the ball too much yesterday which I wasn't sure about

This might be harsh, but I'm putting a large part of our performance down to how bad Bordeaux were. We did have the ball a lot, and sometimes looked really good, but looking at the stats they had more shots and 7 corners to our 1. We obviously took our chances when they didn't but as positive as I feel about Sunday, it'll be like playing a completely different sport.

We played a largely counter attacking game though, which is how we played in that great run last season. We'd often have less possession and conceed more corners etc but we were very clinical and sped up the pitch rather than hoofing it up. We didn't hoof it much and we were nervous at the back. We didn't fashion all that many chances but we converted enough. I think considering the lack of Ben Arfa for one it was reasonably encouraging. It was by no means a 5 star performance but it was a decent enough one played in the right way

This might be harsh, but I'm putting a large part of our performance down to how bad Bordeaux were. We did have the ball a lot, and sometimes looked really good, but looking at the stats they had more shots and 7 corners to our 1. We obviously took our chances when they didn't but as positive as I feel about Sunday, it'll be like playing a completely different sport.

I dont think so, Reading and Norwich werent anything special but we still managed to put it pretty awful performances without being able to string three passes together. Last night we played some decent stuff on the deck, couple of nice interchanges. Cabaye made a massive difference to us. Was a decent performance and a confidence booster ahead of Sunday.

We played a largely counter attacking game though, which is how we played in that great run last season. We'd often have less possession and conceed more corners etc but we were very clinical and sped up the pitch rather than hoofing it up. We didn't hoof it much and we were nervous at the back. We didn't fashion all that many chances but we converted enough. I think considering the lack of Ben Arfa for one it was reasonably encouraging. It was by no means a 5 star performance but it was a decent enough one played in the right way

We just can´t bossing games.

Though that the first 20 was just what I wanted to see. Definitely the best 20 minutes for the season. Then suddenly we stopped playing and Bordeaux got invited to start creating chances while we just was defending - Why?!

We were the much better team. Still we just can´t control a game at home. I just can´t get this, and never will.

But maybe I just should be happy that we tried to play and that players like Cabaye really was up for it?

Though that the first 20 was just what I wanted to see. Definitely the best 20 minutes for the season. Then suddenly we stopped playing and Bordeaux got invited to start creating chances while we just was defending - Why?!

We were the much better team. Still we just can´t control a game at home. I just can´t get this, and never will.

But maybe I just should be happy that we tried to play and that players like Cabaye really was up for it?

We just need to build play up nice and steady, requires quite a lot of movement from midfield to try and destroy the other teams shape which ultimately creates chances. With Cabaye, Anita, Ben Arfa we should be able to pull players out of position to create space for others. We did well in parts last night and Cabaye's ball to Obertan was sublime.

Not many teams will dominate a match for the whole 90minutes. There's always going to be spells where the opposition have a say. Overall we were the better side and never seriously looked troubled.

I dont think so, Reading and Norwich werent anything special but we still managed to put it pretty awful performances without being able to string three passes together. Last night we played some decent stuff on the deck, couple of nice interchanges. Cabaye made a massive difference to us. Was a decent performance and a confidence booster ahead of Sunday.

Reading and Norwich weren't as lifeless as Bordeaux. Maybe we were playing with a bit more carefree freedom than we do in the league but I can't see us doing that in our next 4 league games.

And ATB is mental.

Not many teams will dominate a match for the whole 90minutes. There's always going to be spells where the opposition have a say. Overall we were the better side and never seriously looked troubled.

Spot on. Pressing teams isn't always the best way to go. You need good defenders with pace to be confident to throw men forward for a start. No problem with us sitting back and knocking it about as long as we don't resort to hoofing it under pressure.

Your lack of understanding never ceases to amaze.

It's worrying that he's apparently studying/teaching in the field of sports science too.

The more he can learn the better really.

I found it quite strange he didn't celebrate the first goal, but did for the 2nd (3rd also?). Maybe he had a strong word with the team on what he expected from the game. Really happy with him tonight though, team and tactics seems spot on

Thought Bordeaux were very poor, have to agree with Jack Flash on that. When we went to 4-4-1-1 Anita played RM and didn't get in the game much, wouldn't blame him for that though. He'll come good, good skill set and athletic ability and seems smart enough, will just take a season to adjust.

Could see what Cisse's natural game was today when he went central. I'm going to stick my neck out and say i don't think Cisse and Ba will ever form good partnership. Ba needs someone to run the channels and make a nuisance of themselves like Best did and Cole before him, Cisse looks like he'd benefit from genuine No. 10 for a partner and Ba's isn't that kind of player. They've not sacrificed their game to get it working for Senegal and i don't see them doing it here.

Our problem is we don't have an ideal partner for either of them.

It's worrying that he's apparently studying/teaching in the field of sports science too.

I found it quite strange he didn't celebrate the first goal, but did for the 2nd (3rd also?). Maybe he had a strong word with the team on what he expected from the game. Really happy with him tonight though, team and tactics seems spot on

He's talking about ATB.

He's talking about ATB.

:lol:

Of course we won´t play like Barca. But don´t be silly. Against Bordeaux, and how bad they were compared to the PL teams we have been playing, we should be able to control the game better, no matter what you says.