Alan Pardew

Dave

We look like what we are; a collection of very good players. We scrape by due to their individual ability but there's no cohesion, understanding or variety of tactics. We don't look like we train at all and this is the first time the players have seen each other all week. Those problems are the manager's job.

exactly, perfectly put, pardew's just not good enough

One of those workmanlike wins today, a lot missing, but he got Haidara and Marveaux onto the pitch (and removed the garbage Tiote) at the right time and it impacted the game. He has to get credit for that as much as he gets criticism for the general limpness and lack of cutting edge today.

Fair play for sticking with Cisse too, I for one would have removed him far earlier in the game.

Guest Dontooner

Job done, should have won more comfortably.

Needs to really put some tactics into his game plan, when team's sitback and defend against us ,we have found it really hard to break them down. He needs to improve as a manager.

I'm not going to get too furious with him, we were so bad in final third but they were pretty well drilled, going to be tough to get through. Tiote pen wasn't legislatable apart from dropping him, which I wouldn't have done cos his form was on the up.

We need Cisse back firing on cylinders and Ben Arfa as well to really get through such a commited defence and most teams we'll play against will be more ambitious than stoke.

We created next to nothing and was mostly shit. But aye he´s great.

Get to fuck. :lol:

We were largely shite but his subs were well timed and correctly placed; Haidara had a good impact down the left and Marveaux set up the winner. Tiote was shit and got subbed and his faith in Cisse was rewarded with the winner. If you're going to have a go at him for the mess we got in, he has to get equal praise for getting us out of it.