Alan Pardew

Dave

Who do people think Benfica are anyway, that they are simply too great to be beaten 2-0 away from home in Europe? They are a very good team, but it's not like they're world class. They are not incapable of being beaten. They looked shaky defensively every time we attacked them, but unfortunately that's not saying much given we barely even f***ing tried to attack them.

This. We beat Man U 3-0 at home why wouldn't we be able to beat them 2-0?

:lol:

You laughing? Read the last pages, people make it out like it was impossible to beat Benfica 2-0 ffs.

Only Barcelona have done that this season. Barcelona for f***s sake. One of the best club teams to grace the game.

You're f***ing mental :lol:

Right. And only Cit beat Man U by more than three goals last season. Not even Real did it this season. What's your point? Calling me mental for?

Actually why even respond when you're clearly delusional?

Don't think he did a lot wrong other than starting Bigi today. We were only really out of this tie in the 180th minute.

Starting Bigi was the equivalent to shooting yourself in the foot before kick off. You can't say he didn't do a lot wrong when the starting line up included four central midfielders in a home tie we needed to win 2-0.

We're not as good as Barcelona, so we had no chance. With this logic we wouldn't go out of the cups to lower league opposition every fucking year. :lol:

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/amen.gif

Let's think about the alternative that we go more attacking the first half, score and concede on the break, we'd be fucking raging. After he first leg it wasn't the right approach and I honestly think Pardew had the right idea.

No one is saying we should have gone all guns blazing though. But we should at least have put out a side that could cause them some problems in the first half. He could have put Sissoko on the right and had Shola up front with Cisse instead of Bigi for example. His over-cautious line ups kill our self belief IMO. You could see the team and crowd came alive once we brought on our quality attackers.

And he'd have had the brain trust on here that he was playing Sissoko out wide (I can see it now, "he's not a winger man!") and Shola was getting a game at all (choose your variation on "useless plank").

I'd rather have Sissoko out wide than Bigirimana any day of the week.

We're not as good as Barcelona, so we had no chance. With this logic we wouldn't go out of the cups to lower league opposition every f***ing year. :lol:

If this was football I'd tag that David Icke Son or whatever. Perfect for this post.

We're not as good as Barcelona, so we had no chance. With this logic we wouldn't go out of the cups to lower league opposition every fucking year. :lol:

Jesus wept, that's not what I'm saying at all. The point I'm making is that we are simply not good enough to go out and play one of the best teams in Europe off the park. The idea a 2-0 scoreline was a piece of piss to attain and Pardew's tactics are to blame for the QF exit is the type of chatter that should get you committed to Cherry Knowles it's that batshit crazy.

I'm not sure Marveaux could hack three 90 minutes in a week. Ben Arfa was never going to start, which leaves Obertan (not even on the bench) or Gosling (no comment). Bigi was a strange choice but if Perch wasn't fit enough I'm not sure who else he could turn to.

Jesus wept, that's not what I'm saying at all. The point I'm making is that we are simply not good enough to go out and play one of the best teams in Europe off the park. The idea a 2-0 scoreline was a piece of piss to attain and Pardew's tactics are to blame for the QF exit is the type of chatter that should get you committed to Cherry Knowles it's that batshit crazy.

Good job I said nothing of the sort then.

We're not as good as Barcelona, so we had no chance. With this logic we wouldn't go out of the cups to lower league opposition every f***ing year. :lol:

Jesus wept, that's not what I'm saying at all. The point I'm making is that we are simply not good enough to go out and play one of the best teams in Europe off the park. The idea a 2-0 scoreline was a piece of p*ss to attain and Pardew's tactics are to blame for the QF exit is the type of chatter that should get you committed to Cherry Knowles it's that batshit crazy.

Actually that was exactly what you were saying. Well done in taking it back.

How man, there is a huge difference between playing a tactically intelligent game, with controlled possession, not getting caught on the counter attack and that complete dross that was served up in the first half.

Again Pardew isn't capable of that and besides Benfica are much better at us than that and have players more suited to that if we played like that we would have conceded more than once.

We cannot control a game against them, i agree we were shite in the first half but despite all that we limited them to very few chances and had a few ourselves.

Football at this level is down to fine margins and unfortunately those margins went against us in key moments.

If Cisse didn't hit the post twice, Santon didn't pass back to Krul and Saylor stupidly hand ball in the first leg it could have all been so different same in the second leg.... if Cisse was more intelligent on the offsides, if Shola didn't fall over and if Ben Arfa didn't blast over....

We were one of these things going our way from a semi final berth, we all know Pardew isn't good enough but as far as i'm concerned over the two legs he didn't get anything drastically wrong for this reaction.

Who do people think Benfica are anyway, that they are simply too great to be beaten 2-0 away from home in Europe? They are a very good team, but it's not like they're world class. They are not incapable of being beaten. They looked shaky defensively every time we attacked them, but unfortunately that's not saying much given we barely even f***ing tried to attack them.

You laughing? Read the last pages, people make it out like it was impossible to beat Benfica 2-0 ffs.

Only Barcelona have done that this season. Barcelona for f***s sake. One of the best club teams to grace the game.

Right. And only Cit beat Man U by more than three goals last season. Not even Real did it this season. What's your point? Calling me mental for?

Is there an ignore button on here? Seriously? I can't cope with this every time we don't win. It's like holding a conversation with my 2 year old niece.

Mole, come on, that's what many of us are trying to say. He's incapable of managing so why do some still want him at the club? It's not about tonight, it's about the path we are taking with him as our manager.

Is there an ignore button on here? Seriously? I can't cope with this every time we don't win. It's like holding a conversation with my 2 year old niece.

There is. Do ignore. I find it hilarious, that when you lose an argument and realize how fucking stupid it sounded you take that route. :clap:

Guest bimpy474

Is it really so hard to imagine us approaching the game more positively, without this meaning going bat shit gung ho, fuck a rubber duck, like a boss mental.

Mole, come on, that's what many of us are trying to say. He's incapable of managing so why do some still want him at the club? It's not about tonight, it's about the path we are taking with him as our manager.

I'm on about tonight though and the first leg to some extent, everyone knows we need an upgrade.

everyone knows we need an upgrade.

No they don't. :lol:

I think they do. Just a lot are unsure we're able to get an upgrade in.

There is, and you're two year old niece must be very intelligent.

I think they do. Just a lot are unsure we're able to get an upgrade in.

Fair enough. I know many on here don't though. There's the mould of Yorkie, Dave and so on who are undecided and agree with Mole. But thee are some who defend Pardew and thinks he's done nothing wrong this season.

Aye, only cos Krul dropped it at the bloke's feet. They troubled us little other than that. They're always going to get a chance or two, not realistic to expect otherwise whether you choose to attack or defend.

If we'd scored earlier on and they equalised on 20 or 30 minutes we would have had 60 or 70 to try and get another 2.  As it turned out we left it late to score and when they equalised it was game over because we had 4 minutes of injury time to try and get 2 goals.

I was just thinking before how the haters remind me of my 2 year old daughter. :lol: