Alan Pardew

Dave

"Yes, it's been a very poor season. Newcastle have lost HALF of their league games, seven at home. They've exited both cups at the first hurdle, in meek fashion. They have leaked goals, turned in passion free performances and lacked a bit of heart at times.

And yes, they were crucified by Sunderland at home in the North East derby.

But sack the manager?"

Err, yes? :lol:

"Yes, it's been a very poor season. Newcastle have lost HALF of their league games, seven at home. They've exited both cups at the first hurdle, in meek fashion. They have leaked goals, turned in passion free performances and lacked a bit of heart at times.

But sack the manager?"

:lol: He didn't set up his argument very well did he?

But sack the manager?"

:lol: He didn't set up his argument very well did he?

That whole article seems like it's taking the piss man :lol:

The Newcastle United staff have a theory...
:lol:

As many mistakes as he's made this season, I still feel our pitiful summer really handcuffed him. Even though I've said that I want him gone ASAP, I wouldn't mind giving him one more season, just because his relationship with the board is good and he's got them spending some money.

For once, I'm actually not worried about us buying has-beens and overrated British players. Finally, we seem to have a proper scouting system and seem to be spending money on good players. That is something that Pardew deserves some credit for. I'm scared that if we bring in a Frenchy, that he won't get along well with Llambias, then we'll have loads of other problems.

Pardew's not great tactically, although I feel some on here overstate how bad he is. His relationship with the players is however quite good. He speaks too much for my liking but that's a personality thing - some people just don't know when to shut up, they don't like the silence - so I haven't paid too much attention to his words. He doesn't look like he's good under pressure so our bad start really snowballed on him. Maybe if we were safer, he wouldn't have to be so conservative.

All in all, I'm still not sure I completely want him gone. I don't think he's good enough now but managers can change and grow with players. He's had one really good season and one really bad season. One more season wouldn't be something that I'd be completely against.

Feel pretty much the same as the above comment.

Think I'm the same. The Sunderland game was unforgivable though. :undecided:

He definitely hasn't had an easy ride but he's shown enough to suggest that we would be far better off with a new man at the helm (obviously dependant on who we can get). Not that I have any real worries if he stays, I think we'll spend again in the summer and he'll be OK, he'll just always be holding us back, we've outgrown him.

I don't see why Pardew deserves credit for our scouting system though? Not that I don't believe he has a say in our transfers, I just think he's very replaceable in that regard. Again though any new man coming in would have to accept that he won't have 100% control over that area, something Pardew does without complaint.

Guest Howaythetoon

Sorry but Pardew is a worse manager than Souness. You can talk all about man management skills and team spirit etc. but Pardew has bullshitted and winged his way through those areas of management thus far in his time at Newcastle. Slowly but surely however his true self is being exposed and the truth is coming out loud and clear. He is a shit manager. As bad as Souness and for my money actually worse than the Scotsman.

Souness was what he was, a disciplinarian, someone who didn't care too much for tactics. Someone who put his entire faith into his "proper players" working their bollocks off etc. When that didn't work he had nothing to offer, to change things, to turn things around. It was that or nowt as we found out to our cost.

Pardew however, is a fraud. Someone who would like everyone to believe that he is some cool, street smart modern manager with his Winston Churchill/inspirational quotes plastered onto training ground walls, African food days in the canteen or a shelf in his office full of psychology books. In truth, he is a patter merchant, a trickster, a fraudster.

He doesn't have a clue about tactics nor much else when it comes to team development and coaching. Just because he has read a few psychology books, uses inspirational quotes from others and likes to set up team bonding days and such means jack shit when your team are losing games and playing poor football. All that nonsense will not win you games and get your team playing good football.

Those 'tricks' work wonders when you're doing well but in reality all they are and ever will be is gimmicks.

Pardew last season was hailed as a good man manager and a good man motivator but with his hands in his pockets at SJP last week while our closest rivals ran riot on our home turf he looked like the insipid clueless figure that he really is once that mask of his starts to slip, that cockney wide boy/new man about time persona he has carefully manipulated to become. That famous team-spirit has disappeared too.

I've never seen such a worse succession of football matches than what he has served us up with this season in all my time supporting NUFC. I've seen worse individual matches and worse individual performances but not in such a consistently awful fashion as this season. We have been utter turd all the way through from every aspect of our play.

Defending? We can't defend for shit? Attacking...? Please :lol: Set penises? He should be sacked for those alone. Our home form? Our away form? We haven't even had a win over the mackems to celebrate like we normally do. Everything about this team, our season and our football is absolutely hopeless.

What compounds matters worse is that unlike under Gullit, Souness, Roeder, Big Sam and even KK/Kinnear/Shearer there is a very good team in there somewhere with some very good players. Players that should be doing much better than merely staying up.

He is an abomination of a manager our performances and results reflect that.

If we do not get rid of him this summer we will ruin another season next year, guaranteed.

There is a saying that everyone gets their 15 minutes of fame... well last season was Pardew's 15 minutes of fame.

Your time is up Alan, sling your hook!

I think what worries me most about that article is that, if the theory is indeed true and thats genuinely what our staff think is the solution to our set piece problem, we are in dire straights.  After however many games without a goal from a corner, the best they can come up with is "we need big men to cause havoc" absolutely stone age. Horrendous

I think Evra has scored atleast twice this season from headers direct from corners. One of those against us :lol: I have to laugh or i'd cry because our manager and coaching staff are a joke.

Sorry but Pardew is a worse manager than Souness. You can talk all about man management skills and team spirit etc. but Pardew has bullshitted and winged his way through those areas of management thus far in his time at Newcastle. Slowly but surely however his true self is being exposed and the truth is coming out loud and clear. He is a s*** manager. As bad as Souness and for my money actually worse than the Scotsman.

Souness was what he was, a disciplinarian, someone who didn't care too much for tactics. Someone who put his entire faith into his "proper players" working their bollocks off etc. When that didn't work he had nothing to offer, to change things, to turn things around. It was that or nowt as we found out to our cost.

Pardew however, is a fraud. Someone who would like everyone to believe that he is some cool, street smart modern manager with his Winston Churchill/inspirational quotes plastered onto training ground walls, African food days in the canteen or a shelf in his office full of psychology books. In truth, he is a patter merchant, a trickster, a fraudster.

He doesn't have a clue about tactics nor much else when it comes to team development and coaching. Just because he has read a few psychology books, uses inspirational quotes from others and likes to set up team bonding days and such means jack s*** when your team are losing games and playing poor football. All that nonsense will not win you games and get your team playing good football.

Those 'tricks' work wonders when you're doing well but in reality all they are and ever will be is gimmicks.

Pardew last season was hailed as a good man manager and a good man motivator but with his hands in his pockets at SJP last week while our closest rivals ran riot on our home turf he looked like the insipid clueless figure that he really is once that mask of his starts to slip, that cockney wide boy/new man about time persona he has carefully manipulated to become. That famous team-spirit has disappeared too.

I've never seen such a worse succession of football matches than what he has served us up with this season in all my time supporting NUFC. I've seen worse individual matches and worse individual performances but not in such a consistently awful fashion as this season. We have been utter turd all the way through from every aspect of our play.

Defending? We can't defend for s***? Attacking...? Please :lol: Set penises? He should be sacked for those alone. Our home form? Our away form? We haven't even had a win over the mackems to celebrate like we normally do. Everything about this team, our season and our football is absolutely hopeless.

What compounds matters worse is that unlike under Gullit, Souness, Roeder, Big Sam and even KK/Kinnear/Shearer there is a very good team in there somewhere with some very good players. Players that should be doing much better than merely staying up.

He is an abomination of a manager our performances and results reflect that.

If we do not get rid of him this summer we will ruin another season next year, guaranteed.

There is a saying that everyone gets their 15 minutes of fame... well last season was Pardew's 15 minutes of fame.

Your time is up Alan, sling your hook!

Stopped reading.

I think what worries me most about that article is that, if the theory is indeed true and thats genuinely what our staff think is the solution to our set piece problem, we are in dire straights.  After however many games without a goal from a corner, the best they can come up with is "we need big men to cause havoc" absolutely stone age. Horrendous

I think Evra has scored atleast twice this season from headers direct from corners. One of those against us :lol: I have to laugh or i'd cry because our manager and coaching staff are a joke.

I'm getting tired of seeing Evra used as an example. He's a fucking excellent footballer, a brilliant header of the ball and on the end of world class deliveries.

Exactly. This is why I can't agree with the people who are willing to give him next season to see if he can turn it around. He's had 2 and a halfish seasons to put it right, but we are going backwards in terms of style of play and effectiveness.

Souness showed how quickly you can destroy a good team with just a few departures and bad signings. This talk (if true) of "big men" doesn't sound like a man who is trying to implement a style of play that suits the majority of our players.

We will not be the only ones who notice this, our better players won't hang around for ever playing hoofball and fighting relegation.

Sorry, for me he has to go at the end of the season.