Alan Pardew

Dave

Seriously though, is there another manager that repeatedly and publically licks his owner's arse even half as much as Pardew, in particular for NOT decimating his squad through sales? We're slap bang in the middle of the off-season in terms of transfers; we literally couldn't get much further away from the subject and yet he brings it up almost every week. I don't know what he's trying to gain by it.

His comments regarding Ashley are pretty much parody at this point.

Top 3 are City, United and Chelsea in any order you like and 4th at the moment i'd say is between Arsenal and Spurs....

I have said many times i don't think they are much better than us at our best if at all the problem we have not seen our best since demolishing Stoke at the end of last season.

I think top 4 would have been very do-able if we actually got the players we wanted in the summer in fact i would have been confident of it.

The points total isn't so great to totally rule it out 4 points off Spurs who have hardly been impressive but i really can't see it.

I'd bite your hand off for a deep run in Europe or/and FA Cup and 7th tbh.

Top 3 are City, United and Chelsea in any order you like and 4th at the moment i'd say is between Arsenal and Spurs....

I have said many times i don't think they are much better than us at our best if at all the problem we have not seen our best since demolishing Stoke at the end of last season.

I think top 4 would have been very do-able if we actually got the players we wanted in the summer in fact i would have been confident of it.

The points total isn't so great to totally rule it out 4 points off Spurs who have hardly been impressive but i really can't see it.

Yep, that would be a good season for us. Whether it'd be enough to convince these players who apparently believe they could play for a top four side to stay at the club is another question, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

The funny thing is that Pardew keeps going on about 4th as a genuine target and yet if any of the fans said the same they'd be shouted down as typically deluded and with unreasonable expectations etc. We signed one fucking player for the first team in the summer, and he's featured in about half the games so far. That's not the actions of a team trying to improve on their league position and take one of the biggest steps forward possible.

4th. :lol:

Would (genuinely interested) like to see Moyes comments during his time at Everton, they have been equally restricted, maybe even more so, he probablt hasn't been quite as complimentary but equally he wasn't pulled out of the wilderness for a big managerial job or given a huge contract.

Pardew does come out with some mental comments but 'towing the company line' is hardly a new thing for someone in his position in whatever business you are in, either is claiming things will be better than they are (tempered at times by downplaying things).

Just seems like anything he comes out with now is jumped upon. For the majority of last season he was claimed to be lucky or berated for not playing Ben Arfa, who has since praised Pardew's handling of him (what an arse licker). This season he is again lucky, an arse licker and won't play 4 fucking 3 fucking 3!!!

I don't agree with everything he does but last season's top 5 finish, highest points total for however many years and winning manager of the season won him about 4 games breathing room with quite a few fans, I have noticed stating that has become a bit of a joke for some reason.

Yep, that would be a good season for us. Whether it'd be enough to convince these players who apparently believe they could play for a top four side to stay at the club is another question, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

The funny thing is that Pardew keeps going on about 4th as a genuine target and yet if any of the fans said the same they'd be shouted down as typically deluded and with unreasonable expectations etc. We signed one f***ing player for the first team in the summer, and he's featured in about half the games so far. That's not the actions of a team trying to improve on their league position and take one of the biggest steps forward possible.

4th. :lol:

Aye that's my concern as well the only real saving grace there is that they are all on big contracts so in theory we could use the money to go on again.

But you never know under Ashley how much of that will actually be used.

Would (genuinely interested) like to see Moyes comments during his time at Everton, they have been equally restricted, maybe even more so, he probablt hasn't been quite as complimentary but equally he wasn't pulled out of the wilderness for a big managerial job or given a huge contract.

Pardew does come out with some mental comments but 'towing the company line' is hardly a new thing for someone in his position in whatever business you are in, either is claiming things will be better than they are (tempered at times by downplaying things).

Just seems like anything he comes out with now is jumped upon. For the majority of last season he was claimed to be lucky or berated for not playing Ben Arfa, who has since praised Pardew's handling of him (what an arse licker). This season he is again lucky, an arse licker and won't play 4 f***ing 3 f***ing 3!!!

I don't agree with everything he does but last season's top 5 finish, highest points total for however many years and winning manager of the season won him about 4 games breathing room with quite a few fans, I have noticed stating that has become a bit of a joke for some reason.

What is this shit? Can you not construct a point or make a legitimate argument? All you have done (and constantly do) here is reduce ample legitimate reasoning to a few sarcasm ridden words.

BenArfa praised Pardew? So? What is your point? people say he has been lucky? so, what is your point? people say he has been lucky this year? so, what is your point? are you trying to say we were not lucky against WBA for example?

Try and put some thought and perhaps even some content into your posts because you really should win an award for posting the most words without actually saying anything.

It's a discussion forum, these are quotes he's freely given to the BBC. Saying he genuinely believes the side can go one better than last year's fantastic season is surely worthy of discussion? ??? He's the one saying the team can do even better; the criticism heightens if they don't.

I just find it astonishing that he can come out with this within the same interview:

But when asked if they could finish in the top four this time, Pardew said: "Yes I do. I genuinely do. I still think we are in a good position."

"We don't sell anyone cheap. Whoever we sell will be at the right price for us to move forward. It is the only way we can compete."

So we need to sell for good fees (ie our best players) in order to compete... er, except from this summer when we didn't sell anyone *hurrah, praise to Lord Mike* and can compete anyway. Okay.

He's talking shite. :lol:

Just seems like anything he comes out with now is jumped upon. For the majority of last season he was claimed to be lucky or berated for not playing Ben Arfa, who has since praised Pardew's handling of him (what an arse licker). This season he is again lucky, an arse licker and won't play 4 f***ing 3 f***ing 3!!!

What is this shit? Can you not construct a point or make a legitimate argument? All you have done (and constantly do) here is reduce ample legitimate reasoning to a few sarcasm ridden words.

BenArfa praised Pardew? So? What is your point? people say he has been lucky? so, what is your point? people say he has been lucky this year? so, what is your point? are you trying to say we were not lucky against WBA for example?

Try and put some thought and perhaps even some content into your posts because you really should win an award for posting the most words without actually saying anything.

Feel like I am copying you but what a shit post.

Pardew got relentless shit for his treatment of Ben Arfa, then Ben Arfa praises him for it and his workrate improves which is really beneficial = Pardew fucking up?

He has been lucky for one season and 9 games = this actually equals luck?

Pardew got relentless shit for his treatment of Ben Arfa, then Ben Arfa praises him for it and his workrate improves which is really beneficial = Pardew fucking up?

Spudil's hilariously aggressive assault aside, I have to take issue with this Ben Arfa quote business.

Just because HBA is happy with how Pardew handled him, that doesn't mean Pardew handled the situation right.

HBA being in a good mood is nice and every NUFC fan would be happy to hear those quotes, but who's to say he wouldn't be even happier and playing in the CL this season if Pardew hadn't waited until Obertan got injured before deciding to play Ben Arfa.

Also, they're just quotes. I trust what I see on the pitch far more than soundbites and quotes. Ben Arfa could just be "towing the party line" with the Pardy-love-in quotes ffs. As Jonas is right now with the Europa League bollocks. I'm fairly sure Papisto made some pro-Pardew quotes recently too.

Doesn't mean he is handling Papisto right this time either. In fact, I'll be less tentative, and say outright that he isn't IMO.

It's a discussion forum, these are quotes he's freely given to the BBC. Saying he genuinely believes the side can go one better than last year's fantastic season is surely worthy of discussion? ??? He's the one saying the team can do even better; the criticism heightens if they don't.

I just find it astonishing that he can come out with this within the same interview:

But when asked if they could finish in the top four this time, Pardew said: "Yes I do. I genuinely do. I still think we are in a good position."

"We don't sell anyone cheap. Whoever we sell will be at the right price for us to move forward. It is the only way we can compete."

So we need to sell for good fees (ie our best players) in order to compete... er, except from this summer when we didn't sell anyone *hurrah, praise to Lord Mike* and can compete anyway. Okay.

He's talking shite. :lol:

All managers talk shite. If he has said 'well yeah, I reckon top 10' there would be a similar reaction even if it was along different lines.

It's all well and good saying it's a forum which means it is open for discussion but ignoring the obvious seems a bit pointless. In sport athletes and teams will claim they can do better than expected, York City vs Man Utd, Amir Khan vs Mayweather etc.. the underdog would always over emphasise their chances, It doesn't mean people have to take their comments seriously. If any person/team claimed they knew they were going to lose/fail/not exceed expectation there wouldn't be much point in them trying.

What is this s***? Can you not construct a point or make a legitimate argument? All you have done (and constantly do) here is reduce ample legitimate reasoning to a few sarcasm ridden words.

Feel like I am copying you but what a s*** post.

Pardew got relentless s*** for his treatment of Ben Arfa, then Ben Arfa praises him for it and his workrate improves which is really beneficial = Pardew f***ing up?

Jesus. I point out the fallacy of your 'reasoning' and you proceed to commit the same fallacy  (twice) in the responding post.

You are like a parody of yourself.

Jimmies status: Russled i guess :undecided: I'll leave it at that.

Spudil's hilariously aggressive assault aside, I have to take issue with this Ben Arfa quote business.

Just because HBA is happy with how Pardew handled him, that doesn't mean Pardew handled the situation right.

HBA being in a good mood is nice and every NUFC fan would be happy to hear those quotes, but who's to say he wouldn't be even happier and playing in the CL this season if Pardew hadn't waited until Obertan got injured before deciding to play Ben Arfa.

Also, they're just quotes. I trust what I see on the pitch far more than soundbites and quotes. Ben Arfa could just be "towing the party line" with the Pardy-love-in quotes ffs. As Jonas is right now with the Europa League bollocks. I'm fairly sure Papisto made some pro-Pardew quotes recently too.

Doesn't mean he is handling Papisto right this time either. In fact, I'll be less tentative, and say outright that he isn't IMO.

So the players can arse lick their superior but their superior can't arse lick his?

:undecided:

Seems a lot easier to claim (without any evidence) that things would have been better than accept things may have been better than they would have with testimony.

Depends on your stance I suppose.

So the players can arse lick their superior but their superior can't arse lick his?

Seems a lot easier to claim (without any evidence) that things would have been better than accept things may have been better than they would have with testimony.

Didn't say that. Don't put much stock in many quotes at all quite frankly. Pardew's make me cringe a lot more though, and they tend to be a bit more dangerous/annoying as a) he talks too frequently b) he invites bids (almost as though he were part and parcel of the Ashley/Dekka regime :bluestar:)

Don't want to get side-tracked on that newly-introduced tangent though. I'm talking about the correlation between HBA's quotes and Pardew's poor handling of him last season.

My evidence is that we were better when HBA came into the side. My evidence is that when we saw him in cameos, he did look sharp, then Pardew lied in post-matches saying "he hasn't got that sharpness" when I'd just seen him demonstrate said sharpness. That's my evidence, Cajun ;) I'd say it was stronger than quotes.

I don't really have any problem with Pardew arse licking his boss, although some clearly like to always bring the debate about the manager back to the cockney spivs that own the club. My issues or doubts about Pardew are solely about how he uses the players at his disposal and the style of football which he employs. The talk of top 4 football is unrealistic, we didn't get the couple of signings in that would have made us genuine contenders so that's that as far as I'm concerned. But I still think we have enough good players to play much better stuff than we are currently producing, and the lack of progress in that regard is more worrying than the fact we didn't splurge on more new players.

Didn't say that. Don't put much stock in many quotes at all quite frankly. Pardew's make me cringe a lot more though, and they tend to be a bit more dangerous/annoying as a) he talks too frequently b) he invites bids (almost as though he were part and parcel of the Ashley/Dekka regime :bluestar:)

Don't want to get side-tracked on that newly-introduced tangent though. I'm talking about the correlation between HBA's quotes and Pardew's poor handling of him last season.

My evidence is that we were better when HBA came into the side. My evidence is that when we saw him in cameos, he did look sharp, then Pardew lied in post-matches saying "he hasn't got that sharpness" when I'd just seen him demonstrate said sharpness. That's my evidence, Cajun ;) I'd say it was stronger than quotes.

You believe this, the player, who has never been backward in coming forward (on and off the pitch) believes something else.

Sorry, I believe the player :dontknow:

Cajun loves standing up for the little guy. It's hard to take such a "stance" seriously when it's a blatant pattern.

You have hit the nail on the head claiming Pardew is the little guy, it's absolutely ridiculous that he can be considered this and is my whole point.

That said, I accept that any sort of defence of the 'black sheep' is deeply frowned upon on here at times (despite the 'it's a forum, if people didn't have different views' blabber more often that not defending over the top negativety) so I will step out of this and leave those to over analyse every comment.

Getting his story straight would be a start. He's saying the current side can compete for the top four and at the same time saying we need to accept that selling our best players is the only way we can compete. Well, unless he thinks we can get £20m for Obertan or Gosling. He's trying to cover all the bases and it just makes him look daft.

As I said before, he's the one inexplicably saying we can get into the top four this season with no meaningful investment in the side whatsoever. Not the fans, the manager. So when the team play poorly - as they have in most matches so far - the criticism is greater. Questions are asked about how this side supposedly gunning for top four is looking so bad. Falling behind the pace becomes a worry. He's bringing pressure upon himself with stuff like this, and yet it's the fans that are unrealistic and impatient?

I don't really have any problem with Pardew arse licking his boss, although some clearly like to always bring the debate about the manager back to the cockney spivs that own the club. My issues or doubts about Pardew are solely about how he uses the players at his disposal and the style of football which he employs. The talk of top 4 football is unrealistic, we didn't get the couple of signings in that would have made us genuine contenders so that's that as far as I'm concerned. But I still think we have enough good players to play much better stuff than we are currently producing, and the lack of progress in that regard is more worrying than the fact we didn't splurge on more new players.

It doesn't irk you even slightly that the general tone is "the fans should sit down, shut up and be grateful to Mike Ashley"?  It gets right on my tits personally. :lol:

Getting his story straight would be a start. He's saying the current side can compete for the top four and at the same time saying we need to accept that selling our best players is the only way we can compete. Well, unless he thinks we can get £20m for Obertan or Gosling. He's trying to cover all the bases and it just makes him look daft.

As I said before, he's the one inexplicably saying we can get into the top four this season with no meaningful investment in the side whatsoever. Not the fans, the manager. So when the team play poorly - as they have in most matches so far - the criticism is greater. Questions are asked about how this side supposedly gunning for top four is looking so bad. Falling behind the pace becomes a worry. He's bringing pressure upon himself with stuff like this, and yet it's the fans that are unrealistic and impatient?

So if he said we expect to finish top 10 people would be happy?

He is dealing with all levels of expectation and will change his stance dependant on results, it will be a gradual lowering of expectations or ramping up achievements/over-achievements. People shouldn't take this sort of talk seriously, at all.

The aim should be to push for a European spot and see where we end up. I can't see how anyone would disagree on that.

We managed that last season, massively exceeding expectations and he was still given shit a handful of games into this season.