What Needs To Happen vs. What Will Happen

ChrisMcQuillan

the f*** tollemache?  obviously as i've speculated the entire scenario then clearly i don't, none of us do but they were indicative prices and the amounts being talked of in the press

i think we're all aware we need to keep the squad trim so i was suggesting selling them for a top class first choice player who could then be supported by the likes of perch or kids coming through

anyway i've seen enough of you from today to know this is a worthless road to go down

"the f***"? So you're happy to admit that your hypothesis is potentially squillions out and might have no bearing on reality whatsoever but you're prepared to use it as a stick to beat Ashley with nonetheless, plus you'd have been quite happy to end up with just Colo and one good centre half with Taylor as the only backup, putting us back in a situation where one or two injuries means a totally makeshift central defence? Doesn't sound like a great way to display ambition and build up the squad to me. You bet it's a worthless road to go down - you haven't really made any sense whatsoever. If you're that happy to rely on 'kids coming through' then there's no problem is there?

Real weirdness from all angles from you there

why am i biting but run a poll to ask if people would be happy with colo, douglas, saylor and perch (4th choice) as your CB pairings at the start of this season and i think you'd have a resounding yes mate

never said the prices were accurate and in fact it doesn't matter hence why you're clinging onto it...i could have been 10m in my estimations, it still needed to happen

Well, that ambition-at-any-cost mentality is where we differ I suppose - and obviously where you and a lot of supporters differ from Ashley. That's fine - you think the correct thing to do is just lob more money at it no matter what, and I think that's a daft thing to do even if it means you have a shitty transfer window here and there. No problem, Freddie.

you're off your napper man

Relegation costs much more tollemache, surely you can see that? What was it they reckoned, 50 million or somewhere in that region?

also, the thought that 10m would be too much to all but ensure a top class defence for the next 3 years :lol:

So relegation is a likely consequence of not managing to buy a centre half in the summer? Disagree

Then you are very much in the minority....it wasn't just the failure to buy a CH that has put us in a mess, but also the decision to persist and gamble on Simpson instead of buying Debuchy.

the f*** tollemache?  obviously as i've speculated the entire scenario then clearly i don't, none of us do but they were indicative prices and the amounts being talked of in the press

i think we're all aware we need to keep the squad trim so i was suggesting selling them for a top class first choice player who could then be supported by the likes of perch or kids coming through

anyway i've seen enough of you from today to know this is a worthless road to go down

"the f***"? So you're happy to admit that your hypothesis is potentially squillions out and might have no bearing on reality whatsoever but you're prepared to use it as a stick to beat Ashley with nonetheless, plus you'd have been quite happy to end up with just Colo and one good centre half with Taylor as the only backup, putting us back in a situation where one or two injuries means a totally makeshift central defence? Doesn't sound like a great way to display ambition and build up the squad to me. You bet it's a worthless road to go down - you haven't really made any sense whatsoever. If you're that happy to rely on 'kids coming through' then there's no problem is there?

why am i biting but run a poll to ask if people would be happy with colo, douglas, saylor and perch (4th choice) as your CB pairings at the start of this season and i think you'd have a resounding yes mate

never said the prices were accurate and in fact it doesn't matter hence why you're clinging onto it...i could have been 10m in my estimations, it still needed to happen

Well, that ambition-at-any-cost mentality is where we differ I suppose - and obviously where you and a lot of supporters differ from Ashley. That's fine - you think the correct thing to do is just lob more money at it no matter what, and I think that's a daft thing to do even if it means you have a shitty transfer window here and there. No problem, Freddie.

Relegation costs much more tollemache, surely you can see that? What was it they reckoned, 50 million or somewhere in that region?

also, the thought that 10m would be too much to all but ensure a top class defence for the next 3 years :lol:

So relegation is a likely consequence of not managing to buy a centre half in the summer? Disagree

a CB and RB we were saying, and if you disagree look at the table...due to the summer failure the gamble now becomes (assuming rumours are true):

cisse can start scoring again

ba replacement adapts to the league in time

debuchy immediately adapts to the league as does any potential new CB

Then you are very much in the minority....it wasn't just the failure to buy a CH that has put us in a mess, but also the decision to persist and gamble on Simpson instead of buying Debuchy.

neither imo, the decision to try and play 4-4-2 without the players to do it. pardew isnt the first and he wont be the last manager to try and put his best players into a pattern that just doesn't work. personally i think he done it to try and keep ba sweet and i know many will disagree.

neither imo, the decision to try and play 4-4-2 without the players to do it. pardew isnt the first and he wont be the last manager to try and put his best players into a pattern that just doesn't work. personally i think he done it to try and keep ba sweet and i know many will disagree.

i agree with this 100% fwiw, as bad as williamson and simpson are it's the managers job to stop them being exposed and playing a "system" for half the season that doesn't suit any of the players we have in midfield and attack, except ba, is madness and totally down to pardew

it may stem from the transfer failures, if he'd been able to upgrade on those two he might have started with a more expansive game from the off but i highly doubt it...as you say, keeping ba happy and scoring goals seems to have been his main concern at the expense of seeing the best of cisse, cabaye & HBA and having the team keep possession thus relieving the pressure on the defence

fuckin dummy