What Needs To Happen vs. What Will Happen

ChrisMcQuillan

A RB or LB my personal preference would be a LB moving Santon over to RB but I know loads want us to sign Debuchy.

A CB of first team quality from abroad not some CB from a lower league English club.

No need to sign a striker unless Ba leaves.

For me that is realistic for out 2transfer policy2 of course that is without us selling anyone.

The fact of the matter is Ashley is basing his strategy for Newcastle United on the financial fair play standards supposedly being introduced into the game.

It may also be the case that he's only using these financial restrictions as an excuse for his frugality.

I say that as I don't see other clubs planning for it. The opposite indeed could be said.

If we perform for the rest of the season like we did in these last two games (except for the last 20 today), then we have no danger what so ever of going down. Of course Pardew wont receive any credit for that though.

The football has improved drastically. Going forward we look good value and we have an ambition to control possession. Our first half today was magnificent even though we missed Cabaye, Anita and Ben Arfa.

We need 2-3 players. We can't use Perch, we can't start Bigirimana (Not that he was that bad, it's just a sign of how thin we are), we can't have Streete and Campbell on the bench for this sort of game. We can't bring on Tavernier. We need cover for Tioté when he's as off form as he's been. We need cover for Santon as well.

We need to find a solution to Cissé's situation. Whether that's Ba leaving or not I don't know, but I can't think of many other ways forward. He's offering shit when played on the wing. He was at fault for two of their goals today in my opinion. That shouldn't happen. He's a striker, nothing else.

If we perform for the rest of the season like we did in these last two games (except for the last 20 today), then we have no danger what so ever of going down. Of course Pardew wont receive any credit for that though.

Old post now but you're right.

We still should get a couple of reinforcements though, it makes sense with the extra TV money coming.

Guest neesy111

We still should get a couple of reinforcements though, it makes sense with the extra TV money coming.

You're correct but won't others do that as well ???

Sure, some will and some won't. With us though, I think if we can just plug a couple of weaknesses we will become exponentially better. The overall ability of our team is very high, it's just the average is being dragged down by a couple of absolute wastes of skin.

The only reason to sign players in this window is because you really need them, prices are always inflated.

Cisse? Woodgate? There's always good value to be had if you like, as that seems to be the only modus operandi for our transfer policy. The imbalance of the squad doesn't appear to come into play.

Guest neesy111

Sure, some will and some won't. With us though, I think if we can just plug a couple of weaknesses we will become exponentially better. The overall ability of our team is very high, it's just the average is being dragged down by a couple of absolute wastes of skin.

I agree with you :D, defensively it's more really bad individuals that's affecting us mainly now.

The only reason to sign players in this window is because you really need them, prices are always inflated.

Spot on and just goes to show how we missed the boat in the summer,  we were in a great position to strengthen and kick on and didn't grasp the opportunity.  It will be even dafter if in this window we go back and buy the players we went for in the summer.  Plus those players would have found us a much more appealing proposition thinking they were coming to a top 5 side with European football rather than now coming to a team in a relegation battle.

Guest ItalianMagpie

Replace Simpson, Williamson and Tiote.

Play Cisse as a striker.

Stick to 4-2-3-1.

Get Cabaye and Ben Arfa fit.

This.

Unfortunately, that's not going to happen. Nobody will leave and we'll bring one player in, if that.

If this is the case, I hope it's gonna be a CB, we can't afford to play in the Premier League with the likes of Williamson and Perch.

Guest firetotheworks

The formation of the team needs to be 433/4231 or at the very least we need to continue as a passing team.

Cisse needs to play or at least be available centrally when attacking.

We need a CB and a RB at least.

If Ba is sold then we need someone to replace him on the left and for Cisse to play centrally.

We need to possibly drop Tiote. His form has been atrocious.

Guest neesy111

The formation of the team needs to be 433/4231 or at the very least we need to continue as a passing team.

Cisse needs to play or at least be available centrally when attacking.

We need a CB and a RB at least.

If Ba is sold then we need someone to replace him on the left and for Cisse to play centrally.

We need to possibly drop Tiote. His form has been atrocious.

I agree with most of that. :thup:

Cisse? Woodgate? There's always good value to be had if you like, as that seems to be the only modus operandi for our transfer policy. The imbalance of the squad doesn't appear to come into play.

To an outside club though we didn't really need those players at the time though.  At the minute we are desparate for any player in a number of defensive postitions and they will quote a far inflated price as they have the negotiating power.

Guest neesy111

I vividly remember we got Woodgate for a decent price as Leeds were in financial melt down at that time.  Cisse was a great buy for January for that price.

I mentioned Lescott in the transfer thread - just to gauge people's reactions - but what about him or someone similar on loan? I have a vague memory of somebody (Pardew?) saying that you weren't interested in going down that route.

Not sure who's out there, but I'd have thought that Lescott on loan right now would mean you were guaranteed to stay up.

Guest neesy111

I mentioned Lescott in the transfer thread - just to gauge people's reactions - but what about him or someone similar on loan? I have a vague memory of somebody (Pardew?) saying that you weren't interested in going down that route.

Not sure who's out there, but I'd have thought that Lescott on loan right now would mean you were guaranteed to stay up.

Lescott would be brilliant, but his wages would be ridiculous even on a loan.

It's nice to see that most people here are pretty agreed on what needs to change, and it seems like that opinion carries through to the wider fan base judging by comments through United For Newcastle's Facebook page. 

Certainly an attitude shift from the summer, when far more of the general fan base (not so much this forum) were willing to 'wait and see' how it panned out.

Guest neesy111

It's ridiculous we have to talk about players and whether we can afford even a loan based on how much higher we need to finish to afford them. :(