What Needs To Happen vs. What Will Happen

ChrisMcQuillan

Why is everything that goes wrong is deemed to be Ashley's fault?  Yes he is the owner and sets the parameters for the running of the club, but for me this is down to Llambias.  He is the managing director and in my view the buck stops with him.

Because Ashley releases the funds?

the f*** tollemache?  obviously as i've speculated the entire scenario then clearly i don't, none of us do but they were indicative prices and the amounts being talked of in the press

i think we're all aware we need to keep the squad trim so i was suggesting selling them for a top class first choice player who could then be supported by the likes of perch or kids coming through

anyway i've seen enough of you from today to know this is a worthless road to go down

Agreed - can't be bothered to argue the point with him at all.

Owners/Directors are there for one purpose...to appoint the manager, see that the club performs UP TO ITS CAPABILITIES and provide the finance for players the club and manager need to take the club forward.

If they fail to do that, they fail as badly as a poor manager can do.

As Newcastle fans we all knew last season was strange and not in the sense that we finished 5th. This year has got back to what we are used too as a club regardless of who we bought or didn`t.

This year unlike last we have had the usual injury crisis of longterm injuries to more than 5 players key players throughout, its currently at 8 just like Villa and 1 more than QPR, I don`t think thats a coincidence when all the clubs doing better are between 4 and none.

This year we have seen the usual bad ref decsions and red/yellow cards that has not helped, Colo and Toite both players got reds that need 3-4 games in a row to get up to speed where as others don`t. One game as an example recently if I remember without bringing up definate stats we had 18 fouls against us and they got 1 yellow card, we committed like 8 fouls and got 6 yellow cards. This has happened game after game. Nothing new to us it just didn`t happen last year for once.

Again this year we seem to hold the record for players that have never scored for their club score against us and dodgey offsides and deflections.

I think we gambled on having another lucky season, I`m sure im not tripping out but didn`t we have a large chunk of last season unbeaten up there with the best in Europe or was it the best defence outside the top 4.

I do think had the above not gone against us like it has done so many seasons prior to last we would have comfortably been in 7th or something. Take out any one of those bad luck stories we would have been 10th I imagine.

For some strange reason I think MA was hoping to scrape through to January to get targets cheaper due less on their contracts and maybe to save half a years wages and it has back fired as he doesn`t know what we know about our shit luck.

Anyway back to topic I think we need the impossible like everyone else a CB or 2 and a RB. In the summer we need to replace Jonas and Shola with an outright winger that can actually hold the ball up before crossing and a CF that can link the midfield to the front 1 or 2 depending on formation.

What will happen is we will probably get no one, if we do get someone they will quickly get injured or Colo will so we will be no better off. We will then hopefully do a Wigan and just stay up.

The elephant in the room here is that  barring an absolutely unprecedented run of good form, our better players are probably going to leave en masse in the summer. I said in the summer after we didn't invest that next summer we would face a rebuilding job unlike any we've ever had to do and I think that is now a reality regardless of who joins in January.

not sure it's that bleak tbh, which is not like me

The elephant in the room here is that  barring an absolutely unprecedented run of good form, our better players are probably going to leave en masse in the summer. I said in the summer after we didn't invest that next summer we would face a rebuilding job unlike any we've ever had to do and I think that is now a reality regardless of who joins in January.

En masse is probably an exaggeration but I think we're likely to lose a couple, with Cabaye and HBA the prime candidates.

En masse is probably an exaggeration but I think we're likely to lose a couple, with Cabaye and HBA the prime candidates.

agree with those two, though i think if HBA is happy he'll stick around personally...ba is another obvious candidate if he makes it through january

someone might come sniffing after santon as well, he might start thinking he'll need to move for international football a la enrique

I don't see much reason to believe HBA will leave. Just because he's good?

And because he's the most likely to attract a daft offer from someone like Chelsea, and we all know how MA feels about a big fat transfer profit.

Guest tollemache

the f*** tollemache?  obviously as i've speculated the entire scenario then clearly i don't, none of us do but they were indicative prices and the amounts being talked of in the press

i think we're all aware we need to keep the squad trim so i was suggesting selling them for a top class first choice player who could then be supported by the likes of perch or kids coming through

anyway i've seen enough of you from today to know this is a worthless road to go down

"the fuck"? So you're happy to admit that your hypothesis is potentially squillions out and might have no bearing on reality whatsoever but you're prepared to use it as a stick to beat Ashley with nonetheless, plus you'd have been quite happy to end up with just Colo and one good centre half with Taylor as the only backup, putting us back in a situation where one or two injuries means a totally makeshift central defence? Doesn't sound like a great way to display ambition and build up the squad to me. You bet it's a worthless road to go down - you haven't really made any sense whatsoever. If you're that happy to rely on 'kids coming through' then there's no problem is there?

Real weirdness from all angles from you there

We need 2-3 players if Ba leaves, ideally 4.

RB

CH

Striker

Mid (Sissoko or similar)

What will happen? hmmm tricky one; I seriously believe he needs to spend big, and he'll have to if he wants a slice of that extra money next season.

"the fuck"? So you're happy to admit that your hypothesis is potentially squillions out and might have no bearing on reality whatsoever but you're prepared to use it as a stick to beat Ashley with nonetheless, plus you'd have been quite happy to end up with just Colo and one good centre half with Taylor as the only backup, putting us back in a situation where one or two injuries means a totally makeshift central defence? Doesn't sound like a great way to display ambition and build up the squad to me. You bet it's a worthless road to go down - you haven't really made any sense whatsoever. If you're that happy to rely on 'kids coming through' then there's no problem is there?

why am i biting but run a poll to ask if people would be happy with colo, douglas, saylor and perch (4th choice) as your CB pairings at the start of this season and i think you'd have a resounding yes mate

never said the prices were accurate and in fact it doesn't matter hence why you're clinging onto it...i could have been 10m in my estimations, it still needed to happen

We need 2-3 players if Ba leaves, ideally 4.

RB

CH

Striker

Mid (Sissoko or similar)

What will happen? hmmm tricky one; I seriously believe he needs to spend big, and he'll have to if he wants a slice of that extra money next season.

We don't need a CM imo unless Tiote leaves i know i said we should get one in the past.

But Bigi has been great aswell as Anita and Marveaux showing his worth in a central area and with Cabaye to come back.

Id look at a winger before a CM currently tbh.

Pardew said the other day that we need more options in defence. Let's hope Mike Ashley was listening. How many teams go into season after season with only 3 recognised centre backs? There is no room for injuries, loss of form or suspensions. All of which have come to bite us on the ass. Ryan Taylor being injured has removed our Right and Left back cover. After Ryan our cover is Ferguson (possibly more of a left winger) and Tavernier (who doesn't have Premiership experience). Our back 4 have more or less played every game. They never get a rest. We need to be able to rotate the squad when we have a game every 3 to 4 days.

Guest tollemache

"the f***"? So you're happy to admit that your hypothesis is potentially squillions out and might have no bearing on reality whatsoever but you're prepared to use it as a stick to beat Ashley with nonetheless, plus you'd have been quite happy to end up with just Colo and one good centre half with Taylor as the only backup, putting us back in a situation where one or two injuries means a totally makeshift central defence? Doesn't sound like a great way to display ambition and build up the squad to me. You bet it's a worthless road to go down - you haven't really made any sense whatsoever. If you're that happy to rely on 'kids coming through' then there's no problem is there?

why am i biting but run a poll to ask if people would be happy with colo, douglas, saylor and perch (4th choice) as your CB pairings at the start of this season and i think you'd have a resounding yes mate

never said the prices were accurate and in fact it doesn't matter hence why you're clinging onto it...i could have been 10m in my estimations, it still needed to happen

Well, that ambition-at-any-cost mentality is where we differ I suppose - and obviously where you and a lot of supporters differ from Ashley. That's fine - you think the correct thing to do is just lob more money at it no matter what, and I think that's a daft thing to do even if it means you have a shitty transfer window here and there. No problem, Freddie.

I don't see much reason to believe HBA will leave. Just because he's good?

And because he's the most likely to attract a daft offer from someone like Chelsea, and we all know how MA feels about a big fat transfer profit.

You mean like Carroll? A transfer that really pushed the club forward, all done in the teeth of opposition from the majority of fans?

I don't think we should sell Ben Arfa, but a big fat transfer profit can really benefit a club.

Why is everything that goes wrong is deemed to be Ashley's fault?  Yes he is the owner and sets the parameters for the running of the club, but for me this is down to Llambias.  He is the managing director and in my view the buck stops with him.

Ashley is the man that employs him tbf.

"the f***"? So you're happy to admit that your hypothesis is potentially squillions out and might have no bearing on reality whatsoever but you're prepared to use it as a stick to beat Ashley with nonetheless, plus you'd have been quite happy to end up with just Colo and one good centre half with Taylor as the only backup, putting us back in a situation where one or two injuries means a totally makeshift central defence? Doesn't sound like a great way to display ambition and build up the squad to me. You bet it's a worthless road to go down - you haven't really made any sense whatsoever. If you're that happy to rely on 'kids coming through' then there's no problem is there?

Well, that ambition-at-any-cost mentality is where we differ I suppose - and obviously where you and a lot of supporters differ from Ashley. That's fine - you think the correct thing to do is just lob more money at it no matter what, and I think that's a daft thing to do even if it means you have a shitty transfer window here and there. No problem, Freddie.

you're off your napper man

Relegation costs much more tollemache, surely you can see that? What was it they reckoned, 50 million or somewhere in that region?

Not being relegated hardly counts as ambition at no cost either.

Relegation costs much more tollemache, surely you can see that? What was it they reckoned, 50 million or somewhere in that region?

also, the thought that 10m would be too much to all but ensure a top class defence for the next 3 years :lol:

also, the thought that 10m would be too much to all but ensure a top class defence for the next 3 years :lol:

Yup, when you look at the revenues coming in and what could be potentially lost, 10 m is a drop in the bucket.

Yup, when you look at the revenues coming in and what could be potentially lost, 10 m is a drop in the bucket.

i did say 10m out in my estimations, so even if it was 15m net spend or even closer to 20m (both doubtful) it's still better than gambling on williamson and simpson imo....

Guest tollemache

So relegation is a likely consequence of not managing to buy a centre half in the summer? Disagree