The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

Last season they were tight at the back and had players up front who could summon goals from nothing. This season they don't seem to care that much and players who look distinctly average. Way too many players who think they're brilliant and aren't too.

Forgot Chelsea got 95  :mou:

Is Marek Hamsik actually as good as he's talked up to be?

Admittedly I hardly watch a load of Napoli games but I can't remember even being that impressed with him when I have watched. Am I missing something?

Admittedly I hardly watch a load of Napoli games but I can't remember even being that impressed with him when I have watched. Am I missing something?

Really? he's excellent. Having a really good season.

Fair enough. :thup: Genuinely can't remember thinking "wow, he's a really good player" when I've watched him. Probably only half a dozen times, mind. Watching Lazio-Napoli and all he's done is give the ball away. I realise he's now going to score.

Fair enough. :thup: Genuinely can't remember thinking "wow, he's a really good player" when I've watched him. Probably only half a dozen times, mind. Watching Lazio-Napoli and all he's done is give the ball away. I realise he's now going to score.

Admittedly, he has nothing on Phil Neville. But he's still quite good.

Very. Napoli have been very poor thus far.

Napoli's gameplan is based almost entirely on the counterattack, they don't have much else. Probably the reason you highlighting Hamsik giving it away. They try to hit the passes quickly and sometimes speculatively rather than hold possession.

No idea why Pandev plays every week and Insigne sits on the bench.

Napoli's gameplan is based almost entirely on the counterattack, they don't have much else. Probably the reason you highlighting Hamsik giving it away. They try to hit the passes quickly and sometimes speculatively rather than hold possession.

Yeah, they look like they're out of ideas most times they go forwards. Guess in a way it's impressive they're so close to Juve given this mentality. It's imes like this - 1-0 down, away to a resolute-looking Lazio (despite their recent form) - where that game plan comes unstuck. And when your game plan comes unstuck in that fashion, you form a reliance on one or two players and in Napoli's case, Cavani.

Yeah, they look like they're out of ideas most times they go forwards. Guess in a way it's impressive they're so close to Juve given this mentality. It's imes like this - 1-0 down, away to a resolute-looking Lazio (despite their recent form) - where that game plan comes unstuck. And when your game plan comes unstuck in that fashion, you form a reliance on one or two players and in Napoli's case, Cavani.

Mazzarri is a very shrewd tacticion, one of the best in Serie A. He generally gets results.

Absolutely terrble at handling young players though and the lack of an alternative gameplan will probably mean they fall short of Juve.

Mazzarri is a very shrewd tacticion, one of the best in Serie A. He generally gets results.

Absolutely terrble at handling young players though and the lack of an alternative gameplan will probably mean they fall short of Juve.

Well, Insigne's been their best player by a mile since he came on at HT.

That run before :fwap:

That run before :fwap:

I know, I know, it's just one game, but Hamsik has been fucking dreadful. :lol: