Alan Pardew

Mike

Single examples are anecdotal, and lead to bias.

single?  how about 3 years worth of it?  :lol: no-one is pointing to a single match - more that the last 3 very welcome victories hide the same failings the man has always had

Krul broke the Premier league record for saves made, for any team.  That's not happened week in week out.

..but you cut out the rest of my post that gave that sort of context with comparison to the Norwich game.

Single examples are anecdotal, and lead to bias.

single?  how about 3 years worth of it?  :lol: no-one is pointing to a single match - more that the last 3 very welcome victories hide the same failings the man has always had

Krul broke the Premier league record for saves made, for any team.  That's not happened week in week out.

..but you cut out the rest of my post that gave that sort of context with comparison to the Norwich game.

no-one said it did

already said i didn't see norwich, not much i can say about it

When begrudging praise is not an option, settle for LUCK. Do enjoy that it has become widespread on here to claim his tactics 'rely on luck' :lol: I'm confident that doesn't constitute a tactic and also happens to be utter bollocks.

It is impossible to win 3 games in a row, 2 of which were against top sides, with tactics that rely on luck. Realise that the hatred runs deep, but bar perhaps the second half against Norwich, Pardew's tactics over the last 3 games have been canny. Ignoring this is nonsensical.

Norwich on Saturday? They created sweet fa really did they? Chelsea were restricted to minimal chances. Yes Spurs we did allow them some great chances and that was far too close comfort but it's not lucky the fact in one of the most important positions on the pitch, we've got it covered by a world class goalkeeper. Obviously you don't want him tested like that week in week out but Krul’s capable of getting you 7/8 points a season with performances of that stature. 

didn't see it brett, just going off the radio and chelp on here that we basically followed our usual pattern in the 2nd half, conceded and it was nervy to the end - i know you reckon it wasn't but plenty reckon it was, which drug do you trust?

chelsea were very, very wasteful on the break first half as i've said before - they didn't create much in the end, but a team of their class would normally make more of the positions they found themselves in

The Norwich match was nervy because we essentially stopped playing and they had the ball in and around the NUFC box for long periods in the last 30 minutes. Brett is right, though. They created very little. This was more to do with Norwich being a terrible football team, but it has to say we were lucky not to concede twice is very harsh given what the other team created.

The second half was so one paced, it was like watching a training match. I thought we were poor for the fact we were very sloppy in possession when we had the ball, sometimes we could have moved the ball quicker and broke but our passing desserted us. Norwich on the other pressed up higher and passed the ball in front of us, something we were more than happy for them to do but they couldn't do anything with it. We certainly had another gear in us, we probably should have scored a 3rd goal but for poor finishing.

The whole lucky/unlucky debate is just :lol:

When West Brom kept attacking at 2-0 up last night instead of sitting back a-la-Pardew and ended up only drawing 2-2 were they unlucky or were Villa just lucky??  :buck2:

don't use single examples, it leads to bias

It's a poor example anarl.

Winning 1 point having been shite first half isn't as good as winning 3 having sat on a lead for the second.  The fact we were better at doing that than Villa proved to be is also a positive.

Our fist half was a disgrace against everton, much worse than anything we did against Spurs or Norwich.  We beat Everton two nil in the second half though.  Did it prove our reslove?  Nah, it showed we had a bit of pride though which is about as much as you can say for WBA there.  We beat  Fulham one nil in the second half.  Drew with Liverpool one each in the second half with 10 men.  Beat Chelsea two nil  in the second half.

When begrudging praise is not an option, settle for LUCK. Do enjoy that it has become widespread on here to claim his tactics 'rely on luck' :lol: I'm confident that doesn't constitute a tactic and also happens to be utter bollocks.

It is impossible to win 3 games in a row, 2 of which were against top sides, with tactics that rely on luck. Realise that the hatred runs deep, but bar perhaps the second half against Norwich, Pardew's tactics over the last 3 games have been canny. Ignoring this is nonsensical.

what the fuck are you on about?  no-one is saying pardew's gameplan is:

1st half: good football, pass it around, look for Loic in the space etc. etc.

2nd half: luck

I agree. I mean - we won those games, did we not? No other argument is needed.

If you win you must be doing most things right.

Let's just hope he keeps winning.

Guest firetotheworks

Pardew lucky :lol:

He was lucky to be appointed for this job but that's about it. He wasn't lucky to finish 5th, he wasn’t unlucky to finish 16th and we certainly aren't currently lucky to be in 8th place. It’s been a promising start to the season performance and result wise, just hope we can continue to build on it and keep improving as the season progresses.

I find it interesting that you chose 'lucky' for the 5th finish and 'unlucky' for the 16th.

In what sense, KI?

If i said lucky for the 16th that would kind of imply if it wasn't for his luck we would have got relegated  :lol: So I used unlucky as a counter argument as if we should have been much higher but Europe/Injuries/Confidence cost us.

It's just an interesting mixture of language considering you were implying that lucky and unlucky are the exact opposite of each other yesterday. ie changing we were lucky that the opposition missed chances to the opposition were unlucky that they missed their chances.

It just seems like a spin a bit, but I could be wrong.

:lol: people gutted to have a bit of luck on our side.

How is it possible to miss the point so dramatically? :lol:

Nobody is gutted. People don't think it's sustainable to keep playing the way we are, like it hasn't been in the past.

Wow, cyber tears.

If you can't enjoy the three wins in a row you'll never be satisfied.

Nobody is gutted. People don't think it's sustainable to keep playing the way we are, like it hasn't been in the past.

thank fuck some other people have turned up; HF, ian, brett, fulowashola all at once, inochi would have tipped me over the edge :lol:

and well said hans, said what i wanted to say in a single sentence

It wasn't sustainable for a period of 13 games mid 12/13.  Outside of that it seems to have been, outside of the odd trouncing.

what the fuck are you on about?  no-one is saying pardew's gameplan is:

1st half: good football, pass it around, look for Loic in the space etc. etc.

2nd half: luck

It has been stated multiple times over the last few pages that he relies on luck. Or the thinking man's version of 'the profligacy of the opposition', which sounds like a shit LP.

Anyway, the Spurs result had elements of luck about it, but on the whole the tactics have been successful over the last few games and I'm sure a lot of preparation went into implementing them. The overwhelming message from some seems to be that we have been lucky, I don't think so.

Guest bimpy474

I dont think we can keep on playing the way we are and keep winning, eventually a team will score if you give them to much of the ball, but it has nothing to do with luck.

Luck does plays a massive factor in football, both ways. You cant blame a win or defeat on one slice of luck, you need to dissect a whole game to say a win was lucky or not.

I never said anyone was disappointed we were lucky and winning. I just thing the luck argument is nonsensical. It's not even about how you rate Pardew, the argument itself is just stupid in general.

It's a silly old argument all right. Who would ever waste their time talking about luck?

It seems to me it's more people moaning because Pardew isn't playing how they want us to play. They want us to dominate teams and go and win by 3 or 4 if the opportunity arises. Whereas Pardew has proven time and time again he's more than happy to defend what he's got, if a goal comes in a counter then great but defending the lead is priority. That's what people refuse to accept that we aren't playing how they feel we should be playing.

Then the whole luck factor gets thrown in when the opposition don’t create so they must be shit so we got away with it or the opposition miss their chances so we got a let off.