Alan Pardew

Mike

I have to admit i'd be more likely to back Pardew if it wasn't for his constant negative decision making.  It's that more than last years results that annoys me.

He doesn't react well under pressure and reverts to really, really negative football. The amount of times we went 1-0 up and sacrificed the lead because of his tactics/changes is staggering, especially considering it's relatively a recent phenomenon with him. The year before last we wouldn't come out from half time looking scared shitless, he seemed to talk some confidence in the team. When we beat Stoke at their place Ba said at half time he told them to keep playing their game because even if they scored he knew we'd get a third. This season we've played like he's shouted "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T FUCK THIS UP!" at them for 15 minutes.

Running a poll on the United For Newcastle Facebook, and it would appear that it's about 50:50 in terms of people being happy that he's staying...

Can someone please explain to me why this is happening?  Has some kind of psychoactive drug been pumped into the Tyne lately?

The average supporter seems to be swallowing his PR bullshit. Only explanation.

Or the few hundred users on N-O are not an accurate representation of Newcastle fan opinion?

This is the only place I visit where there is this type of venomous anti-Pardew rhetoric. Most seem happy to give him a second chance.

Running a poll on the United For Newcastle Facebook, and it would appear that it's about 50:50 in terms of people being happy that he's staying...

Can someone please explain to me why this is happening?  Has some kind of psychoactive drug been pumped into the Tyne lately?

Or the few hundred users on N-O are not an accurate representation of Newcastle fan opinion?

Of course they're not, but I feel the ability too see further than what's written in the local papers and being communicated through the club gives supporters a more dynamic view of our problems. If you've watched us throughout the season but still feel comfortable with Pardew leading us into 13/14, I'd suspect you're a victim of the PR engine that Pardew himself is head of. I don't think you could have seen much in our football that suggests he'll get things right eventually.

Guest bimpy474

This whore gone yet ?

Wait, who are we talking about now? Mrs Bimpy or..?

(sorry, i just had to..)  :rose:

Oi :lol:

Of course they're not, but I feel the ability too see further than what's written in the local papers and being communicated through the club gives supporters a more dynamic view of our problems. If you've watched us throughout the season but still feel comfortable with Pardew leading us into 13/14, I'd suspect you're a victim of the PR engine that Pardew himself is head of. I don't think you could have seen much in our football that suggests he'll get things right eventually.

I think you underestimate the intelligence of the average NUFC fan.

I'm honestly confused at why he still gets support, yes us lot on here are probably on the very negative end on the scale (we hate the bloke for the way he gets up in the mornings) but even people who are sitting on the fence must see we are absolutely shit as a team and expecting it to magically change after 2 seasons isn't going to happen. We finished 5th because of luck, a few good games here and there and some ridiculous goals from ba and then cisse. Apart from the away game at west brom, we never once played amazing football and it continued on into this season, in fact it got worse. We are honestly the worst team in the league, bar maybe norwich/sunderland at going forward and that is just absurd when you think of some of the players we do have. We have zero movement, our players seem to have an inability to pass to each other apart from at the back and side to side, and generally we don't move forward as a team, we try and kick it up to cisse as fast as possible and 'hope' something happens. If it's true he is staying, I hope we have at least 5 new players lined up because if we don't, we're going to have another season like this one. IMO I think we need 2 strikers, 2 wingers (we have fuck all in this department) and would suit pardews style more and a cb.

Relatively pleased that he's staying tbh. It was a terrible season but I'm happy to give him another year. If we improve the squad, we should be mid table to top 10 again.

http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/730195/83283128.gif

This is the only place I visit where there is this type of venomous anti-Pardew rhetoric. Most seem happy to give him a second chance.

I would suggest that's because lots of people on here are absolutely NUFC mad. That's probably why we're seeking out a forum to talk about the manager in the first place. People moan loudest, basically. :lol:

I would never claim that this forum is representative of the fans. It's representative of this particular bunch of fans.

Guest bimpy474

He's fucking staying, staying............ahhhhhhhhhhhh

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/fuk%20everything/grand/fuk-everything-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1393.gif

As for stability; it should come from progression, success and a genuine belief that there's potential in the current set up.

It shouldn't come from the fact that you've found the one person willing to work under an incoherent strategy and for a club who's putting financial circumstances ahead of the sporting agenda. You don't "implement" stability and turn it into success.

That might be the case. I've come to the conclusion that most people are idiots so it fits right in.

Relatively pleased that he's staying tbh. It was a terrible season but I'm happy to give him another year. If we improve the squad, we should be mid table to top 10 again.

http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/730195/83283128.gif

:lol:

Guest bimpy474

That might be the case. I've come to the conclusion that most people are idiots so it fits right in.

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/whoa/grand/no-way-whoa-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-534.gif

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

wow.

Rene Girard

Rudi Garcia

Rafa Benitez

Alan Pardew

And we picked Pardew.  Maybe Mike has a lisp so he refuses to employ anyone whose name begins with an R.  Fucking hell, that's probably a better reason than whatever they've come up with in these meetings.

I genuinely hoped we'd see the back of him this week.  So depressing to think we've got another season of this shite and even more depressing that it took Stoke 5 years to get rid of their lemon.  Another 3 years of this will kill me.

I would also suggest that a large proportion of fans ONLY care about the result, and not really the performance. Obviously given a straight choice only one of the two matters in terms of points on the board, but you can understand why some people may think we were amazing last season, poo this season and next season we might go back to good again.

As for stability; it should come from progression, success and a genuine belief that there's potential in the current set up.

It shouldn't come from the fact that you've found the one person willing to work under an incoherent strategy and for a club who's putting financial circumstances ahead of the sporting agenda. You don't "implement" stability and turn it into success.

I don't think that's why the club are sticking with him. He delivered a finish above and beyond anyone's wildest expectations 12 months ago, last year he underachieved. They probably want to see what he can do next season when he hasn't got the lack of backing/Europa League/injuries excuses to fall back on. If we see a repeat of 12/13 rather than 11/12 he'll be shown the door.

I'm not a Pardew fan but the short-termism shown in football is absolutely staggering. He's the second longest serving manager in the league. That's just mental. You can argue all you want about the importance of stability but since we've never had any I don't really think we're the best judges.

wow.

:lol:

I would also suggest that a large proportion of fans ONLY care about the result, and not really the performance. Obviously given a straight choice only one of the two matters in terms of points on the board, but you can understand why some people may think we were amazing last season, poo this season and next season we might go back to good again.

Without getting into trouble with the forum police (;)) it may be because the folks on here generally watch the full 90 of every match whether it's on TV or not.  The majority of fans who don't go to the game will likely check the result and catch the highlights (lowlights more like, fnarr fnarr) on MOTD and so will miss how spectacularly shite we are and the magic 8 ball substitutions and tactical changes.

Dunno what excuse match goers have.

I'm not a Pardew fan but the short-termism shown in football is absolutely staggering. He's the second longest serving manager in the league. That's just mental. You can argue all you want about the importance of stability but since we've never had any I don't really think we're the best judges.

This is the thing, we either disregard stability completely as a benefit at all, or we argue that 'stability is only good if you have the right man'.

That's fair enough to a certain extent, but the whole point is that you never get to decide if he's the right man if you sack him so early.

The owner is undoubtedly one of those results people too btw. If we stay up or better, does he give a fuck how we play? I highly doubt it.

The thing is good performances generally lead to good results; attacking football generally wins matches. Under Pardew the football feels like it did under Allardyce. Playing the percentages, being overly negative, trying to spoil matches; basically anything to get an edge rather than just focusing on outplaying the opposition with the talented players our scouting system has managed to acquire. Never mind the long ball stats, why are we one of the dirtiest teams in the league? Because we're chasing shadows so often.

The owner is undoubtedly one of those results people too btw. If we stay up or better, does he give a f*** how we play? I highly doubt it.

It's because it has a bearing on our financial state. The sporting agenda is completley irrelevant as long as the income remains.