Alan Pardew

Mike

I'm seeing a lot of 'stats' which include our form from last season. As far as I'm aware, the results from last season don't count towards this one. Only last week, the majority of posters were saying that there were evident improvements to our general play, and issues from last season were being addressed. One loss, now we're back to square one? I'm not sure. All that matters now, is our form this season, which hasn't been too bad.

i agree :anguish:

Hull got their tactics right and whilst attacking them should have been the right tactics we played utter s****. The players have got to take the majority of the blame in performances like the other day for me.

That's not to say Pardew was faultless by the way.

Guest icemanblue

I'm seeing a lot of 'stats' which include our form from last season. As far as I'm aware, the results from last season don't count towards this one. Only last week, the majority of posters were saying that there were evident improvements to our general play, and issues from last season were being addressed. One loss, now we're back to square one? I'm not sure.

They were wrong. Our problem was never necessarily long ball. Our main problems have always been lack of movement and inviting teams onto us when we're ahead. Neither of them have changed.

Mate, honestly, it does you no favours to be piping up on the back of a loss. I know that you haven't followed a few of our games this season, so you may not be the best person to judge. We've certainly improved in the areas you've mentioned.

I'm seeing a lot of 'stats' which include our form from last season. As far as I'm aware, the results from last season don't count towards this one. Only last week, the majority of posters were saying that there were evident improvements to our general play, and issues from last season were being addressed. One loss, now we're back to square one? I'm not sure. All that matters now, is our form this season, which hasn't been too bad.

It hasn't.

But we had one more point after 5 games last season, so it could go either way from here on in.

I've been updating this thread with the run of 8 games i would expect him to get results in, and so far he's only failed to do so once.

So he's passing that test as far as I'm concerned.

His next challenge will be the run of 4 games against Liverpool, Sunderland, Chelsea and Spurs.  Those are the ones where he could well put a bad sequence of results together that give the owner the ammo to put him down.

Guest firetotheworks

I'm seeing a lot of 'stats' which include our form from last season. As far as I'm aware, the results from last season don't count towards this one. Only last week, the majority of posters were saying that there were evident improvements to our general play, and issues from last season were being addressed. One loss, now we're back to square one? I'm not sure.

It's probably just the negative people getting louder after a defeat, and the positive people getting louder after a win.

It depends on your definition. As far as I'm concerned, I'm not negative for wanting Pardew out, I'm 100% positive. Why would I want to be positive about something that has been awful in exactly the same way for around a year? The glass isn't even half full, and if it is then it's full of shit.

A Manager with an attack minded philosophy would've mullered Hull on Saturday. One smell of blood and we'd have smashed them.

There's a fear factor with Pardew which just isn't going to go. We rarely comprehensively beat teams.

A Manager with an attack minded philosophy would've mullered Hull on Saturday. One smell of blood and we'd have smashed them.

There's a fear factor with Pardew which just isn't going to go. We rarely comprehensively beat teams.

Hull haven't been "mullered" all season and they've played Chelsea and Man City.  Their Defense has shown itself to be well drilled and i don't think they were in any way there for the taking.  Would have been a hard fought victory for any team.

We absolutely shot ourselves in the foot and should never have conceded 3 to them though.

Guest neesy111

Stupid to think we could had smashed Hull.  Hull have shown to be competent in the league this season so far.

Hull looked embarrassingly shit until we scored and took our footf off the gas. They'd hardly touched the ball whilst we were trying to attack.

Bang on. A SBR or KK side would have absolutely smashed them. That's got less to do with the individuals in the side and more to do with the mentality of the man in charge.

Guest firetotheworks

Some of their goals were purely down to players just not using their heads and doing their jobs properly. You cannot blame Pardew for that.

You absolutely can and I absolutely will.

Guest neesy111

Hull looked embarrassingly shit until we scored and took our footf off the gas. They'd hardly touched the ball whilst we were trying to attack.

Easy for teams to have bad starts and recover from them.

Easy for teams to have bad starts and recover from them.

It is when you make it easy for them.

fucks sake wullie man, you're a quality poster but i honestly don't get how you can't see bruce changed shit up after the first goal...he closed down the areas we were getting joy and his players exploited the massive holes in our formation

you make it sound like pardew just ordered them back into formation as soon as the first goal went in, that's not how it happened at all

They were wrong. Our problem was never necessarily long ball. Our main problems have always been lack of movement and inviting teams onto us when we're ahead. Neither of them have changed.

Mate, honestly, it does you no favours to be piping up on the back of a loss. I know that you haven't followed a few of our games this season, so you may not be the best person to judge. We've certainly improved in the areas you've mentioned.

Piping up on the back of a loss? I've been saying exactly the same thing about Pardew and the way his team plays for years :lol:

I've seen every minute other than the Villa game, I was at SJP for West Ham and Hull, just calling it as I see it.

Some of their goals were purely down to players just not using their heads and doing their jobs properly. You cannot blame Pardew for that.

You can blame Pardew for using the wrong personnel and tactics, but players failing to track men and ball-watching is down to the individual player. Pardew isn't the greatest but to blame him for that kind of shit is ludicrous.

And as I've said many times Pardew doesn't have to "tell" them anything.

That is the way we play, that is our footballing gameplan, to score the first goal then slow the tempo right down and attempt to stay solid.

They looked poor throughout really, only the diagonal ball to Graham looked remotely threatening. The goals were two soft/shit defending and one brilliant strike.

That is the way we play, that is our footballing gameplan, to score the first goal then slow the tempo right down and attempt to stay solid.

Absolutely, it comes back to the footballing ethos, that's instilled in a group of players over time. Again (and I keep repeating myself) too much is made of analysing games in isolation, look at the way his team has played over the years he's been here. Lack of movement, rigidity, surrender initiative when in front. They're all old problems.

Absolutely, it comes back to the footballing ethos, that's instilled in a group of players over time. Again (and I keep repeating myself) too much is made of analysing games in isolation, look at the way his team has played over the years he's been here. Lack of movement, rigidity, surrender initiative when in front. They're all old problems.

Yep, all stemming from a culture of fear. That's why we never stuff sides. We're full of inhibition.

Guest firetotheworks

You can blame Pardew for using the wrong personnel and tactics, but players failing to track men and ball-watching is down to the individual player. Pardew isn't the greatest but to blame him for that kind of s*** is ludicrous.

It would be if we weren't talking about players that were quality before they arrived here, if they weren't players that weren't starting players in decent Champions League and International teams. Who the fuck drills them? Directs them and tells them what to do?

You can put blame on individual errors and the odd poor performance? But the entire team not being able to string passes together, a lack of movement and resorting to hoofing when we're behind? On the back of an away win? Come on. The only player that showed anything was Remy and it wouldn't surprise me if his form dipped once Pardew gets into his head.

Everyone except Remy and Anita played badly and it's all down to individual performances? That's a bit of a coincidence don't you think?

Yep, all stemming from a culture of fear. That's why we never stuff sides. We're full of inhibition.

i've always been a massive critic of pardew and would prefer him gone, i just didn't see this on saturday at all...he just got done by an away performance exploiting the holes in his gameplan

i'm starting to find it very hard to believe he puts out a team to play the way we did for the first 10-15 minutes and then his "ethos" is to shut down and try to defend...i did last year when rigidity and long balls were our gameplan but to do it now makes no sense whatsoever

i just think he's a poor manager trying to manage good players, inevitably he'll get it wrong more than he gets it right, i don't think it's some overarching adherence to being defensive