Alan Pardew

Mike

The contrast between the two managers is highlighted exceptionally well in that piece. Theirs believes in facing truths and reality when they lose and win, regardless of the result, ours believes in fairies and magic. Unbelievable.

The contrast between the two managers is highlighted exceptionally well in that piece. Theirs believes in facing truths and reality when they lose and win, regardless of the result, ours believes in fairies and magic. Unbelievable.

Chelsea would beat us 9 times out of 10 if we played the way we did in the first half on Saturday, they looked as if they thought they just had to turn up and they were trying to walk the ball into the net.  Our last 20 minutes were as good as anything we've done this season, the first 60 to 70 was anything but.

Chelsea would beat us 9 times out of 10 if we played the way we did in the first half on Saturday, they looked as if they thought they just had to turn up and they were trying to walk the ball into the net.  Our last 20 minutes were as good as anything we've done this season, the first 60 to 70 was anything but.

What happened on Saturday was exactly the game plan we had for Benfica, so he's shown it does work to an extent.

What happened on Saturday was exactly the game plan we had for Benfica, so he's shown it does work to an extent.

It worked on Saturday but I wouldn't like to go that way too often, we rode our luck and we won the game.

What luck? they had 2 shots on target all game...

Possession doesn't equal domination.... they created nothing and hardly got into out box, there was no luck involved.

Being pessimistic for the sake of it is really boring.

Our first and possibly only shot in the first half was on 29 minutes, we were lucky whether you realise that or not.

Guest icemanblue

What luck? they had 2 shots on target all game...

Possession doesn't equal domination.... they created nothing and hardly got into out box, there was no luck involved.

Being pessimistic for the sake of it is really boring.

Our first and possibly only shot in the first half was on 29 minutes, we were lucky whether you realise that or not.

:lol: Honestly, man. So fuck.

To be fair, it's easy for Mourinho to be magnanimous in defeat and all that stuff, he's an established success who is bigger than the club he works for and any of his players. I agree his attitude is good, but he spouts a fair bit of nonsense as well.

To be fair, it's easy for Mourinho to be magnanimous in defeat and all that stuff, he's an established success who is bigger than the club he works for and any of his players. I agree his attitude is good, but he spouts a fair bit of nonsense as well.

I was looking more at the philosophy of when they're winning. He stressed that he reminds his players each time they win WHY they won. Pardew will change the fucking formation as soon as we went a goal down next game, regardless of the previous game's result. We've seen this.

Spineless.

I was looking more at the philosophy of when they're winning. He stressed that he reminds his players each time they win WHY they won. Pardew will change the fucking formation as soon as we went a goal down next game, regardless of the previous game's result. We've seen this.

Spineless.

Ah right, get'cha.

Mick, how many teams have you seen dominate Chelsea recently? Why do you think we should have or should have played better than just last 20 (even though that's laughable). How long did Everton play well against them in their 1-0 win at home to them, I'm curious to your logic of what deems a team to have played well.

There's no way we were lucky on Saturday like. You can't possibly say "we were lucky that Chelsea were absolute turd", that's not luck anymore than to say after a hopeless defeat "we were unlucky today that we were utter garbage". You can't have it both ways.

I didn't think we were good (in the first half, we were very poor and conceded possession almost instantly every time we had it) but with the talent they had out, they were worse, did absolutely nothing with the ball, and we showed far more in the last twenty than they did in the entire game. We fully deserved to win the game, but not because we were superb, and not because we were lucky, we were just better than an atrocious (on the day) Chelsea.

Mick, how many teams have you seen dominate Chelsea recently? Why do you think we should have or should have played better than just last 20 (even though that's laughable). How long did Everton play well against them in their 1-0 win at home to them, I'm curious to your logic of what deems a team to have played well.

I haven't watched Chelsea much so I can't comment on how many teams have dominated them or not or how well Everton played against them.

There's no way we were lucky on Saturday like. You can't possibly say "we were lucky that Chelsea were absolute turd", that's not luck anymore than to say after a hopeless defeat "we were unlucky today that we were utter garbage". You can't have it both ways.

I didn't think we were good (in the first half, we were very poor and conceded possession almost instantly every time we had it) but with the talent they had out, they were worse, did absolutely nothing with the ball, and we showed far more in the last twenty than they did in the entire game. We fully deserved to win the game, but not because we were superb, and not because we were lucky, we were just better than an atrocious (on the day) Chelsea.

agree with most of this, I do, however, think we played well second half.

We were lucky in as much as we hardly tried anything during the first half and Chelsea were poor.  I doubt our negative first half would pay off very often against them and that is down to luck.  I will be very surprised to find out that they'd had more possession in a game than they had against us without coming out of it with 3 points.  In the end we deserved to win because of what we did in the last 20 minutes or so when we were excellent.

You can be unlucky not to win, that wouldn't be the case if we were utter garbage though.

agree with most of this, I do, however, think we played well second half.

Aye there was one moment midway through that suddenly lifted the crowd and it was like a black cloud lifting (literally and metaphorically!), from then on, we dominated proceedings, can't remember what it was, maybe Shola's stroll through their defence to go practically clean through.

We thoroughly deserved to beat them like for me. Contained them and their pressure. Got a little bit of luck when Terry hit the bar but other than that we did virtually everything right and wanted it more than Chelsea. When Shola broke through a new found belief came and as a result we attacked and won the game. The crowd was pissing me off first half, we would keep the ball and they would complain, we would pump it long and they would complain, FFS it's Chelsea t home and we have just been beat in the cup and away at the unwashed, just relax. Pardew got it spot on on saturday and deserves credit for that, despite what we all think of him as a puppet / average manager.

Guest bimpy474

FFS why does it have to be that Chelsea were bad and we were lucky. We made them look bad and certainly weren't lucky. We have enough shit to deal with without trying to take away the one shining light among the multitude of turds. While there's merit in saying playing like we did in the first half was a bit lucky. We defend well and before we scored we could have scored two.

Sod looking for reasons why we shouldn't have won. We fucking did and I enjoyed wind milling around my lounge. We were the better team and deserved to win over the 90 minutes.

For fuck sake just enjoy it.